What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Mojo

Bench
Heard this was on the cards. If Lomax goes to fullback who is going to set up all Ravas tries. Seriously Rava is convicted with doing the same as Matt Feagai, leaving his wing exposed, not as habitually as his wing mate.
PLEASE DONT DONT EXTEND FEAGAI.
True. But it's been so consistent on both sides of the field for so long I can only imagine that they are coached to do it. I think there's some other element of the defensive pattern that is probably coached but is never present.
Watching the NSW defense last night - a completely different pattern - almost 'swarming' out to the edges. I think it's probably a team fitness issue with StGI - the inside defence is so easily burnt and there's no cover defence. We're just too slow and soft. The result is that the edges are constantly, easily exposed and it becomes progressively worse as the game goes on. We're also glaringly, maddeningly hideous at piss-weak jersey-grabbing - and even when we do make contact, we don't have the strength to hang on - all symptomatic of being relatively unfit and easily tired.

The Word

Juniors
If Saints can land Payne Haas, it will make up for years of poor recruitment. The guy is an animal. I would love to have him in the red V. What a perfect start to the Flanno era that would be.

I am sure Dogs will be finding a way to land him though unless the Roosters go for him which I already think they have in the past.
Seems like a few decent forwards are now testing the market which is good news for clubs with salary cap and roster space.

I'd be interested in what Manly are allowing Flanagan to do between now and the end of the season, as he's still contracted to their club. Obviously they've allowed him to speak to the Dragons squad. I wonder whether he's been allowed to speak with prospective signings from other clubs. If not, it could make it hard for him to convince these top players to come to our club.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Seems like a few decent forwards are now testing the market which is good news for clubs with salary cap and roster space.

I'd be interested in what Manly are allowing Flanagan to do between now and the end of the season, as he's still contracted to their club. Obviously they've allowed him to speak to the Dragons squad. I wonder whether he's been allowed to speak with prospective signings from other clubs. If not, it could make it hard for him to convince these top players to come to our club.

Yes, with the Hunt fiasco "not" talking to teams when he's under contract, they are coming out of the woodwork, it seems there are more questions than answers and not a squeak from the NRL. All I can hope for is will even out the competition.

Latest posts