What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Roosters - The new silvertails?

Are the Roosters the new silvertails - to be hated by all except themselves

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If the Roosters have the initiative and foresight to purchase these young players and develop them, which in recent years they clearly have, then any crap that comes their way is just one thing - Jealousy.

Any NRL club could have bought these players.

Oh, by the way, I am NOT a Roosters fan. :)

Roosterphin

Juniors
The Original Eye said:
If the Roosters have the initiative and foresight to purchase these young players and develop them, which in recent years they clearly have, then any crap that comes their way is just one thing - Jealousy.

Any NRL club could have bought these players.

Oh, by the way, I am NOT a Roosters fan. :)

Couldnt have said it better myself

The Paea brothers are from Campbelltown and played all their Football there until overpaid by the Roosters to get them to move.

That's what the point is.

They bring kids in at around 16 - 18 from everywhere, except their own area apparently.

Roosterphin

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
The Paea brothers are from Campbelltown and played all their Football there until overpaid by the Roosters to get them to move.

They bring kids in at around 16 - 18 from everywhere, except their own area apparently.

Cmon EA thats being a bit harsh isnt it. Giving kids an opportunity at 16 to have a scholarship for a club is hardly bad is it.

Also is it also fair to compare the Eastern Suburs territory with Penrith, Wests etc - I wouldnt think so.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
choppies said:
Ok lets apply your definition of a junior, to the roosters. these players I can think of who made their 1st grade debut with the Roosters and players who were brought up through the junior ranks.

Todd Byrne
Ryan Cross
Anthony Minichiello
Mark Minichiello
Shannon Hegarty
Luke Ricketson
Michael Crocker
Peter Cusack
Chris Flannery
Lelea Paea
Stuart Webb
Ian Henderson
Steve Skinnon
Henari Veratau
Andrew Lomu
Tevita Metuisela
Todd Ollivier
Lopini Paea
Fred Peterson
Ben Wellington
Shane Rigon
Bryan Fletcher
Simon Bonetti
Much better than Manly ever did, I congratulate the Roosters development team, they are doing better than I suspected.
I must say I do not know 1/2 the guys on the list, but some others I have enjoyed watching.

Now compare that list to the Broncos which was the point of the 'juniors' debate and you will see that the roosters are about 1 to 4 in spotting and developing class players.

Is there a Broncos fan that can provide a list of players currently playing first grade that were Broncos juniors - of the top of my head 90% of thier top 25 players, Chris Walker, Justin Hodges, Ashley Harrison, and I know that list will continue..............

Unlike some roosters fans - I do not pretend to know everything.

fatshark

Bench
A junior to me is someone who started first grade with the club, as previously stated by myself (not this thread) one of the best things about the Roosters 2002 premiership was Ricko and Fletch were locals.

Thats what a junior is to the Roosters. A tool used to infiltrate peoples minds.
A junior is from the area they started playing JUNIOR League, or played most of. Simple as that.
A player who started first grade at a club could be called a 'developed 'player. Although some questions could be raised about the legit of that with players snatched from other clubs premier sides.
So out of that impressive Rooster list , you could pick about, oh , two players.

Roosterphin

Juniors
Mr Angry said:
choppies said:
Ok lets apply your definition of a junior, to the roosters. these players I can think of who made their 1st grade debut with the Roosters and players who were brought up through the junior ranks.

Todd Byrne
Ryan Cross
Anthony Minichiello
Mark Minichiello
Shannon Hegarty
Luke Ricketson
Michael Crocker
Peter Cusack
Chris Flannery
Lelea Paea
Stuart Webb
Ian Henderson
Steve Skinnon
Henari Veratau
Andrew Lomu
Tevita Metuisela
Todd Ollivier
Lopini Paea
Fred Peterson
Ben Wellington
Shane Rigon
Bryan Fletcher
Simon Bonetti
Much better than Manly ever did, I congratulate the Roosters development team, they are doing better than I suspected.
I must say I do not know 1/2 the guys on the list, but some others I have enjoyed watching.

Now compare that list to the Broncos which was the point of the 'juniors' debate and you will see that the roosters are about 1 to 4 in spotting and developing class players.

Is there a Broncos fan that can provide a list of players currently playing first grade that were Broncos juniors - of the top of my head 90% of thier top 25 players, Chris Walker, Justin Hodges, Ashley Harrison, and I know that list will continue..............

Unlike some roosters fans - I do pretend to know everything.

O.K here goes

Lockyer - Not a Brisbane junior. developed by Brisbane
Webcke - ditto
Carlaw-Ditto
Tate-Ditto
Seymour - ditto
Civoceva - ditto
Devere - ditto

Barry Berrigan - Redcliffe, Bulldogs
Motu Tony - Warriors

O.K I have 9 already without thinking too hard

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Back to topic

Are the Roosters the new silvertails - to be hated by all except themselves?
Thus far 27 votes 25 say yes 2 say no.
On this part my perception was correct, League fans NOW are starting to hate the Roosters, much to my Bro-in-law disgust.
It was a comment from him that started this thread - 'Frig me everyone will hate us like they did Manly' - regretably I will have to inform him is was correct.

Roosterphin said:
Everlovin' Antichrist said:

Cmon EA thats being a bit harsh isnt it. Giving kids an opportunity at 16 to have a scholarship for a club is hardly bad is it.

Also is it also fair to compare the Eastern Suburs territory with Penrith, Wests etc - I wouldnt think so.

Well, I can't see why Easts should be able to have their cake and eat it too, whilst eating someone else's cake.

The point was that there's far too much claiming of Juniors as Easts juniors when that's patently untrue. It happens with other clubs but not to the same extent.

I understand what Easts have to do due to the poor League demographics of the Eastern Suburbs, but I don't condone.

Easts live in an affluent area and pinch juniors from less affluent areas then claim those juniors as their own. The club does it so well that even their supporters don't know the truth.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Front-Rower said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Mr Angry said:
Kaz said:
Damn

I still want my team the Broncos to have the Silvertail image. :lol:

As we love you to HATE us. :D
Mate you guys have never had the 'silvertail' image. Silvertails BUY players because they cannot produce them - not something the Broncos could be accused of, they produce quailty players.
But I hate yet respect the broncs. ;-)

You say you respect Brisbane because they produce a lot of players. How many of them are from Brisbane? If they come from Ipswich or the Gold Coast or Toowoomba etc then they aren't juniors are they. I'm pretty sure that the majority of Brisbane's so called juniors are from areas other than Brisbane. Can one of our Brisbane supporters list the players and where they are from?

You are a goose, there is NO other team in the brisbane basin, and North Queensland is too far north from the Gold Coast, so these juniors are contolled by the broncos.

So Brisbane can call any player from QLD a local junior. lol. Listen chump, go back to serenading your sister. :lol:

Now you definately are a goose, and get your facts right mate, I don't have a sister.

Ohh and too go on just a bit more, tell me how many teams in Brisbane are there, in that I mean from the gold coast to right up townsville where North Queesnland kicks in, so yeah I reckon they have the right to DEVELOP players in that part of the world cause there is NO OTHER 1st GRADE NRL team there and if your greedy club gets it way that certainly will be the case for the next 10 years when league dies.

Macca

Coach
melon.... said:
Mr Angry said:
For those old enough to remember the day when there were 2 teams you followed - Your team you follow and the team playing Manly, do you think the Roosters have taken the mantle of most hated team?
WHo really cares!!! Hopefully YES!!! I love it that we get under your type's skin!!! Hate us Hate Us!!! We love to be hated!!!

Epod....

You want to be hated. More insanity.

melon....

Coach
Mr Angry said:
Back to topic

Are the Roosters the new silvertails - to be hated by all except themselves?
Thus far 27 votes 25 say yes 2 say no.
On this part my perception was correct, League fans NOW are starting to hate the Roosters, much to my Bro-in-law disgust.
It was a comment from him that started this thread - 'Frig me everyone will hate us like they did Manly' - regretably I will have to inform him is was correct.
Regretfully you also have to inform him to grow a spine!!! Tell him WHO CARES ABOUT WHO HATES THE ROOSTERS!!!

Front-Rower said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Front-Rower said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Mr Angry said:
Kaz said:
Damn

Mate you guys have never had the 'silvertail' image. Silvertails BUY players because they cannot produce them - not something the Broncos could be accused of, they produce quailty players.

You say you respect Brisbane because they produce a lot of players. How many of them are from Brisbane? If they come from Ipswich or the Gold Coast or Toowoomba etc then they aren't juniors are they. I'm pretty sure that the majority of Brisbane's so called juniors are from areas other than Brisbane. Can one of our Brisbane supporters list the players and where they are from?

You are a goose, there is NO other team in the brisbane basin, and North Queensland is too far north from the Gold Coast, so these juniors are contolled by the broncos.

So Brisbane can call any player from QLD a local junior. lol. Listen chump, go back to serenading your sister. :lol:

Now you definately are a goose, and get your facts right mate, I don't have a sister.

Ohh and too go on just a bit more, tell me how many teams in Brisbane are there, in that I mean from the gold coast to right up townsville where North Queesnland kicks in, so yeah I reckon they have the right to DEVELOP players in that part of the world cause there is NO OTHER 1st GRADE NRL team there and if your greedy club gets it way that certainly will be the case for the next 10 years when league dies.

You're an idiot but you're very funny! :lol: Oh and say hi to your sister for me. :lol:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
melon.... said:
Regretfully you also have to inform him to grow a spine!!! Tell him WHO CARES ABOUT WHO HATES THE ROOSTERS!!!
People who have mates - such as him - his fear is NOW he will be the butt of all their jokes instead of his wife the Manly supporter. I can see his point.

Now I can see being the butt of many jokes does not bother you, but it does most people with more than a single brain cell.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Front-Rower said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Front-Rower said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Mr Angry said:
Kaz said:
Damn

You're an idiot but you're very funny! :lol: Oh and say hi to your sister for me. :lol:

Me an idiot, you don't have one skerrick of support for your weak as p**s argument apart from your fellow roosters supporters.

The nrl should just give you guys the boot for brining the game into disrapute. At least then we could eliminate the bye and not have to listen to a bunch of whingers who struggle to get 10,000 people to their home games. And for an ELITE club as you like to call them, thats pathetic.

Say what you like, but Rugby League is nothing to what is in past decades and if the roosters get their way Rugby League will be no more, just like the international side of the game GONE!

Roosterphin

Juniors
Front-Rower said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Front-Rower said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Front-Rower said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Mr Angry said:
Kaz said:
Damn

Me an idiot, you don't have one skerrick of support for your weak as p**s argument apart from your fellow roosters supporters.

The nrl should just give you guys the boot for brining the game into disrapute. At least then we could eliminate the bye and not have to listen to a bunch of whingers who struggle to get 10,000 people to their home games. And for an ELITE club as you like to call them, thats pathetic.

Say what you like, but Rugby League is nothing to what is in past decades and if the roosters get their way Rugby League will be no more, just like the international side of the game GONE!

Front Rower if only you knew thjat most of the junior clubs and Qld cup sides hate the Broncos for the fact that they care about noone but themselves. Develop players......please!

ManlySeaEagle

Juniors
Roosterphin said:
blaine train said:
Todd Byrne
Ryan Cross
Anthony Minichiello
Mark Minichiello
Shannon Hegarty
Luke Ricketson
Michael Crocker
Peter Cusack
Chris Flannery
Lelea Paea
Stuart Webb
Ian Henderson
Steve Skinnon
Henari Veratau
Andrew Lomu
Tevita Metuisela
Todd Ollivier
Lopini Paea
Fred Peterson
Ben Wellington
Shane Rigon

your definition of a junior is wrong. most of these players were developed by other clubs and bought by the roosters at a young age. how many of these players were actual roosters juniors developed by roosters at a young age?

Most of them blane train

The above mentioned players, i have heard of a handfull and they are 1st graders and most of them more than likely didnt play for a roosters jrlfc (cpl of qlders there)..... but who are the rest. "Fred Peterson, Ben Wellington, Lopini Paea etc".

No, the Roosters arent the new silvertails. They dont have that hatred feel to them YET. That takes some time to generate.

GO MANLY :lol:

Evilgrowler

First Grade
Roosterphin said:
Front-Rower said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Front-Rower said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Front-Rower said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Mr Angry said:
Kaz said:
Damn

Front Rower if only you knew thjat most of the junior clubs and Qld cup sides hate the Broncos for the fact that they care about noone but themselves. Develop players......please!

I think you're being extremely selective here. What about the Steve Renouf Shield? An under 13's schoolboys competition. Over 100 schools are selected to compete. It's jointly sponsored by the Broncos Old Boys and the QLD government and staged by the Broncos. Are these kids considered junior players?

The competition is organised by the Broncos Development team. Mountain Creek with over 2000 students had rugby union as their #1 sport until the Broncos intitiated this competition. It has lifted the profile of schoolboy rugby league on the sunshine coast with tremendous support from the media. None of this would have been possible without the Broncos.

Latest posts