What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Just thinking out aloud:

Flanno said Coops wouldn't be joining his coaching staff, that would be correct given who we have in place already, however, he didn't mention about a consulting role.

In any case, as long as Doust and a few other maggots reside on our BOD, no coach will have a free reign to 'get the job done' as long as memberships remain constant and the window washers extol the virtues of our every performance.

Dragon David

First Grade
Agree like I said he has too much influence ...... Knew him personally outside of the club and at club level .....
What is it with him then? Is he a straight out control freak and if things don't go his way he jumps up and down and throws tantrums like a spoilt brat?

How can we get rid of these guys? Surely they want to be in charge and be part of a successful club and league team? I really don't understand.

Again I say that this is the opportunity now for the Dragons to get things right and go for the jugular, but no, there are still those hurdles impeding any progress by the sounds of things. If we happen to come last next year, I am definitely giving the Dragons away after following them for over 60 years.

Coach Carr knows, player Benny knows, maybe even Flanno knows, that being part of the Dragons is bloody too hard to handle.

Flanagan will feel the pressure. It will be tough. We will get frustrated over and over again.

justadragon

Bench
What is it with him then? Is he a straight out control freak and if things don't go his way he jumps up and down and throws tantrums like a spoilt brat?

How can we get rid of these guys? Surely they want to be in charge and be part of a successful club and league team? I really don't understand.

Again I say that this is the opportunity now for the Dragons to get things right and go for the jugular, but no, there are still those hurdles impeding any progress by the sounds of things. If we happen to come last next year, I am definitely giving the Dragons away after following them for over 60 years.

Coach Carr knows, player Benny knows, maybe even Flanno knows, that being part of the Dragons is bloody too hard to handle.

Flanagan will feel the pressure. It will be tough. We will get frustrated over and over again.
you are right Dave, if its not embarrassing enough with the performance of our NRL side have a look at the other grades, and guess what we are down the bottom of those ladders as well. This should be a prime time to review the whole club from top down. I'm sure we will have a review and we will hear "as a club we are not happy with our performances" we have now employed a new coach who will fix everything, including recruiting and pathways, followed closely by the players saying we are now set for a big year because its been the hardest pre-season ever !!! And whilst we are at it, our illustrious fine group of men playing the game are all on hundreds of thousands of dollars and will take sheer delight knowing that yet again their season has ended early and they will be jetsetting off to the Bahamas or some nice warm island where they can rub coconut oil into themselves and wont have a worry in the world. There are only a couple that i take my hat off to, Lawrie and probably the Couchmans, the rest have got a lot to answer for, but hey after next week the NRL will just be a dirty word !!!

Dragon David

First Grade
you are right Dave, if its not embarrassing enough with the performance of our NRL side have a look at the other grades, and guess what we are down the bottom of those ladders as well. This should be a prime time to review the whole club from top down. I'm sure we will have a review and we will hear "as a club we are not happy with our performances" we have now employed a new coach who will fix everything, including recruiting and pathways, followed closely by the players saying we are now set for a big year because its been the hardest pre-season ever !!! And whilst we are at it, our illustrious fine group of men playing the game are all on hundreds of thousands of dollars and will take sheer delight knowing that yet again their season has ended early and they will be jetsetting off to the Bahamas or some nice warm island where they can rub coconut oil into themselves and wont have a worry in the world. There are only a couple that i take my hat off to, Lawrie and probably the Couchmans, the rest have got a lot to answer for, but hey after next week the NRL will just be a dirty word !!
You are so right justa in every word. We have heard all of the same bullcrap for many years and its like a needle stuck in the same groove of an old LP going round and round and round playing the same tune with the same words over and over and over. Too bad they haven't updated to the new technology and listen to the hip hop to go with the hip drop.

justadragon

Bench
Not necessary jd. Boy if only we had a couple more like Jack, puts his body on the line every week, is an inspiration to us fans and surely his team mates. Stuff the suits in FO, he is my leader of the great Red V.
You would have to think the way Lawrie has improved that he would be in the mix as well, anything would be better than the weather man :) someone who inspires.

saint-stefano

Juniors
Not necessary jd. Boy if only we had a couple more like Jack, puts his body on the line every week, is an inspiration to us fans and surely his team mates. Stuff the suits in FO, he is my leader of the great Red V.
we do have a couple more like jd ....the couchman boys there here for the long term still young and tackleing machines i say one will be captain sooner rather than later .... maybe even next year . :)

Dragon David

First Grade
I thought Craig Young has resigned from the Board?, isn't this true?
The current Board members at the Dragons as from November 2022 are as follows:-
  • Andrew Lancaster (Chairman)
  • Craig Osborne
  • Graeme Gulloch
  • Peter Doust
  • Ralph Piggott
  • Ben Creagh
  • Genevieve Gordon
  • Board member TBC
I have not seen anything to suggest that Craig Young has returned on the Board but I notice from the Dragons website that the last dot Board member is TBC (to be confirmed). Could this be Craig Young? Does anybody else have any further details?

Parko1310

Juniors
The current Board members at the Dragons as from November 2022 are as follows:-
  • Andrew Lancaster (Chairman)
  • Craig Osborne
  • Graeme Gulloch
  • Peter Doust
  • Ralph Piggott
  • Ben Creagh
  • Genevieve Gordon
  • Board member TBC
I have not seen anything to suggest that Craig Young has returned on the Board but I notice from the Dragons website that the last dot Board member is TBC (to be confirmed). Could this be Craig Young? Does anybody else have any further details?
Young had to step down from his role as a St George Illawarra board member due to his letterhead debacle. He is still very much in the background on the St George side and has influence and pull. Especially over the likes of Doust, who heads up a spot on the St George Illawarra board. Young isn't at St George Illawarra, but he is at St George. And his filthy hands are still all over influencing factions of the St George Illawarra board itself

Harry Bath

Juniors
Young had to step down from his role as a St George Illawarra board member due to his letterhead debacle. He is still very much in the background on the St George side and has influence and pull. Especially over the likes of Doust, who heads up a spot on the St George Illawarra board. Young isn't at St George Illawarra, but he is at St George. And his filthy hands are still all over influencing factions of the St George Illawarra board itself
Oh God nothing will change with these jokers still pulling the strings

Latest posts