What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

dungay dragon

Juniors
I’m hearing one of the youngers called one of the elders out on their attitude during the game which ended in a back and forth argument. I get a feeling (I’m not sure) but one of the younger forwards called woodsy out. It’d make complete sense and also makes sense as to why there weren’t any punches thrown we know woodsy can’t run a proper line let alone throw hands.
im sure that some of our regular posters close to the Club will be on here shortly with the full details , before the Smellagraph get a hold of it.
Not a good look..again
Clubs looking like a real basket case

Last edited:

possm

Coach
How do you get a footy team playing finals if they aren’t all on the same page? Have they lost confidence this early? Or am I reading in to it too much. Can’t help it but we’ve seen stupid things like this usually screw us over in one way or another. The media doesn’t help either being a heavily targeted club already.
For on-field success:
Firstly, we need a competent General Manager for Football. Haran is not the man.
Next, we need a truly first-rate Coaching Staff.
We need at least 4 marquee players, two forwards, and two backs.
We need at least 17 first-grade players in our squad of 30.
We should back-fill our squad of 30 with 13 promising juniors.

If the above points were followed, I'd be confident of us fielding a top 4 side.

So,
1. Fullback - this is a problem for the Dragons mainly because Sloan is not quite ready and Ramsey is out for the season. If it was my decision, I'd buy a first-grade fullback for at least a season. Maybe get the St Helen's fullback for a season.

2. Wingers - Rava needs to spend some time in reserve grade as he has not come back deserving to retain his spot. Give Max Feagai a go on the wing.

3. Centres - our centers are fine, they just need to be super fit.

4. Halves - I'd like Sullivan and Bird in the halves.

5. Hooker - more than ever, I believe Hunt should be our Hooker.

6. Props - our prop rotation is weak. We need at least 2 great first-grade props.

7. Edge Forwards - Su'A is fine however, we do badly need David Fifita.

8. Lock - my preference has always been to play De Belin at lock.

qld redvee

Juniors
lets just be thankful that this incident didnt happen out in public whilst "out on the town"
Just imagine the footage that would be on news programs it would be beat up to the max !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously a player had been upset by anothers performance and thankfully he had the good sense (or just plain luck) to wait until they were behind closed doors to vent his anger ....
That is the only positive because the nrl would find a way to penalise us for putting the games image in tatters
If we ever find the names it would be quite interesting wonder who will be missing from training

twinkletoes

Juniors
What the hell are players doing drinking at 6am in the morning…. club allowed them to go out with no curfew and the incident occurs at 6am Sunday morning… might we assume they were getting ready to go to church or had they been drinking all night… what a f….king joke of a club

justadragon

Bench
Can i just say I'm a bit bemused by all this, if a youngster called out an older bloke for his attitude then so be it, its probably about time an open conversation in each others faces was held about performances. There were no punches thrown or damage to anything so I'm led to believe, so when did it become illegal for 2 adults to have a heated discussion over a WORKPLACE incident. The Dragons should encourage open and honest conversation within an enclosed environment, which they were in, yeah sure it was 6am, so what, air your frustrations, get on the same page and kick some arse on the field instead of rolling over like lame ducks and blaming everything else in life

Gareth67

First Grade
It's probably the same thing as the Wighton / Mitchell punchup before the All Stars game. The next day all is forgiven and everybody is mates again. I wonder if the media will let this incident slide as easily as they did the Wighton / Mitchell one?
Very good point One Eyed , those media leeches will hopefully do the right thing for once . What’s the point in continuing on with it , it’s not like they were are arguing in a damn toilet cubicle in the fair city of Newcastle . 🤔

Crush

Coach
What the hell are players doing drinking at 6am in the morning…. club allowed them to go out with no curfew and the incident occurs at 6am Sunday morning… might we assume they were getting ready to go to church or had they been drinking all night… what a f….king joke of a club
I’m kinda with you here.
OK, it’s still a few weeks from their first game, let them have a few beers and blow off some steam but 6am? Really? They’re meant to be professional athletes. Game finished at what time? 630pm? I’d be giving them a midnight curfew, nothing good is coming after midnight in Mudgee.