What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Roosters should look after their own interests.

melon.... said:
Holla if ya hear me said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Holla if ya hear me said:
Hes not a rep player
He was chosen for QLD behind old slow poke Robbie o davis for the First SOO but if you remember O davis withdrew due to injury

Oh yeah....The matchwinner that is Timana Tahu was out for the tour..You know...One of the 17 that were unavailable due to injuries etc
Hey...Thats is that why there were so many Goosters given jerseys :lol: :lol:
Any decent winger in the comp can do what Hegerty does..Pick up the ball from dummy half..crab across field for 5m and then submit in the tackle :lol:

74 days to go and Gould breaks his silenc

So was that good for you flip
Prove me wrong on Hegarty selection

Hegarty has played for Australia and QLD and you're saying he's not a rep player? That must mean that Andrew Johns isn't a rep player either, or Darren Lockyer or Danny Buderus or Shane Webke? But then you are a Newcastle supporter aren't you? Say no more. :D
Your damn Freakin right hes not A REP player
To mention him in the same paragraph as those four is a joke beyond belief!
But then again you need only watch the Grand final tape to see where the tries were scored :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hes just a very lucky player who will be dropped this year when Lewis and Tahu are selected for the No.2 and No.5
in the green and gold
Big DEAL- he made the QLD SOO team-He only got there CAUSE O DAVIS WAS INJURED
Once again youve come up with a personal attack when youve got nothing else to come up with :twisted:
O davis is with Melbourne now isnt he??? Back to the topic...If ODavis and Turnstile Gidley ever wore a rep Jersey then Heggarty is on his Golden boot hat trick!!!

Your a joke!!

No the real joke is the flogging your pathtic club cops every time you log on
Oh ...hang on....the second most funniest thing is ...Minichello :lol: :lol:
Cost the team the Grand final!!!-Always knew he had it in him and he stuffs it up on the biggest game of the year
71 days until....JESUS-Hegarty getting the Golden boot! :lol: :lol:
Hes the first one theyll get rid of :lol: :lol: :lol:

Front-Rower

First Grade
melon.... said:
Big Panther Cool said:
Renowned League Expert said:
Frankly, it wouldnt worry me if we didnt have any juniors at all.

Juniors are so over rated!

Your club hasn't got that many to begin with anyway so why would you worry???

Juniors Over-rated??? You're a joke Renowned League Fraud!!

Maybe juniors mean nothing to you and your club, but it certainly means a lot to the other clubs participating in the NRL.

So Newcastle juniors like Andrew Johns, Danny Buderus, etc are over-rated?????????

Brisbane juniors like Darren Lockyer & Shaun Berrigan are over-rated?????

Penrith juniors like Craig Gower & Rhys Wesser are over-rated????

Parra Juniors like Nathan Hindmarsh & Michael Vella are over-rated???

I could go on an on........

Maybe you should rethink your limited logic on this one League Fraud. After all, how would your club survive if there weren't any of the other club's juniors to steal????

P.S. Hey cogburn, you talk about dumb, look at what your comrade Renowned League Fraud posted??? He's one of yours isn't he?? :lol: :lol:
But dont you think Roosters juniors like Ricketson and Cross are over rated??

Cross A roosters junior :lol: :lol: A product of school boy rugby buddy, not Eastern Suburbs Rugby LEAGUE

Front-Rower said:
melon.... said:
Big Panther Cool said:

Maybe juniors mean nothing to you and your club, but it certainly means a lot to the other clubs participating in the NRL.

So Newcastle juniors like Andrew Johns, Danny Buderus, etc are over-rated?????????

Maybe you should rethink your limited logic on this one League Fraud. After all, how would your club survive if there weren't any of the other club's juniors to steal????

P.S. Hey cogburn, you talk about dumb, look at what your comrade Renowned League Fraud posted??? He's one of yours isn't he?? :lol: :lol:

Cross A roosters junior :lol: :lol: A product of school boy rugby buddy, not Eastern Suburbs Rugby LEAGUE

Get your facts right. Cross played league before union you genius. He started playing for St Charles which is based in Waverley when he was 5. He then played for the Coogee Wombats. He didn't play union until he went to Waverley College. I'll accept your apology whenever you're ready. :D

What I said, fools, is that having ten thousand juniors is over-rated. Not quite the same as saying that particular players who one day were juniors are "over rated" ...

You put more spin on it than Rumsfeld!

melon....

Coach
Front-Rower said:
melon.... said:
Big Panther Cool said:

moron...

melon.... said:
Normally I would say that juniors are not over rated. Im proud of all of Easts juniors both local and Feeder club developed. Each year I donate to Bondi United Junior RLFC. And I dont even live in the Eaetern Suburbs. When my son is old enough, I will sign him up with one of the 4 Easts junior clubs, even if I have to travel across Sydney to get him to his game...just to wear that Rooster over his heart. Juniors mean a lot to me personally. I wish we could get back Coogee and Randwick that were pinched by Souths. No I dont think juniors are over rated. But I can respect League Experts opinion because in todays game, there are no incentives to promote junior development in the NRL. No concessions and no rewards. This can be classed as over rating juniors for what they really are in todays game. Everyone, including clubs with huge junior bases buy from outside. We do it and you do it.

Let me ask you a hypothetical question Melon.

Let's say your son makes it in Rugby League for the roosters (and all the best for him in the future), and he's got the world at his feet.

Penrith turns around and makes him an offer to join their ranks. He accepts. How would you feel???

Front-Rower

First Grade
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Front-Rower said:
melon.... said:
Big Panther Cool said:

Get your facts right. Cross played league before union you genius. He started playing for St Charles which is based in Waverley when he was 5. He then played for the Coogee Wombats. He didn't play union until he went to Waverley College. I'll accept your apology whenever you're ready. :D

Why should I aplolgise to a twit like you. At least I don't bag your family like you tried to with something about a sister I don't even have you goose

Front-Rower said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Front-Rower said:
melon.... said:
Big Panther Cool said:

Why should I aplolgise to a twit like you. At least I don't bag your family like you tried to with something about a sister I don't even have you goose

I didn't bag your sister, I bagged you, you idiot. What other amazing facts have you got for me? The earth is flat or Santa Clause got stuck in your chimney or Cronulla are a good footy team? :lol:

wittyfan

Referee
Rooster Cogburn. said:
I didn't bag your sister, I bagged you, you idiot. What other amazing facts have you got for me? The earth is flat or Santa Clause got stuck in your chimney or Cronulla are a good footy team? :lol:

Or the Roosters aren't rorters and like to play by the rules? :p :lol:

LOL

Well, they ran second in the Minor Premiership and were beaten in the Grand Final by the same team that finished ahead of them in the Minor Premiership.

Makes sense to me that they'd claim to be the best team. :?

You know what the problem is BPC ?

They're French.

"Allo my little little non-french english speaking pig dogs. Rugby League is our South Pacific and we will crap in everyone's backyard if we choose to. We're French so you will automatically accept it or we will not call you mon ami and you will be totally offended".

Everlovin' Antichrist said:
LOL

Well, they ran second in the Minor Premiership and were beaten in the Grand Final by the same team that finished ahead of them in the Minor Premiership.

Makes sense to me that they'd claim to be the best team. :?

You know what the problem is BPC ?

They're French.

"Allo my little little non-french english speaking pig dogs. Rugby League is our South Pacific and we will crap in everyone's backyard if we choose to. We're French so you will automatically accept it or we will not call you mon ami and you will be totally offended".

Nice one EA!!! :lol:

Here's another one...........

Chris Walker winning the "Clubman of the Year Award"!!!

ManlySeaEagle

Juniors
Hi guys, i just found this site and was going thru the topics on the board. This topic is a classic, it gave me such a gr8 laugh. Rooster Cogburn ur a diehard fan which is cool, everything runs in cycles mate.......... at this time the comp cant afford to lose fans because their clubs dont exist. Im sure that clubs that are even wealthier than the Roosters - Bulldogs & Panthers (remember the panthers, they have a junior comp also) can afford to spend up too. But they didnt vote for the increase, geez we wonder why??????? Lets see where the Roosters are in 5 years, they where the transit lounge for years in the past, they are finally having a bit of success and good luck to them. But the tail dosent wag the dog.

I hope this isnt classed as hysterical or drivel............. we have a gr8 product in RL that was damaged immensely by the vision of Ribot, Murdoch, Cowley and Pay TV. No more hijacks.

Hope all ur teams have a gr8 2004

Regards
Scott

p.s. GO MANLY :lol:

ManlySeaEagle said:
Lets see where the Roosters are in 5 years, they where the transit lounge for years in the past,

Was it really that long? I'd say our recruitment policies were poor between 1988-1994. But before that, and since then, they have been excellent.

The "transit lounge" is another myth perpetrated by the fools at News Limited ... and, as usual, you clowns buy it, hook, line and sinker ...

The "transit lounge" is another myth perpetrated by the fools at News Limited ... and, as usual, you clowns buy it, hook, line and sinker ...

Yeah, but what time does the Bus leave?

sullyfan said:
The Roosters were a transit lounge as far back as 1984. :)

We finished runners-up in 1980, minor premiers and 3rd place in 1981, and third place again in 1982. Missed the semi finals in a play off for 5th spot in 1983. That it not indicative of poor recruitment ...

I don't think your statement is accurate - although we did make some purchases in 1984 who turned out to be disastrous, namely the Sorenson boys.

ManlySeaEagle

Juniors
Hey Rooster C, just to let u know mate that the term "TRANSIT LOUNGE" came about long b4 the news ltd fiasco. You get a bit testy dont you, relax enjoy your teams success at the moment.... easts are a very well run club and have a very good team. It could be worse, you could be a Bears supporter :lol:

Big Panther Cool said:
melon.... said:
Normally I would say that juniors are not over rated. Im proud of all of Easts juniors both local and Feeder club developed. Each year I donate to Bondi United Junior RLFC. And I dont even live in the Eaetern Suburbs. When my son is old enough, I will sign him up with one of the 4 Easts junior clubs, even if I have to travel across Sydney to get him to his game...just to wear that Rooster over his heart. Juniors mean a lot to me personally. I wish we could get back Coogee and Randwick that were pinched by Souths. No I dont think juniors are over rated. But I can respect League Experts opinion because in todays game, there are no incentives to promote junior development in the NRL. No concessions and no rewards. This can be classed as over rating juniors for what they really are in todays game. Everyone, including clubs with huge junior bases buy from outside. We do it and you do it.

Let me ask you a hypothetical question Melon.

Let's say your son makes it in Rugby League for the roosters (and all the best for him in the future), and he's got the world at his feet.

Penrith turns around and makes him an offer to join their ranks. He accepts. How would you feel???

Refresh..........

Melon I posted this question to you about a week ago. Not sure if you read it.