What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TheRev

Coach
Yar I reckon if we had Flanagan onboard fulltime now, we would make a couple more deals happen.. but by the time he's here and with the deals triggered by Hunt.. he's going to have to rely on a lot of carefully selected scraps to start moving up the ladder rungs.

Dragons4me

Juniors
FMD. It seems the "will we, should we" rumour to get rid of either Bud, Junior Amone and/or Sloan topic raises its ugly head every few weeks. Throw in a "Buzz" rumour (not a fan at all) to add fuel to the fire and it's enough to make a bloke take up drinking. There would be no benefit to willingly let either of the three go. Our so-called "Junior Pathways" program (or whatever we call it) surely wouldn't end once a player plays his first game in the top grade. I just don't get it. If Flanno manages to beef up our pack (and don't forget the two ex-Manly players recently purchased), I have every confidence that they are worth hanging on to and continue their development. Fu.K the cheating mangy Dogs. Fu.K Gould. Wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. Changes his stance on most topics to suit his agenda.
Rant over. Now where did I put that nasty old red?

Nanadragon

Juniors
How does the dogs sign Bud when he is under contract. Last night buzz said he is signed tonight Gus trying to sign him. I thought there was some law that they can’t talk to contracted players unless given permission
Choc, I have just sent an email to the NRL asking for their views on this and the Hunt fiasco. Also the story I read about Laundy offering Tino shares in a hotel to lure him to the Dogs plus a million per season.
I thought third party deals could not be organised by the club.

Dragon David

First Grade
Choc, I have just sent an email to the NRL asking for their views on this and the Hunt fiasco. Also the story I read about Laundy offering Tino shares in a hotel to lure him to the Dogs plus a million per season.
I thought third party deals could not be organised by the club.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Flanno is one of Buzz's best mates.. he wouldn't be destabilising him just to be a merkin.. there is something in this one, but I cant find an angle that makes sense for 'any' of the parties.
What about Buzz's article 7 days earlier about Lomax? As if that wasn't a ploy to destabilise the club. Buzz is an idiot who is way past his time as a journo. Time to retire.

dungay dragon

Juniors
What about Buzz's article 7 days earlier about Lomax? As if that wasn't a ploy to destabilise the club. Buzz is an idiot who is way past his time as a journo. Time to retire.
Had the desired effect Slippery
Lomax had arguably his best game of the season
Buzz n Flanno are the best of mates
Thinking you may see more of this throughout the Season and definitely next , to fire a player up or two..

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
Had the desired effect Slippery
Lomax had arguably his best game of the season
Buzz n Flanno are the best of mates
Thinking you may see more of this throughout the Season and definitely next , to fire a player or two up..
I doubt it very much that a Buzz piece would fire up anyone other than the panelists on NRL 360 which is all theatre anyway.

I credit Lomax's better form last week to the fact that he got some decent ball off the halves.

Old Timer

Coach
And a bit if a nudge from our new coach
I doubt that too.

Our halves have been shit for a long time and delivered precious little decent let alone early ball to either our centres or our edge forwards thus we sit where we sit on the ladder.

Hook gone, Hunt out, fresh approach and Amone has his best attacking game in over 12 months and guess what our right side looked highly effective and Lomax excels.

All to easy for people to say the media article had some positive effect and far too difficult for some to admit how poor our halves have been and how exceedingly bad Hunt is at coordinating "team" play.

Hunt is a very stifling influence on our attack.

dungay dragon

Juniors
I doubt that too.

Our halves have been shit for a long time and delivered precious little decent let alone early ball to either our centres or our edge forwards thus we sit where we sit on the ladder.

Hook gone, Hunt out, fresh approach and Amone has his best attacking game in over 12 months and guess what our right side looked highly effective and Lomax excels.

All to easy for people to say the media article had some positive effect and far too difficult for some to admit how poor our halves have been and how exceedingly bad Hunt is at coordinating "team" play.

Hunt is a very stifling influence on our attack.
Am assuming everyone has been put on notice
That's why we are big hopes against the Tiges and Manly , both at home, following the Bye
Pressure for positions and to save your skin , is wonderful motivation to succeed and survive

Latest posts