What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really NSW 2011 thread that will be hated by all!

JT_

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. Uate
3. J Morris/Gasnier
4. Idris
5. B Morris/Ferguson
6. Carney/Soward
7. Pearce
8. Snowden
9. Farah
10. Weyman
11. Watmough
12. Gallen
13. Lewis

14. Bird
15. Learoyd-Lars
16. T Mannah
17. Creagh

I'd like to see how Ferguson does and if he can continue to show form.

If Carney doesn't get back to form before G1, go with Soward. I'd rather Carney just regather his game for us if that's what it takes for him. No point putting him in if he's not ready, by the looks of things he's not there physically or mentally at the moment.

If Gasnier shows form then I'd pick over J Morris.

Tweed Titan

Bench
He's a very good attacker no doubt but I've always had suspicions about his defence, he can hit hard but he isn't he best lateral mover but people seem to ignore his missed tackles and bad reads because he's tough but the miss on Proctor last week, and Hodges this week have been embarrassing and have led to tries. I remember last year against St George, its kind of made me notice Bird's D abit more, he raced up quick on Soward, got beat easily and left a massive gap for Soward to stroll over, was one of the worst pieces of on line defence I've ever seen, not just at NRL standard but even for 3rd division oztag.

fair call

RedVfaithful

Juniors
Blatant st george favouritism in selecting gaz and weyman over idris and mannah lol

Didnt pick idris because i think his defence is not up to standard, he let two tries in last week and 1 in against souths week before im pretty sure. But if he does pick up his defence happy for him to be in. Lawrence would of been my first choice though
And weyman over mannah is one i wouldnt change, just think weyman is a better player and has always played ok in the blue jersey

timka4

Bench
But doesn't every centre/winger usually let in a try or 2 in a game. Especially with 30-60 points scored (both teams scored totalled). I think because Idris' defence has been pointed out in the past before its a lot more noticeable when he lets a try in, bit like Gallen with his penalties

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
But doesn't every centre/winger usually let in a try or 2 in a game. Especially with 30-60 points scored (both teams scored totalled). I think because Idris' defence has been pointed out in the past before its a lot more noticeable when he lets a try in, bit like Gallen with his penalties

I often find Idris out of position and struggling to catch opposition players. Its basic sliding defence that he seems to struggle with.

mrpwnd

Bench
Didnt pick idris because i think his defence is not up to standard, he let two tries in last week and 1 in against souths week before im pretty sure. But if he does pick up his defence happy for him to be in. Lawrence would of been my first choice though
And weyman over mannah is one i wouldnt change, just think weyman is a better player and has always played ok in the blue jersey
I always thought Weyman was pretty sh*t in origin lol.
Mind you, it still hasn't changed + he's injured too.
One player from dragons I wouldn't mind seeing is Soward, been very good the past 2 years.

1. Hayne
2. Uate
3. J Morris/Gasnier
4. Idris
5. B Morris/Ferguson
6. Carney/Soward
7. Pearce
8. Snowden
9. Farah
10. Weyman
11. Watmough
12. Gallen
13. Lewis

14. Bird
15. Learoyd-Lars
16. T Mannah
17. Creagh

I'd like to see how Ferguson does and if he can continue to show form.

If Carney doesn't get back to form before G1, go with Soward. I'd rather Carney just regather his game for us if that's what it takes for him. No point putting him in if he's not ready, by the looks of things he's not there physically or mentally at the moment.

If Gasnier shows form then I'd pick over J Morris.

I like your thinking with Ferguson. He's been outstanding so far.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Who is your preferred hooker if Farah elects for surgery? The obvious options are Ennis, Gidley and Young, but could we see a bolter possibly? A De Gois or Tongue? A makeshift hooker?

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
There really aren't many other options.

Buttriss - Solid
Morris - Solid
De Gois - Mixed (Good in attack, bad in defence)
Keating - Average
Young - Average (at hooker)
Riddell - Average

Really it's Ennis or bust if Farah goes down.

RHCP

Bench
Gidley :p

De Gois could be a bolter if he gets back on the field in time. Lots of heart and plenty of fire in his belly. Plays like Ennis but doesn't give away so many ridiculous penalties. He's not afraid of taking on the big boppers in defence, but he is prone to dropping off tackles, which is what is holding him back.

I'd like to see Issac in there if he can tighten his defence up, but realistically, I think they'll stick with 9. Ennis 14. Gidley.

Pazza

First Grade

Idris might not have the best defence but what does it matter? We have won 4 games in the past 5 origin series!!!! An attitude towards defence and trying to contain QLD isn't working! It doesn’t matter who you put up against Inglis, he is going to make them look stupid at origin level. What we need is someone who is going to make Inglis look silly without the ball. Idris is that man!!!

As for Weyman, I don’t mind him playing origin but he isn’t the future. Mannah is arguably the best young prop in the game! He must be there!

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Out of the players most likely, this is what I'd like to see:

1. Dugan
2. Hayne
3. Gordon
4. Idris
5. Uate

6. Carney
7. Pearce

8. Tolman
9. Farah
10. Snowden
11. TLL
12. Lewis
13. Gallen

14. Mannah
15. Watmough
16. Bird
17. Gidley

If it didn't come down to media hype and the usual suspects, this is the team I could really identify with:

1. Dugan
2. Croker
3. Lewis
4. Idris
5. Hayne

6. Carney
7. Pearce

8. Tolman
9. Farah
10. Gallen
11. Heighington
12. Laffranchi
13. Fensom

14. Mannah
15. Douglas
16. Thompson
17. Mullen

chrisD

Coach
At origin level Gidley has been a better hooker than Ennis and Farah so far. If they must pick him, putting him at 9 is the best case scenario imo. And you muppets have to get this 1. Dugan fantasy out of your heads.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
After watching the last 6 games from Jarryd Hayne, I wouldnt have him at fullback for the Blues based on form. I havent seen anyone step up to take the position off him, but he is shockingly out of form.

Noa

First Grade
He's had 2 decent games, he's just playing a game Eels fans arent used too.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
He's had 2 decent games, he's just playing a game Eels fans arent used too.

Last night was his worst. He did the basic fullback stuff right and very well (he read Thurstons kicks brilliantly) but he took too many wrong options in set plays, he didnt kick on the 6th a couple of times. I can remember 2 passes that went to ground, one of which went over the sideline 2 meters out from the try line.

And he looked so tired with 15 minutes to go. He was sucking in big ones and was dawdling towards the play. He must be sick, its the only thing I can think off.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Also, his drop ball 1 meter in front of the line with only Bowen in his way. I get that Bowen is strong for his size, but he still is only half a meter tall, he should have scored.