What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Old Timer

Coach
FMD this has become the kiss Kerr’s arse thread

Everyone bagging Hook, bemoaning his man skills, saying he didn’t do this didn’t do that with Kerr but in the next breath professing how Kerr has come good and is now hitting his peak.

Talk about having a bob each way.

If Kerr did it himself then how is it that penny finally dropped as to what he had to do and why didn’t the penny drop earlier?

or

If he didn’t do it all himself then no doubt the coaching team had something to do with it but no one in this place is ever going to admit to that.

The notion that all of a sudden he has become a must keep at all cost is simply ridiculous.

He has played some good minutes yes but has never dominated anyone or any game.

be55

Juniors
If he didn’t do it all himself then no doubt the coaching team had something to do with it but no one in this place is ever going to admit to that.
I think you're right mate.

The coach probably did have plenty to do with his improvement this year, but Hook just doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Maybe Kerr thought that, after Hook spent a year trying to turn him into an 80min edge backrower, and then left him stuck in reserve grade without any communication on what he needed to improve on, while he continually picked Woods in the seventeen ahead of him, Kerr probably thought that if he plays well enough, he could be a chance to get a contract somewhere else, leave, and never have to see our dimwitted coach ever again.

I'm sure Kerr will be forever grateful to Hook for the help he got :rolleyes:

HenryTatana

Juniors
I think you're right mate.

The coach probably did have plenty to do with his improvement this year, but Hook just doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Maybe Kerr thought that, after Hook spent a year trying to turn him into an 80min edge backrower, and then left him stuck in reserve grade without any communication on what he needed to improve on, while he continually picked Woods in the seventeen ahead of him, Kerr probably thought that if he plays well enough, he could be a chance to get a contract somewhere else, leave, and never have to see our dimwitted coach ever again.

I'm sure Kerr will be forever grateful to Hook for the help he got :rolleyes:
No doubt like any other player in a contract year they all seem to go that extra yard to improve their marketability.

offiah

Juniors
Kerr was pretty transparent about things, and about mending the relationship with Hook. Also how he didn’t hear or know what he has to do to get back into first grade. Pretty appalling and not the first time we’ve heard of a communication breakdown between our coach and a fringe NRL player. Not understanding how people think it’s always the players fault and not the coach when it seems to be a story that keeps getting repeated with Hook.

imo all reserve graders should know what they need to be working on and what it will take to get into first grade, particularly the fringe players.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I think there is too much transparency; there always two sides to a story and you only get one and then its passed over to the critics (assassins)! Personally don’t understand why Saints give so much leeway to players as spokespeople. Some of these stories seem to contain alot of reflective comments about how they “the player” realise they had to adapt and snap out of their mental state etc etc.. Been going on for over a century nothings changed. I personally think these stories are light weight.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Geese even in junior rep sports the assistant coaches are very clear on areas of improvement for each player

When a FG player sits down with the assistant coach to watch their areas of improvement and expected week to week performance...it would seem incredible that they are not clear on areas to work on??

Lastly if we supporters were fairly clear on what Kerr needed to delete from his game and also what he needed to add to his game.......how was a 26yr old in a top30 squad not clear?

Maybe what was not clear was how other mistake riddled players like Bird were retaining FG spots while making a similar amount of mistakes???

Last edited:

Yow

Juniors
Geese even in junior rep sports the assistant coaches are very clear on areas of improvement for each player

When a FG player sits down with the assistant coach to watch their areas of improvement and expected week to week performance...it would seem incredible that they are not clear on areas to work on??

Lastly if we supporters were fairly clear on what Kerr needed to delete from his game and also what he needed to add to his game.......how was a 26yr old in a top30 squad not clear?

Maybe what was not clear was how other mistake riddled players like Bird were retaining FG spots while making a similar amount of mistakes???
Jack does have a mistake in him and a few penalties but he is playing a lot more minutes and if a few others played with his passion we would have a few more wins.

Old Timer

Coach
I think there is too much transparency; there always two sides to a story and you only get one and then its passed over to the critics (assassins)! Personally don’t understand why Saints give so much leeway to players as spokespeople. Some of these stories seem to contain alot of reflective comments about how they “the player” realise they had to adapt and snap out of their mental state etc etc.. Been going on for over a century nothings changed. I personally think these stories are light weight.
Great post.

And in this place posters wax and wain as to which player they choose to listen to via the media and which player they wish to bag out for talking to the media.

The bagging Mike Cooper got for having a go at the club management was merciless and he was seen as a traitor but Kerr, Burgess and a few others are seen as beacons of honesty.

It is so easy to for players say the coach didn't tell me anything when most coaches will never engage with that type of conversation via the media.

No one knows for sure what goes on or is said in the shed or on the training paddock but if it means we can assassinate a coach and keep waxing lyrical about how good our roster is then by all means believe the player.

since77

Juniors
Jack does have a mistake in him and a few penalties but he is playing a lot more minutes and if a few others played with his passion we would have a few more wins.
I can see your point with Jack and used to think similarly. Love his passion and competitiveness but geez he can come up with a brain snap. Usually in close games that we lose……
He’s quite an enigma!

denis preston

First Grade
Great post.

And in this place posters wax and wain as to which player they choose to listen to via the media and which player they wish to bag out for talking to the media.

The bagging Mike Cooper got for having a go at the club management was merciless and he was seen as a traitor but Kerr, Burgess and a few others are seen as beacons of honesty.

It is so easy to for players say the coach didn't tell me anything when most coaches will never engage with that type of conversation via the media.

No one knows for sure what goes on or is said in the shed or on the training paddock but if it means we can assassinate a coach and keep waxing lyrical about how good our roster is then by all means believe the player.
I don’t recall Mike Cooper copping a bagging on here when he left , in fact most on here congratulated him on telling it like it was.

redVinme

Bench
Someone on Facebook claiming Nathan Brown as recruitment manager, announced in 2 weeks. Club to find another job for Millward ( not believed to be coach )

If this is true which it's very much a rumour right now I'd be stoked.

But one step forward and one back. Why does Millward need another role/chance here he's done nothing for donkeys. You gotta move these leeches on and get ruthless. Doing nothing can't be good enough anymore.

Latest posts