What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Roosters... The Next NRL Super Club?

adamkungl

Immortal
I've got an idea. Lets have two comps. One comprised of teams exempt from the salary cap and the other of teams subject to the cap. The Roosters and Broncos can play their Grand Final in March and go fishing all winter. The remaining 14 could add a Perth team and a second Brisbane team. Voila, every problem solved in four lines.

It's funny that you think another big city team with 2mil people and all the sponsorships that come with it would be playing in the 2nd tier comp with Penrith and Wests rather than the elite comp with Roosters, Souths, Brisbane, Storm, Warriors.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
Yep. Remember when Newcastle were salary cap hamstrung back when $500,000 a season was considered big money and they were purportedly paying that amount to Akila Uate? That is why they were hamstrung. You have to work out a budget and roughly how much money you are going to chuck at each position.

Remember when Nathan Tinkler took over and Newcastle fans bragged that he (and Wayne Bennett) were going to make Newcastle dominate the competition for years to come...? :)

*they would all deny this in hindsight...

TheFrog

Coach
It's funny that you think another big city team with 2mil people and all the sponsorships that come with it would be playing in the 2nd tier comp with Penrith and Wests rather than the elite comp with Roosters, Souths, Brisbane, Storm, Warriors.
You completely miss the point. The point is that your rich clubs rely on the clubs that just scrape by in order to have opposition to defeat.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
I've got an idea. Lets have two comps. One comprised of teams exempt from the salary cap and the other of teams subject to the cap. The Roosters and Broncos can play their Grand Final in March and go fishing all winter. The remaining 14 could add a Perth team and a second Brisbane team. Voila, every problem solved in four lines.

Let's have a cheats competition between Melbourne and Cronulla. They can both play grubby, wrestle, sign a pack of w*nkers, give out dodgy third party deals and feed up on peptides. They can also keep all their dodgy trophies if it makes them feel more secure.

Pedge1971

First Grade
To be a super club you need fans ffs.

This thread has crawled to 3 pages of mostly because of a few roosters trolls (70% of the membership, 90% of home crowds). It lost steam cause most people cannot give a f**k about the roosters or their dumb ass super club shit argument. Even as premiers they lack the relevance they gag for.

But do thank me for resurrecting the debate rosters fans...

adamkungl

Immortal

This thread has crawled to 3 pages of mostly because of a few roosters trolls (70% of the membership, 90% of home crowds). It lost steam cause most people cannot give a f**k about the roosters or their dumb ass super club shit argument. Even as premiers they lack the relevance they gag for.

Now now
There were a good 30 odd posts before the first Roosters fan commented.
Seems people give a lot of f**ks tbh.

And there is no debate, we're already the most successful club of the modern era.

Valheru

Coach

lol only 12 of 59 posts in here are by roosters fans and the thread was started by a cowboys fan.

You guys just can't stop talking about us.

moffla

Bench
Haven't we been down this road before? The previous premiers are never as totally dominant as everyone predicts them to be.
That’s true, but apart from Rabbitohs and maybe Broncos if they get their shit together, no other squad really fills me with excitement. Not for 2019 anyway

Pedge1971

First Grade
lol only 12 of 59 posts in here are by roosters fans and the thread was started by a cowboys fan.

You guys just can't stop talking about us.

But I did get u to count the number of posts and % wise 12 of 19 is >20% to 1 of 16 teams which supports my argunent....