What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ref: Steve Ganson

innsaneink

Referee
• Referee
Steve Ganson

• Video Referee
Chris Ward

• Touch Judges
Steve Carrall, Arthur Clark

What about this Steve Ganson?

Any one with any info on him? Kiwi?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I heard someone talking about the ref for the ESL GF, the guys an Aussie apparently. Ashley Klein....an Aussie ref in the poms biggest game? hmmm.
And we had Russell Smith here.
I think we were dudded.

As with all British refs, you'll see he wont cop ANY backchat, his ten meters will be more like 7 meters and the play the ball area will be a bit of a mess.

Charge

Juniors
He isn't scared to send people off either. Ask Morley (7 seconds) and Kearny. Er... except if he is in one of his inconsistant moods. Doesn't care too much about offside either.

Bottom line: could be great but could be absolutely dire.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I can't stand the way non-existent high tackles get pulled up every 5 seconds in ESL games. I'm also looking forward to 5000 penalties in the play the ball area considering the totally anti-defence interpretations in the ESL.

Iafeta

Referee
I'm with Thierry on the head highs.

I've seen tackles in their games that don't even touch the neck, and they're pulled up, the guys called out, and Stevo on the commentary lays into him.

choc_soldier

Coach
coldhardbitch said:
Ganson is the best ref in Britain atm.

anyone know if Glen Black is reffing again this year?

Unless there are any better Kiwi refs out there, probably. I personally thought he was out of his depth last year - has he improved?

Ganson is a Pom, so does this appointment mean that he's overtaken Russell Smith as the best ref from England?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I didnt think Glen Black was as bad as people said, he only got criticism cause of Wayne Bennett. Black reffed alright in the Tri Nations games, only a couple of dodgy decisions. Maybe the TV's didnt see the 10 metres well enough, I could be wrong.

Humphrey

Juniors
innsaneink said:
• Touch Judges
Steve Carrall, Arthur Clark

:roll: Whhat a joke. Artie Clark cant even keep up with the play in a Bartercard game as a liney. Shows how piss poor referee development is in NZ if thats the best we have to give
Flaming SHOCKING:(

ozboy

Juniors
Why on Earth for supposedly the highest honour in the game do we hire 2nd rate amateur referee's from amateur RL competitions all for the sake of neutral referee's.

We have the best players from Australia, NZ and GB, yet we have some amateurs from the Bartercard Cup officiating them.

Go figure.