What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

possm

Coach
Sorry you see it that way Thommo.
Reality is the ageing real sook is being kept at the club at the expense of young talent and that decision really pisses me off.
Such a decision is more likely to be in the hands of the players in question, who have both asked for a release. If Hunt stays it is only because he is under contract and can't find an alternative contract to his liking. If Sullivan goes it is only because another club is offering a better deal.

I'm sure the Flanno does not want disharmony and if it was his decision alone, he would rid the team of both players.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
What’s the old saying…….

“Things are rarely as bad or as good as they seem”

We live in an environment of 21st media portraying the extremes all the time with minimal narrative of a win win outcome on the horizon

Good on Hunt standing up and saying no more to mediocrity and no more to half arsed recruitment.

Good on Bud standing up and saying if u don’t need me as your main halfback is it time to go our seperate ways.

Good on Flanno for sharing just enough to the media to show he has his finger on the pulse right now.

Flanno probably only has about 30 days before the media will go after him……..big time.

You would think he has to have two good news stories every 30 days otherwise he is a tuna head ready to be eaten by the bull shark media

Last edited:

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Such a decision is more likely to be in the hands of the players in question, who have both asked for a release. If Hunt stays it is only because he is under contract and can't find an alternative contract to his liking. If Sullivan goes it is only because another club is offering a better deal.

I'm sure the Flanno does not want disharmony and if it was his decision alone, he would rid the team of both players.
I think the problem is nobody else actually wants Hunt, at that price. We are stuck with him and Sullivan wants to play first grade so will likely leave as doesn’t want to wait two more years

dungay dragon

Juniors
I think the problem is nobody else actually wants Hunt, at that price. We are stuck with him and Sullivan wants to play first grade so will likely leave as doesn’t want to wait two more years
One of the major problems i see esp in the NRL is players and managers having too much of a say
Players demanding a place in the team or else they walk is common today
In regards to Sullivan i have watched him throughout the early part of his career till now , and it has been littered with on going injury and rare first grade appearances
Was he promised a first grade spot with former coach or football manager ?
i dont know , only those close to him would
Does he deserve a regular NRL spot in place of our Captain and arguably our best player who would then have to move to 9 to accommodate Sullivan at 7 ?
On form alone NO he doesnt...Potential wise YES he does , but in thefair dinkum dept , you dont pick players on potential
I would love to see Sullivan thumb his nose at the Club , STAY , and fight his way into the First Grade side with 5 star performances they cant deny

denis preston

First Grade
One of the major problems i see esp in the NRL is players and managers having too much of a say
Players demanding a place in the team or else they walk is common today
In regards to Sullivan i have watched him throughout the early part of his career till now , and it has been littered with on going injury and rare first grade appearances
Was he promised a first grade spot with former coach or football manager ?
i dont know , only those close to him would
Does he deserve a regular NRL spot in place of our Captain and arguably our best player who would then have to move to 9 to accommodate Sullivan at 7 ?
On form alone NO he doesnt...Potential wise YES he does , but in thefair dinkum dept , you dont pick players on potential
I would love to see Sullivan thumb his nose at the Club , STAY , and fight his way into the First Grade side with 5 star performances they cant deny
Picking players on potential is the only possible reason that I can think of that Feagai & to a lesser extent Sloan are in first grade.

HenryTatana

Juniors
Over the past 2 years and the current year, Sloane has had ample opportunity to show his potential. He still can’t tackle, catch a bomb, take a hit up, direct the defence or put his body on the line. Dufty was the same. The only plus in Dufty’s game was he could set up a number of tries with his cut out passes.
Time to pick players on performance not potential. I’d piss off Sloane asap. We have a ready made replacement in Lomax. Next a winger who is tall, can catch a bomb, take a hit up and has pace. Hence no place for Sloane in our top 30 going forward.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Picking players on potential is the only possible reason that I can think of that Feagai & to a lesser extent Sloan are in first grade.
Den
Have had ulcers over Feagai for most of the season
Surely Tamale or Lobb are ready to at least give an opportunity
Sloan is another
Absolutely freakish at times , then plays with an attitude of a park footballer

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Ethan Bullemor would be a very good pickup imo. He played very well against us & is off-contract for 2024. He looks to be a Flanno type signing, like a matt prior who turned into a rep player. He's currently battling for a bench/starting spot at Manly but has been shuffled around prop & backrow. He's a big unit, mobile, defensively solid but can cover both positions while we wouldn't be paying overs for him imo.

I think it would be a signing in the same ilk as Sele but a more team friendly contract. Possibly 300/400k with incentives if he plays X games etc? It's a more realistic signing than a tino/haas/manu etc (even though I would love to get one of them).

qld redvee

Juniors
JJ,
Its like 'somebody " has had a quiet word to hunt and titans maybe warning them off and probably Des has also decided against hunt hence no one wants him so guess what sook time over and gong not that bad a place after all .
maybe people a bit against him the way he released his request and obviously it was all hinged on an immediate releas to bronx with then transferring next year to titans which didnt happen so the opportunity closed on him

qld redvee

Juniors
Apparently we are in discussions with Shaun Blore.

Would be a good addition to our squad.
he seems to have potential and is a big body . Flannos main problem is we dont have many spots available for 24 so he really needs to move musgrove j hunt bmm on to give himself a chance of improving the squad . sele has taken Kerrs spot on the roster . Its really important that we move these 3 contracted players on , and potentially bud gives 1 more spot . We also have Cody on the books and hopefully he can resume playing next year if not he could possibly be declared medically unfit .. This is where flanno must sign players that will improve the squad and be able to fight for first grade spots not like the copy and paste we have been use to

Como Connection

First Grade
he seems to have potential and is a big body . Flannos main problem is we dont have many spots available for 24 so he really needs to move musgrove j hunt bmm on to give himself a chance of improving the squad . sele has taken Kerrs spot on the roster . Its really important that we move these 3 contracted players on , and potentially bud gives 1 more spot . We also have Cody on the books and hopefully he can resume playing next year if not he could possibly be declared medically unfit .. This is where flanno must sign players that will improve the squad and be able to fight for first grade spots not like the copy and paste we have been use to
Fui another spot.
CC

TheRev

Coach
We are potentially drowning in free spots for 2024.. but.. that does assume we manage to negotiate-out guys who are still in contract.. like Musgrove, JHunt, BMM,, and then potentially guys like Turner, MaxF, MattF, JBird, kids like Muhleisen and Shereb I think are potential outers, if not now maybe during 2024 when more trade options come up..

Burns is still TBD... and Ramsey I suspect will be medically retired, but im not sure if thats pre-season.. and we already missed Taafe & Averillo, I was hoping to grab a ready made replacement for Cody.. then there is Amones court case, Sullivan wanting out and Hunt still waiting to open his mouth and confirm he's not still talking to other clubs....

Ignoring the Kerr/Sele swap...I think Tamale, RCouchman and Egan are promoted into the 30+6..... which brings it to maybe 10 players in some sort of flux... then you have guys like Stewart, Lobb and Herring.. HFinau.. but we need some quality 1st grade ready players for next season.. a lot of these promotions are great prospects.. but we really are just fast-tracking kids with an eye on 2-3 seasons away... at the very minimum we keep them from being snapped up by other clubs while they improve in nsw cup... edit: just on that note, I dont know how young is too young for a dev contract for Benny Rumble, but I do not want to lose that boy..

Last edited:

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors
We are potentially drowning in free spots for 2024.. but.. that does assume we manage to negotiate-out guys who are still in contract.. like Musgrove, JHunt, BMM,, and then potentially guys like Turner, MaxF, MattF, JBird, kids like Muhleisen and Shereb I think are potential outers, if not now maybe during 2024 when more trade options come up..

Burns is still TBD... and Ramsey I suspect will be medically retired, but im not sure if thats pre-season.. and we already missed Taafe & Averillo, I was hoping to grab a ready made replacement for Cody.. then there is Amones court case, Sullivan wanting out and Hunt still waiting to open his mouth and confirm he's not still talking to other clubs....

Ignoring the Kerr/Sele swap...I think Tamale, RCouchman and Egan are promoted into the 30+6..... which brings it to maybe 10 players in some sort of flux... then you have guys like Stewart, Lobb and Herring.. HFinau.. but we need some quality 1st grade ready players for next season.. a lot of these promotions are great prospects.. but we really are just fast-tracking kids with an eye on 2-3 seasons away... at the very minimum we keep them from being snapped up by other clubs while they improve in nsw cup... edit: just on that note, I dont know how young is too young for a dev contract for Benny Rumble, but I do not want to lose that boy..
A lot of if and buts with R Couchman Tamale Tuitavake amd Finau promoted plus Sele with have 28 spots fill. Even if we offload J Hunt Musgrove Sulivan that's give us only 5 spots
K Flanno Blore and Thompson look like being 3 of them