What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the remainder of 2009 what would you do?

millersnose

Post Whore
i think we are at the point now where even reefy would agree that we will not contest the final series in 09

all in all no matter what happens for the rest of the year this year has been a failure...a huge failure

the club is in financial difficulty and has sponsorship issues that will not easily be improved during the current financial downturn

this may yet lead to a forced relocation

many people see the rest of this year as an opportunity to blood new players and write off the year -if we were a strong club i would agree but we are not

that is why i would win as many games possible by fielding the strongest team possible

that means playing simmons who is a try scorer, vea who is the better of the reserve grade back rowers

northwest9

Juniors
personally, i just giggle at the tv, cry a little, and then drink the pain away.

some of the selections, and player rotations this year leave me stunned,

I think bums on seats is the most important thing at this stage, that means having entertaining players. If we play to win with a head down bum up style of play we may win a game or 2, but not any more support.

carcharias

Immortal
Give the blokes here for next year a taste.

Simmo ? only if Cov or Fergo get hurt...and only on the wing.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
that is why i would win as many games possible by fielding the strongest team possible
There is much debate as to what that is.

Seems to me that is what Ricky is doing, except Vea, he clearly is on the outer.

Not that I agree with Ricky as to what our best side is.

I don't see him blooding players, same team is named that has been named for weeks.

newman

First Grade
I don't see him blooding players, same team is named that has been named for weeks.

I havent seen the figures but surely we have blooded more young players this year than any other in recent memory? Fergo, Stapler, Wright etc etc.

spider

Coach
i think we are at the point now where even reefy would agree that we will not contest the final series in 09

all in all no matter what happens for the rest of the year this year has been a failure...a huge failure

the club is in financial difficulty and has sponsorship issues that will not easily be improved during the current financial downturn

this may yet lead to a forced relocation

many people see the rest of this year as an opportunity to blood new players and write off the year -if we were a strong club i would agree but we are not

that means playing simmons who is a try scorer, vea who is the better of the reserve grade back rowers
you had me at simmo

newman

First Grade
at center at the expense of wright

I dont see the point in that. Wright is very very young but is a real talent who needs to be developed. Simmo is leaving next year, has had a pretty tepid career and they need him in NSW Cup for their premiership tilt.

newman

First Grade
The weed?

If you dig them, check out my mate Stewies band LEADFINGER. Hes a big sharks supporter, from the gong and i think the weed drummer was in his band for a while (bbb to confirm). Great power pop tunes.

The Swill is playing with them in Nov.

millersnose

Post Whore
I dont see the point in that. Wright is very very young but is a real talent who needs to be developed. Simmo is leaving next year, has had a pretty tepid career and they need him in NSW Cup for their premiership tilt.

they need him in nsw cup...oh i see...so wright is not good enough for nsw cup so we play him in 1sts....

kfts said:
drop all our good players into the nsw cup so we can win that

the more i think about it the less i think this is a joke

Latest posts