What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pura Cup 2007/2008 thread

this would have sounded crazy a little while ago , but i think casson could just be a future Australian one day player.

his batting has been very good lately , and his domestic one day bowling figures are on par with Brad hogg's , if not slightly better.

BTW - he is 72 not out today.

Just realised to , only one possible bowler hasnt been used for South Aust. Thats Callum ferguson , All other 9 possibles have bowled.

aussies1st

Staff member
herbert henry1908 said:
this would have sounded crazy a little while ago , but i think casson could just be a future Australian one day player.

his batting has been very good lately , and his domestic one day bowling figures are on par with Brad hogg's , if not slightly better.

BTW - he is 72 not out today.

Needs to break into our OD side first, if anything he'll get a Test spot before ODI. Hauritz has been alright did really good last season in OD and Dohtery had a decent season.

D

Deleted member 10972

Does anyone think Casson could develop into a top 6 bowling allrounder much like Cameron White? His batting form seems to be ahead of Steve Smith, Aaron O'Brien & Steve O'Keefe, plus with his bowling being useful too, he could become an excellent allrounder, age still being on his side.

Jaques (Cowan when Jaques is playing for Aus)
Hughes
Katich
Thornely
Casson
Henriques/Lambert
Smith
Hauritz
(no idea, a line & length bowler to back up Bollingers left armers & Camerons pace)
Cameron
Bollinger

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I dont think he is a better bat than Steven Smith.

I think Josh Lalor could become the third seamer next season.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The Mack said:
SA is a really sad story. I mean, they have guys like Ferguson, Cosgrove, Christian - 3 highly talented young batsman, along with the solid Delmont. Two solid & experienced openers in Daniel Harris & Shane Deitz. A competent wicketkeeper in Graham Manou. Two talented spinners in Bailey & Cullen. A lower order biffer & part-time spinner in Adcock. A classic line & length man in Rofe, a speedster in Tait, & a reverse swing bowler in Ryan Harris. That is a very useful team IMO, just a shame they can't put it together consistently.
Without Tait they lack penatration, and withoput Dizzy they can't keep it tight. Without Lehaman they can't score runs. In a word they are sh*t.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hogg has shown this season why it is so hard for a Chinaman to succeed at test level, stock ball spins into the batsman. Even with with a good googly after a while good batsman start to pick it. Throughout the history of test cricket their has never been a great Left arm wrist spinner.

Red Bear

Referee
maybe left arm wrist spinner who had the control of warne would go well.

Casson has surprisingly seemed to improve both aspects of his game the past few weeks (altho lets face it he is playing south australia).

Dutchy

Immortal
Thornley 150*
Casson 88*

I reckon we will declare once Cass gets his ton.

Australias next spinner according to Warne. Cullen Bailey is 0/130 off 34 overs