What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Problem With Gould

franklin2323

Immortal
you worry to much lol we be sweet have faith in new signings. you cant say they will weakened the squad atleast give them a shot at the foot of the mountains. you just gotta look at the storm mate they had plenty of nobodys this year but look where they are now.

They have a good spine we don't. Potentially we do but it will take a season or 2 to develop. Here's some problem's unsolved:

Fullback- Coote or Gordon.

Jennings- We can't get him the ball on a regular basis or enough. This has even been mentioned in fox sports game commentary

Halves- Walsh/Burns aren't the answer. 1 refuses to run, 1 doesn't pass. Other options Siejka/Austin to raw will need a season or 2 to be affective. Coote. Same us above sure other players have moved from 1 to 6. None did it with instant success.

Forwards- We have 3 props that will make 100m+ outstanding. The backrow will tackle non-stop With the expection of Lewis none can produce in attack. Tia-Kilifi can fill this void however again an 18 yo forward isn't going to do regular enough to be affective.

Hooker- Kingston very slow service. Regularly throws forward passes. Seluini hasn't come along like many including me thought he would.

Injuries- Lewis, Coote, Jennings always injured. Walsh always carrying injuries. So we need the depth to cover these when they arise. Currently our back depth is slow and very ordinary

Sure we have the makings of a good team I just can't see it before 2013 or 2014

franklin2323

Immortal
surely with clearly there things will get better.
We will be better disiplined. Have better structures we just won't have the personnel just yet. Once the players get used to the structures & the young one's get used to the speed of the game we will be better.

We have 30+ players on the roster now so barring any releases from us. We pretty much have our squad. We need to fill some holes using the players we have

Bob

Juniors
They have a good spine we don't. Potentially we do but it will take a season or 2 to develop. Here's some problem's unsolved:

Fullback- Coote or Gordon.

Jennings- We can't get him the ball on a regular basis or enough. This has even been mentioned in fox sports game commentary

Halves- Walsh/Burns aren't the answer. 1 refuses to run, 1 doesn't pass. Other options Siejka/Austin to raw will need a season or 2 to be affective. Coote. Same us above sure other players have moved from 1 to 6. None did it with instant success.

Forwards- We have 3 props that will make 100m+ outstanding. The backrow will tackle non-stop With the expection of Lewis none can produce in attack. Tia-Kilifi can fill this void however again an 18 yo forward isn't going to do regular enough to be affective.

Hooker- Kingston very slow service. Regularly throws forward passes. Seluini hasn't come along like many including me thought he would.

Injuries- Lewis, Coote, Jennings always injured. Walsh always carrying injuries. So we need the depth to cover these when they arise. Currently our back depth is slow and very ordinary

Sure we have the makings of a good team I just can't see it before 2013 or 2014
Thats on the negative side, on the positive side of things we wont have 3 or 4 dropped balls from Waterhouse, his 2 - 3 penalties per game, Purtells 3 or 4 bad misses that lead to try's and as much as I admire Petero he IS running on old legs
I expect both Grant and McKendry to really step up, Vaurasi to maybe get a look in, Brendan Gibb if he remains injury free to make an impact

As for the backline I won't be surprised to see Tighe let go or spend time at Windsor, Burns to be moved out of 5/8, If Vai Vai stays I think he will play right side (his stronger side from the NSW cup games I saw him in)
I would also like to see Santini blooded on the wing

franklin2323

Immortal
Thats on the negative side, on the positive side of things we wont have 3 or 4 dropped balls from Waterhouse, his 2 - 3 penalties per game, Purtells 3 or 4 bad misses that lead to try's and as much as I admire Petero he IS running on old legs

:lol::lol::lol: True. Which Is why I feel we will be better disiplined. That what always lead to victory. We need plenty in the attack side of things to match the majority of teams.

Yeah our backs look a lot better with Vaivai in the team. Hopefully the 1/2's will give him & Jennings some early, quality ball.

The outside backs and Props look strong. The rest has lots of question marks over it

franklin2323

Immortal
VaiVai has a wicked left foot step, he stands up his man with ease.

Yeah, Berrigan had no idea how to stop him. He needs to get it so he can put the winger away most of the time there was no space for Simmons or Tighe to be put in space. A few tweaks and him & Jennings will go well

chanticleer

Juniors
Any suprise our star centre ends up at Politis' club?

Since Gould has come he has managed to agitate our club captain, our star centre and a long serving player out of our club

Im really suspicious of his close relationship with Politis, they wouldnt have let BJ go unless this deal with jennings was pretty much done a while back

murraymob

Coach
Any suprise our star centre ends up at Politis' club?

Since Gould has come he has managed to agitate our club captain, our star centre and a long serving player out of our club

Im really suspicious of his close relationship with Politis, they wouldnt have let BJ go unless this deal with jennings was pretty much done a while back

we are getting close to the start of the new season.If a deal was done earlier he would have already gone.Gould has tried to turn a under achieving club around.Sometimes that means losing fan favourites

WireMan

Bench
Thats on the negative side, on the positive side of things we wont have 3 or 4 dropped balls from Waterhouse, his 2 - 3 penalties per game

You will be glad to hear that we have made this guy into a rugby player now.

So what do you guys think will be the line up for the first round?

Goulds plan may be to leave some cap space so when a good player gets sacked then you can make a move and get them cheap? He can use his influence in the media to make it happen. Expect a story about Gallen p*ssing up the side of a church or something soon...

Kilkenny

Coach
We fixed the forwards sadly still need halves.

I was happy with the squad Nov 1. The loss of Siejka and Jennings puts us back to where we were the start of this year sadly.

Gould has been working overtime in an attempt to lure the number one player in the game to the club. Unfortunately we can't have both Thurston and Jennings the finances can't accomodate both. As for the other highly paid individuals there hasn't been any interest and nor will there be so they will be with us till end of 2014 whether we like it or not.

In relation to Siejka I just don't think he was going to make the step up. Disappointing because we all had high hopes.

Overall our squad depth is much better than 2012 with or without Jennings.

bellyache

Bench
We fixed the forwards sadly still need halves.

I was happy with the squad Nov 1. The loss of Siejka and Jennings puts us back to where we were the start of this year sadly.
IMO Siejka should have spent more time playing 1st grade in 2012, he seemed to handle the step up in his few performances.. Confidence comes from experience and Seijka just needed a bit more.

penrithmob 65

Juniors
Harry never made the step up plain and simple because he is the worst defender in the clubs history.Even at the u20 level when he went back he missed 5 plus tackles a game

franklin2323

Immortal
In relation to Siejka I just don't think he was going to make the step up. Disappointing because we all had high hopes.

Overall our squad depth is much better than 2012 with or without Jennings.

Siejka had 4 years in NYC. He graduated and would of been tested against grown ups this season. He could of shown more of the prospects long term from there. Who knows he might be a dud might not. Certainly could of ruled him out with only Walsh in front.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Harry never made the step up plain and simple because he is the worst defender in the clubs history.Even at the u20 level when he went back he missed 5 plus tackles a game

I agree. The times I've seen Harry play ( U/20 + First grade) he was showing promise in attack but defence was a disaster. Aka turnstile.

chanticleer

Juniors
The fact that good men like Petero and and Lewis left in the way they did, and both had issues with management speaks volumes about Gould

Gould has managed to create a poorer FG squad even after releasing Lewis and Gordon and the cap going up 800K. Like seriously WTF

Now we really lack firepower out wide

Cant see JT joining a team that cant finish off his creativity

Latest posts