What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
Welcome Loulash but it's very much a guarded welcome. I'm probably one of the most "senior"- read ancient- posters on this forum and your positive post reminded me of a 1956 film that I saw many years after its initial release. Burt Lancaster starred as a silver-tongued conman who comes to a mid-western farming community devastated by long-term drought promising that he will be able to make it rain- for a fee of course.

Please don't think that I'm accusing you of conning us but you've no doubt picked up that us posters are not devastated by drought- more by the continual failure at every level of this once great club year after year.

I'm like St Thomas- I will believe these signings (particularly NAS and Fifita) when they happen. But thank you for the positive vibe.

‘ The Rainmaker ‘ I believe R&W4evr . Actually from memory rain finally came to the county , but only after Burt had left with the townsfolks money . 🤔

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors
Monday Buzz

St Helens chief executive Mike Rush is an outstanding rugby league administrator who has built Saints into a Super League powerhouse with four straight titles.
Years ago Rush applied for the vacant chief executive role at the St George Illawarra Dragons.

He was interviewed by then Dragons chairman Brian Johnston, who ended up giving himself the job.

We hear Rush is still keen on a move from the north of England to Australia. He would be a fantastic acquisition for the NRL in a senior role or any of the 16 clubs.

St Helens are not just a great footy side on the field. They have a fantastic culture and a ‘no dickhead’ policy.

They have done school visits and coaching clinics since arriving in Sydney. It was not their responsibility but the players were keen to get out into the community.

shazam

Juniors
S
Monday Buzz

St Helens chief executive Mike Rush is an outstanding rugby league administrator who has built Saints into a Super League powerhouse with four straight titles.
Years ago Rush applied for the vacant chief executive role at the St George Illawarra Dragons.

He was interviewed by then Dragons chairman Brian Johnston, who ended up giving himself the job.

We hear Rush is still keen on a move from the north of England to Australia. He would be a fantastic acquisition for the NRL in a senior role or any of the 16 clubs.

St Helens are not just a great footy side on the field. They have a fantastic culture and a ‘no dickhead’ policy.

They have done school visits and coaching clinics since arriving in Sydney. It was not their responsibility but the players were keen to get out into the community.
Sign him up & bring the coach & some players

offiah

Juniors
There was an article the other week about Ryles being one of the contenders to replace Bellamy if he decides to pack things up. We probably just read that and now think we should get on the Rylesy train 🚂💨

Illusion

Bench
He managed one win from six when he took over from Mary after being an assistant all year. He is not the answer
I know he isn’t and don’t want him either , was just rib that Hook has lost the plot and what we need is a coach that is not behind times ....... But don't be surprised if it's all leading up to D. Young taking over ......

mightydragon

Juniors
I know he isn’t and don’t want him either , was just rib that Hook has lost the plot and what we need is a coach that is not behind times ....... But don't be surprised if it's all leading up to D. Young taking over ......
Hook can't get the players up. Nothing surprises me with the Dragons. Dean is a great club man so the passion would be there. Does he have the ability though? Only time will tell

justadragon

Bench
Hook can't get the players up. Nothing surprises me with the Dragons. Dean is a great club man so the passion would be there. Does he have the ability though? Only time will tell
Hasler is still out there !!!!

Old Timer

Coach
‘ The Rainmaker ‘ I believe R&W4evr . Actually from memory rain finally came to the county , but only after Burt had left with the townsfolks money . 🤔
Burt Lancaster in Elmer Gantry reminds me of the start of every St GI footy season.

Starts off with a promise of great things to come and good times ahead only for the whole lot to turn to shit and burn down around our ears and meanwhile Burt deceives everyone and carries on in his wicked ways.

possm

Coach
I still think the seat is being warmed up for Deano ...... At least he will have passion for the club ....... I must be desperate for another coach for me to be even thinking of this ......
Dean Young is more likely to be another Mary / Price. Give us Hasler, he knows how to shape a team and get the best out of the players.

redv13

Bench
Dean Young is more likely to be another Mary / Price. Give us Hasler, he knows how to shape a team and get the best out of the players.
Possm, he also knows how to destroy a salary cap. The dogs were screwed for 5 years after he left. Hook has only just settled our cap and moving forward we should have some $$$ to get out there.

Personally I’d prefer Madge but I know most on here wouldn’t agree. He’s a hard ass and is passionate and before people shit can him for the Tigers debacle, he really didn’t have much going for him and he was always going to struggle with that basket case