What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Power Band

Ulysseus

Bench
What about the Tele's incredibly scientific study, we passed them around the office and they seemed to work?? (Where's the data and results etc.?)

Mate they have hardly been a sound voice of reason in the media industry as a whole in the last few years.
They lack credibility as an organisaton and publication, I don't think they are about to start putting forward a factual or balanced argument for anything, be it league, social matters, law reform or these f**king bracelets.

Frankly I think the article is a load of sh*t, if anything it was a great advertisement for the company that might con a few people into buying it.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Its a bit late for April Fools isn't it?

that was my first thought....

if anything it was a great advertisement for the company that might con a few people into buying it.
wouldnt surprise me in the least....

the only thing this does show is either:
a) footballers are very superstitious (which does seem to be the case)
b) footballers are very stupid (some fit into this category)
c) footballers will do anything for money/endorsement (remember those nasal strips?)
d) all of the above

if it increased your power by 500% wouldnt the opposition need a truck to stop you?

Ulysseus

Bench
500% my f**king arse.
There are certain bodybuilding supplements which might give you another 25 to 30%, the trade off to that is veins bulging out, headaches, skin itching, increased heart rate and a few other undesirable effcets, I think the sh*t was called "Morph" or something, you took it then it went off in stages.
The user wasn't supposed to eat before taking it though, or vomiting was guaranteed.
Having spoke to people who used it, the extra power (or ability to go harder for longer) was indeed present, but not worth the tradeoff, seemed to work better as a substance to pop when going for a night out to really add to the kicker of anything bar alcohol.
All those problems were resultant of about 30% power gain, 500% would surely f**k something in the human body, and bloody quickly.

petetheileet

First Grade
Ive seen Rafa wearing it as well....

Now the guy is being paid millions a year to wear a 525k watch....

Rafa claims the power balance works. And i really doubt he would sell out for what that company could offer to pay him. The guy is 23yrs old and would be worth a quater billion.

If he says it works i doubt anyone is paying him a few grand to say it does.

Canard

Immortal

Rafa claims the power balance works. And i really doubt he would sell out for what that company could offer to pay him. The guy is 23yrs old and would be worth a quater billion.

So you reckon its legit? A hologram that emits a certain frequency??

Cmon man use your brain its a scam! Cause some rich kid millionaire says it works doesn't legitamitise it in any way.

sh*t the Howard Govt pumped Millions into Firepower, how that work out again??

Pierced Soul

First Grade
the whole thing is just another fad which comes ago like the black shoe polish under the eyes, or the bike shorts.....

I expect to throw weights around like Brock Lesnar next gym session.

Common scheme that'll make the con artists their quick fire buck. Sign up 50 or so various sportstars on a contract to wear the thing and promote it here or there at an average $25,000 each. Initial outlay of $1,250,000. Sell 500000 of the 80c rubber bands to idiot retailers the world over who'll want in on the 'craze'. Close up warehouse as they pocket a cool $25,000,000 profit.

That would be the method.

And if someone came up to you and proposed you to wear a rubber bracelet for 25k, you'd find it hard to turn down.

Craze begin.

IF it begins, and the tele story read like an ADVERT to me.

That company [news] will stop at nothing.

Danish

Referee

.... because a 23 year old highly superstitious player suffering from OCD is an excellent scientific authority.

LazyDreamer

Bench
Analysis, the Daily Tellingcrap style: A company's media release, and a handful of the product for testing on workmates. Isn't this the same research method that saw the downfall of Nixon, the capture of Milat & the release of Kim Kardashain's sex tape???

I'll bet the workmates were p!ssed it was rubber bracelets & not the latest batch of ekkies!

Billybob

Juniors
I bought one yesterday to try it out

yep my cut out passes are now bouncing along the ground in front of my wingers before going out

I've started throwing flick passes

one side effect though ,I keep saying choice and I've never read that magazine

redvscotty

First Grade
I have one in my hot little hands.

It's blue, rubber, and has "BEYONDBLUE.COM.AU - tackling depression together" printed on the outside of it. I got it for free from a Health and Lifestyle expo at work.

And all you suckers went and paid $60.

I also have a bright orange one at home with "BLF - Builders Labourers Federation" This one is a little older, so I'm wanting $10 for it. PM me for bids.

buck__naked

Juniors
How many players in the NRL aren't earing them now? In the interview last night on the footy show Scott Prince was wearing on but they didn't ask him about it at all.

Doug2234

First Grade
im pretty sure they talked about it.

didnt they question Farrah about it and he said his just wearing it because everyone else is.