What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade

Thats the Australian article from above
Yes and not so secret meeting was post the members forum where someone indicated the Chairman said Richo was unlikely. Yeh right.
If their is one small bit of brain left between the old BOD clinger ons then Richo should be paid handsomely and an offer forthcoming too good to be refused.
No point getting on your hands and knees begging and giving into a rookie coach's demands instead, do that for Des and also focus on the right front office heirachy first and foremost.

BLM01

First Grade
Good question, but I assume that if he wanted that role he would step down from being a board member and take over as GM
Creagh is too busy working in his GIO office and financial advising business closeby to be a GM
Stop looking inhouse to old boys.
Bennett and his hand selected staff was external and our most recent success
The blue print is there what are they waiting for

BLM01

First Grade
To be fair it would be pretty awkward for him to confirm those rumours with Ben Haran sitting up there next to him. If Shane Richardson did come to the club wouldn’t that mean Haran loses his GM job?
I frick..n hope so. He is the main one that has failed the club and leading in all facets of football operations and I mean ALL. This includes having control and hand in media, recruitment and the list goes on. If the players respected him then BBQ gate would not of happened. It was not all about Griffo
Lets look no furthur how we have gone downhill in many areas since this job was created for him 3-4 years ago

Dragonslayer

First Grade
If we're going to throw some ideas around how about:

Ryles - HC
Brown - Recruitment and retention
Richo - GM
Haran - CEO (football operations)
Webb - COO (business operations)

If Richo needs autonomy, then that's the ticket imo. Haran's recent extension worries me no end. But give him a suit, a car and a phone and let him organise and oversea the new academy and so forth.
Webb is a corporate man not to au fait with Rugby League and the idiosyncrasies involved, although he has done some pretty good things which have kept a few players within our ranks.

Having a team of R B R (Ryles Brown Richo) would take us places we haven't been in a long time, and I mean a long time.

Anyway just a thought.

Parko1310

Juniors
Basically Richardson is saying Lancaster didn't like that he was telling it how it is and what it would take to turn things around. Therefore this won't be happening, because Richardson would have presented ideas that were threats to the board. These self serving twats strike again. Someone that would be great for supporting Ryles won't be there so that the board isn't threatened. Typical.. instead let's have a GM of football who doesn't know football and hope it magically works. This situation is akin to Gould's review when the board didn't want a bar of the suggestions made because they threatened them, the board. f**k off you incompetent pricks, sign the bloke up and get out of the way

TheRev

Coach
It's all self-interest at the end of the day.. none of us would want to admit that we are shit at our jobs.. and we should sack ourselves and hire someone smarter.. and there is always someone smarter..

But that's what there is a board in place.. im not quite sure why Haran and before him Millward seem to get a free pass for many years beyond when its obvious they aren't fit for service. Those would be the sackings that im sure Richardson would be alluding too, plus he might have in mind people to appoint in various positions..

Although I do question how well Richardson could possibly know our club to be making such suggestions.. and given it was a '1 hour meeting'.. he might be speaking 'generically' about what he believes works.

possm

Coach
If we want to progress up the ladder, we must say goodbye to Hunt.

Haran also must be shown the door and if we are serious, so should Ryan Webb our CEO.

The only way to get rid of the BOD is to find a buyer who offers them an out with a deal too good to refuse.

BLM01

First Grade
If we're going to throw some ideas around how about:

Ryles - HC
Brown - Recruitment and retention
Richo - GM
Haran - CEO (football operations)
Webb - COO (business operations)

If Richo needs autonomy, then that's the ticket imo. Haran's recent extension worries me no end. But give him a suit, a car and a phone and let him organise and oversea the new academy and so forth.
Webb is a corporate man not to au fait with Rugby League and the idiosyncrasies involved, although he has done some pretty good things which have kept a few players within our ranks.

Having a team of R B R (Ryles Brown Richo) would take us places we haven't been in a long time, and I mean a long time.

Anyway just a thought.
Ban Haran, he is not a CEO COO or a leader in any capacity.

dannyt

Coach
It's all self-interest at the end of the day.. none of us would want to admit that we are shit at our jobs.. and we should sack ourselves and hire someone smarter.. and there is always someone smarter..

But that's what there is a board in place.. im not quite sure why Haran and before him Millward seem to get a free pass for many years beyond when its obvious they aren't fit for service. Those would be the sackings that im sure Richardson would be alluding too, plus he might have in mind people to appoint in various positions..

Although I do question how well Richardson could possibly know our club to be making such suggestions.. and given it was a '1 hour meeting'.. he might be speaking 'generically' about what he believes works.
Maybe Richo lurks on these pages, or even JA?

Dragon David

First Grade
No point getting a rookie coach if we don't have a new back room with football nous and well connected to adequately support him...and that doesn't mean continuing to shelter the incompetent
10000000000000000000........000000000000% twinkletoes. There is no doubting that Ciraldo will be a great coach and his team will turn around and be more successful in the years ahead mainly because he has Gus behind him. The Dogs have plenty of confidence in him as a coach by signing him to a 5 year deal and they are providing strong support for him.

If we sign Ryles or Hornby they both possess huge potential to being a head coach and as they will be rookies, they will need a Gould or Richo guy in the club to help and back them. Someone who can see talent also is needed to scout out for new outside recruits as well as our juniors.

The other thing is that the Board will need to give a lot of the controls to the GM and Head Coach and everyone involved have clear communications to all and sundry.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Ban Haran, he is not a CEO COO or a leader in any capacity.
I agree & he might be a nice bloke, but he’s a lightweight in NRL club land. Unfortunately, he’s part of the problem & not the solution.
Dragons need a GM of Football with credibility, leadership and a reputation. I personally don’t want to see Flanagan anywhere near our joint. He’s had 2 chances & that’s it.
The Bulldogs have Gus & what a difference he’s made to that struggling club.
I can’t see us landing Richo & he’s already been to 3 NRL clubs plus 1 ESL, so he’s a mover.
I would love to see the club offer Mark Coyne the role as GM of Football. Smart man and would nail dealing with Media, Players, Managers and Coaches.
He was formerly the Team Manager for QLD Origin, an ARL Commissioner and reached the levels of CEO and Board member in the business world.
Apparently, he knocked back the CEO role a few years ago, but maybe worth a shot.
Pair him with Brownie whom should be Recruitment & Pathways Manager.
Haran & Millward should be moved sideways…….

denis preston

First Grade
Basically Richardson is saying Lancaster didn't like that he was telling it how it is and what it would take to turn things around. Therefore this won't be happening, because Richardson would have presented ideas that were threats to the board. These self serving twats strike again. Someone that would be great for supporting Ryles won't be there so that the board isn't threatened. Typical.. instead let's have a GM of football who doesn't know football and hope it magically works. This situation is akin to Gould's review when the board didn't want a bar of the suggestions made because they threatened them, the board. f**k off you incompetent pricks, sign the bloke up and get out of the way
I don’t agree. We heard rumors that Lancaster was being very proactive internally to change things. He is now the first board member to attend the RedV forum ( he didn’t have to ) and has shown his face to the media on the Hook debarcle . He has had informal talks with Richardson and some here interpret this in a negative way. Lancaster is hearing from him and now apparently Ryles that not just the coach has to change. Glass half full here fellas as we and the media really don’t know what is really going on.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I am liking this Lancaster bloke as he seems to be very proactive in trying to fix everything wrong with the joint. Reaching out to Richardson is a huge step to making a massive statement that he is serious about making Saints a great club again. Even if Richo does not join, at least he tried. He was the one who fronted the fans. He sacked Hook. Man this guy will be taking the bins out at night as he seems to be doing everything.

Harry Bath

Juniors
I am liking this Lancaster bloke as he seems to be very proactive in trying to fix everything wrong with the joint. Reaching out to Richardson is a huge step to making a massive statement that he is serious about making Saints a great club again. Even if Richo does not join, at least he tried. He was the one who fronted the fans. He sacked Hook. Man this guy will be taking the bins out at night as he seems to be doing everything.
Doust is still there lerking in the muck like a cockroach

Parko1310

Juniors
I don’t agree. We heard rumors that Lancaster was being very proactive internally to change things. He is now the first board member to attend the RedV forum ( he didn’t have to ) and has shown his face to the media on the Hook debarcle . He has had informal talks with Richardson and some here interpret this in a negative way. Lancaster is hearing from him and now apparently Ryles that not just the coach has to change. Glass half full here fellas as we and the media really don’t know what is really going on.
He’s been proactive until someone comes in and questions the board. Then it’s refusal to listen and a complete shut down of any suggestions someone might have. Seen in this Richardson case.

Latest posts