What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rowing Poll

Sally Robbins.....

• "...gave 100% commitment in that boat and it's not for other team member to question her committment" (John Coates)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "...is a serial offender for complete mental weakness and not 'physical exaustion'" (Rachael Taylor)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Colonel

Immortal
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
I believe she gave 100%, but I don't think she was up to it. The fault lies with the people who put her in the boat.

Me too. If it has happened in the past as has been documented than she should never have been in the boat.....

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
me three

she should not have been there in teh first place

they should throw the officials into the water

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Agreed with the above, if she wasn't up to it the officials shouldn't have selected her. Give her team-mates a good slapping for publicly criticising her as well, this sort of stuff should be dealt with in-house.

The Colonel

Immortal
SpaceMonkey said:
Agreed with the above, if she wasn't up to it the officials shouldn't have selected her. Give her team-mates a good slapping for publicly criticising her as well, this sort of stuff should be dealt with in-house.

It sounds like it was dealt with "in-house" last time it happened. I don't condone what they did but obviously something has fallen upon deaf ears if she is still racing.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Colonel Eel said:
SpaceMonkey said:

It sounds like it was dealt with "in-house" last time it happened. I don't condone what they did but obviously something has fallen upon deaf ears if she is still racing.
Still no excuse for what her team-mates did, if she was re-selected when she shouldn't have been they should be directing their anger at the selectors, not her.

Matt23

Staff member
If she was'nt up to it, why was she selected? It was a selection stuff up, the people that put her there should be held accountable

Mighty Tiger

Bench
The poll is really conflicting to be honest because both questions arn't saying she didn't give 100% one says she did but the other said her mental fitness wasn't up to that standard , and not saying she didn't give 100%

Either way its clear she shouldn't have been there in the 1st place so the blame should be directed towards the coach and not the rower in question!

PB

Bench
She got out and walked away from the boat and didnt seem to have any signs of some one who had completly exhausted themself in vision of her after the race.

But that being said, if she has been "soft" in the past, then you have to ask why she was picked again?!

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Thats why I think all the balme should be aimed at the coach as he selects the team that will be rowing - I use to work with a bloke I don't know if he made the Aussie team but I know he was trying out for it and he said you can try you guts out but at the end of the day even if you where the best its up to the coach to select you and 9/10 in the womans classes they went with the ones they where able to sleep with - so maybe this could be a case of this ????

Razor

Coach
But that being said, if she has been "soft" in the past, then you have to ask why she was picked again?!

She promised the coach and her teammates that she was over that and wouldn't do the same thing again. She lied.

PanthersChik

Juniors
For the sporting fanatics that we are, I didnt think that fellow team mates could stoop to the level of saying that about Sally Robbins. I thought it was utterly disgraceful, for them to even judge this poor girl. I feel that she did give 100% and that other people SHOULD NOT judge her committment. She could not have been feeling the best, and anything could have happened. Would the same be said about the rest of the rowing team, if something had happened to THEM????

The Moose

Juniors
If she wasn't feeling the best then shouldn't she have told the coaching staff and they wouldv'e arranged a replacement rower? pretty simple really. her teammates have every right to be fuming, the dreams of 7 rowers dashed because someone 'wasn't feeling well' yet decided to race anyway!!!!

ozbash

Referee
I didnt think that fellow team mates could stoop to the level of saying that about Sally Robbins

her team mates would know what happened more than anyone else.

she should be ashamed of herself.

choc_soldier

Coach
Being a sports mad nation, it's incidents like this that expose the ugly side of Australia, and it pisses me off to no end.

Certain sections of the media have been nothing short of disgraceful since Sunday. Some of her fellow rowers should have known better with their comments. And that former rower who wrote that letter almost seemed holier than thou with that "told you it would happen" attitude was just not on.

It's always easy being a critic.

I really feel for the girl, she must be in such a perilous state at the moment, and feel like she has let so many people down. She probably fears setting foot in this country in the near future, so much is the backlash.

Interestingly, I read in the paper today that she is the one who is the engine room, being the hardest working rower, and if the other 7 had worked as hard as her, maybe they would never have been in that situation.

Not sure if I 100% believe that, but it's very easy to find scapegoats in situations like this.

Sally Robbins must not be the sacrificial lamb. She tried her best. Sure her body shut down at a very inopportune time, but it happened, so get over it.

If it is something that had happened before, the responsibility solely lies with the selectors.

Well done to John Coates as well for the way he's handled it. Good stuff! :clap:

Latest posts