What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THE RED V NOSTALGIA THREAD

Johnny Raper was also a larrikin, so when he was accused of being 'the man in the bowler hat' nude walker in northern England on the '67/68 Kangaroo tour, most would have believed it. But for the great man's reputation at the time the event was found to be a case of mistaken identity.
Nevertheless he milked the incident for all it was worth, wearing the very English bowler hat for various promos and his autobiography. (see below)
1726366364561.jpeg

Jeez I'd love to read that book. Wonder if I can get the ebook version online.

Last edited:

shazam

Juniors
Back in the Johnny Raper era my father use to come down to Sydney from the bush for a bit of fun !!!
He would go to Checkers night club at the Cross & drink with a lot of footballers
His one story was Raper would get the telegram guy to sing out telegram for Mr Raper so everyone would know he was there

Latest posts