What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ref was terrible !

NZ did not deserve to win. But they did not deserve to lose by that much !! That ref made some really bad calls, he was terrible.

The Kiwis were still in the hunt (they were an outside chance) up untill the 58th minute when Pritchard got called for a head shot, which was a shoulder and he was slipping, then on the back of that those 2 disgraceful calls came with the pass off the ground and that bloody forward pass.

Mate he was terrible

gregstar

Referee
somef*ckingstupidname said:
NZ did not deserve to win. But they did not deserve to lose by that much !! That ref made some really bad calls, he was terrible.

The Kiwis were still in the hunt (they were an outside chance) up untill the 58th minute when Pritchard got called for a head shot, which was a shoulder and he was slipping, then on the back of that those 2 disgraceful calls came with the pass off the ground and that bloody forward pass.

Mate he was terrible

dude - you got slapped.

deal with it.

Mate I accept Aussie were better last night and that the Kiwis deserved to lose.

But mate can you tell me that the ref last night was up to standard? He WAS FREAKING terrible

gregstar

Referee
he was fine.

which ref doesn't make an error?

your team made 41 mistackles
your team gave up 11 linebreaks
your team made 4 times the amount of errors the ref did.

the ref had absolutely zilch influence on the result or the scoreline.

ozbash

Referee
the ref had absolutely zilch influence on the result or the scoreline.

gee, thats sticking your neck out.

The referee (and even more so one of the touch judges, who made incorrect call after incorrect call) was utterly awful. Australia would have won, and probably won well, with any referee, but if you think the ref was fine you either have very low refereeing standards or were watching a different game last night. Some of the penalties he gave would have been extremely soft for an NRL game, let alone a test match.

They absolutely need to do something about forward passes though, since apparently those are legal now. They've been happening a lot this year anyway, but in the test match both teams got away with throwing a LOT of passes that were forward and I can't recall one forward pass being called.

Australia would have won, and probably won well, with any referee
How exactly is this blaming the ref? We weren't as good as Australia and deserved to be smashed on the day. But I believe that the referee was also very bad, even though we'd have lost whether he was good or not. I don't see how that's such a tough idea to accept...

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Don't you know how international league works? ONLY Australian's are allowed to say anything negative about referees after a loss until we get the one we want and then annihilate whoever we play, all for the good of the game, of course.

fourplay

Juniors
The ref was PATHETIC.... so many bad calls. I got really frustrated watching the game because of him. He needs to realise he was refing a test match, give a little leeway. The first penalty of the game was an absolute joke and he continued with the bad calls against NZL throughout the game.

Iafeta

Referee
That test was fast, frenetic and physical.

Given that, I thought he did an exceptional job in largely controlling it.

Why is it the losing side's fans always unilaterally kick up a stink about the refereeing? I've seen a lot worse performances than that at international and NRL and Super League level, he was consistent down the middle in my book.

Its not his fault we were hopelessly outplayed by a great set of halves.

Frailty

First Grade
Good work Iafeta. About time someone saw the game through objective eyes. If Klein was refereeing the NRL I guarentee he would be one of the top if not the best referee in the competition.

Jackal Dog

Juniors
I thought the ref was great kept the game flowing. The only decision I had a question mark over was when Matt Cooper passed off the ground and AUS scored shortly after. Not that it made much difference anyway.

Frailty

First Grade
I think it is a great example of how bad the filtering of young referees into the top grade in Australia. Ashley Klien was stuck doing junior reps, and was told many times that he wasn't gonna be top grade.
He moved over to England, and now he is their best referee and referees boss, and this is after 3/4 years. Referees doing reps at the same time are in PL and not given the opportunity.

JJ

Immortal
Sir Knight82 said:
I guess the xxxxxxx had to whinge about something.......

the only way I can interpret that is that it's a racially offensive statement. I suggest you explain yourself you f**kwit, or delete it (or a mod should delete it and warn you)

as for the ref, he was ok. We deserved to loase by that much, the Aussies were incredible