What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Royal or Allawah Hotel????

Royal or Allawah Hotel??

• Royal Hotel, Carlton

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Allawah Hotel

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

The Major

Bench
Before the game, which one??? I thought all was on for the Royal. Now good ol Nugget is teeing something up decent at the Allawah Hotel. Look, i'm keen for the Allawah if EVERYONE is going, but to be honest, i cant be stuffed lugging big flags etc in shuttle busses, etc, and the distance is average. The Royal is a where i've always gone from pre drinks. Its my fave as its nice and close to the ground, everyone can bundle off the train and be into a schooner in seconds. Its one of lifes great pleasures the walk down Jubilee Ave to the ground singing and chanting and getting the crowd pumped.

But if everyone decides the Allawah, then i'm there. I dont wanna see 50 percent Royal, 50 percent Allawah. Seeing the whole army marching as one into a game is something to behold!

Last edited:

AJ_82

Juniors
Before the game, which one. I thought all was on for the Royal. Now good ol Nugget is teeing something up. Look, i'm keen for the Allawah if EVERYONE is going, but to be honest, i cant be stuffed lugging big flags etc in shuttle busses, etc, and the distance is average. The Royal is a where i've always gone from pre drinks. Its my fave as its nice and close to the ground, everyone can bundle off the train and be into a schooner in seconds. Its one of lifes great pleasures the walk down Jubilee Ave to the ground singing and chanting and getting the crowd pumped.

But if everyone decides the Allawah, then i'm there. I dont wanna see 50 percent Royal, 50 percent Allawah. Seeing the whole army marching as one into a game is something to behold!

Agree with the sentiment if you wanna march in together, although I thought there was something going on re the Taj in between so wouldn't make any diff which one we come from. Both pubs are next to train stations so both easy to get to but I am with Ray, whichever is majority is where we go!

OurRedV

Juniors
i've heard great things of nugget's organisation at the allawah, however I too would prefer the royal. for locality reasons mainly.

The Major

Bench
Dont forget you've gotta get back to Allawah to get your car if you drive. You can normally get a pole position parking spot right out front of the royal if you get the early enough. Speaking from experience, i'd prefer the short stumble up Jubilee Ave to the car then the mission walk to the Allawah.

Dragons_#1

Bench
Ray u wouldnt be stumbling if u havnt had a drink... cant drink n drive hahaha... royal for me!! much easier!!

dragonic

Juniors
i'm not sure if i know the same nugget as you guys but it's the wah for me

then anywhere and everywhere after the game

AJ_82

Juniors
i'm not sure if i know the same nugget as you guys but it's the wah for me

then anywhere and everywhere after the game

ROFL - there is only one Nugget! Bus is heading back to the Wah after the game as well too I believe ... but seems the whole notion of walking down Jubilee as an army is going to win out lol

The Major

Bench
lol its the new jason ryles :D

Carlton is much easier, but will be packed to the rafters..

Indeed... With all of us!!

How about a pub crawl from the 'Wah to the Royal to the Taj to the ground?? :crazy::crazy: Danger Will Robinson:crazy::crazy:

But the Royal it is for me. Will get there nice and early to get us some tables.

saint-colesy

Juniors
I would of thought during this economic crisis the best place to go for a beer would be the Taj:p

Seriously though all the talk of clubs folding etc if you're going to have a few beers and a meal or bash on the pokies may as well be giving the revenue to the club.

Latest posts