What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TheRev

Coach
I don't think any of the positions are locked in yet... including Chrichton (even though I know he signed originally with the intent to play fullback). Traceys injury does however simplify the equation.

Dragon David

First Grade
Out of all of the guys that there was talk of that the Dragons are/were going for I sincerely hope that they at least land one of them. If we don't I can't tell you how shitty I would be.

I have a feeling that AFB has made up his mind and there will be an announcement on him soon - just has to be as the drama of him going to either the Bulldogs, Tigers, Sharks, Dragons is too suspenseful. Manu won't come to us. Maybe Dearden will. Possibly a couple for 2025 we might be surprised with that only the likes of Flanno and Millard know about. If they do have a couple and are not giving any indication as to who they are, it is so the vultures of those other clubs don't butt their snouts in and start secretly negotiating with them. Well It's my maybes and possibles until something is announced. Christmas is only just over 3 weeks away.

RedVee_8

Juniors
Yes and I read first 2 months being Jan Feb not playing be tight for R1?
Yes, it wasn’t very clear.
I thought they meant late to start training and as a consequence will miss the first 2 months of the season. But perhaps not, the NRL physio guy makes it sound much less serious than the first thing I saw.
Nothing against Tracey, don’t want him injured but I don’t mind Gus getting dealt some bad cards…

Dragons4me

Juniors
As has been mentioned on here previously, you'd hate to be a junior fringe Dogs first grader wouldn't you! I mean, there's still, what, four months till '24 season kick-off for Gus and his unlimited budget to sign whoever he wants. Not a pleasant Christmas wondering whether you'll even make the cut, even if you have a contract. Can't be a happy little pound at the moment, no matter what spin the journo's give it.

blacksafake

First Grade
As has been mentioned on here previously, you'd hate to be a junior fringe Dogs first grader wouldn't you! I mean, there's still, what, four months till '24 season kick-off for Gus and his unlimited budget to sign whoever he wants. Not a pleasant Christmas wondering whether you'll even make the cut, even if you have a contract. Can't be a happy little pound at the moment, no matter what spin the journo's give it.
Add the unrest with some players over Cirraldo’s training methods.

Dragon David

First Grade
What was once a family club it has become somewhat of a halfway house for the players and staff is the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs. Poor old Bullfrog Moore would be re-arranging his bones where he lays with his skeletal hands formed as fists wanting to punch the daylights out of the new regime at his beloved club.

The Mortimers and Hughes brothers and their relations like Chris Anderson and Steve Folkes were Bulldogs through and through. Now there is only two in their squad originally from the Bulldogs themselves. How can the players bond with one another and genuinely say that they wear the Dogs on their sleeve. They hardly know each other and there would be several of them looking over their shoulders wondering if they will get the noose by hangman Gussy Gould.

Dragon David

First Grade
We've been linked to Luki but another one to keep an eye on is

He's on a development contract at the moment, ending in 2024. I would be happy to get him if he has another solid start to the season. He was great for the cowboys off the bench. Either him or Luki from the cowboys would be great but Luki is contracted until 2025.
Shhh. Don't say it too loud for fear that Benji and Gussy hear you.

Cows have plenty of cap issues
Surely something will fall from the "tree" soon
I agree Dungay Dragon.
But highly unlikely it will be Dearden.
They have plenty of good forwards, and by the sounds of things quite a few on the way up in their system.
Think we are like a number of clubs, very closely monitoring who will possibly be set free to accommodate the resigning of Dearden.

The Word

Juniors
From my cousin who works as a part-time cleaner at Cowboys Leagues in Townsville - we won't get Dearden. Cowboys are working on a deal whereby they can increase his payments over a few years without breaking the back-ended contract rules. There is an in-principal agreement in place already. It might only be a rumour but my cousin is in a position to hear a lot of things up there, and I'm inclined to believe her
I'd be surprised if they weren't having a red hot crack at keeping him Johnno. Our bargaining chip is the fact that we've got huge salary cap availability for 2025 and this is probably a position Flanagan's willing to pay overs for. I think that gives us a decent chance. As far as AIP's are concerned, they don't hold any water whatsoever in rugby league as we've seen on numerous occasions.

He seems like a decent kid to me and no doubt will think it through. There's always the risk that he turns down the extra cash to stay at the Cowboys if he's settled. But I'd say we have a lot more cash on offer.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I'd be surprised if they weren't having a red hot crack at keeping him Johnno. Our bargaining chip is the fact that we've got huge salary cap availability for 2025 and this is probably a position Flanagan's willing to pay overs for. I think that gives us a decent chance. As far as AIP's are concerned, they don't hold any water whatsoever in rugby league as we've seen on numerous occasions.

He seems like a decent kid to me and no doubt will think it through. There's always the risk that he turns down the extra cash to stay at the Cowboys if he's settled. But I'd say we have a lot more cash on offer.
Oh I still think we're a chance, but it might have to be a lot more cash. But I hope we have a Plan B because we may not get Dearden and we still have a captain looking to scarper at the earliest opportunity.

justadragon

Bench
I think the way things are going we better seriously consider what juniors especially forwards will be up to the mark. I'm expecting Tuitavake and Fafita, Coric and a couple of others to really take that step this year. We have the Couchmans, so if Flanno can do a bit of magic we may have a decent young pack. Still got JDB and Su'a Lawrie stepped up last season, the Molo's. It has the makings of being something decent.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Hopefully the Young connection can get any of the Cowboys players across to Saints. They seemed to have loved being coached by him during his time there especially the young guys.

If Saints can land Taumalolo wow, that to me would be a dream. I love how this guy plays. 1 of my favourite forwards. I can only dream Saints can land him.

I really cannot see Dearden leaving the club or the Cows letting him go. Townsend is on his last legs and will retire soon. They cannot afford to have both their halves gone in 2025. I feel Dearden is testing his value and the Cows will come back and either match it or get close and he stays. I am waiting for the headline any day now that Dearden re-signs with the Cows. As per Auntie.Gerald, the Panthers may throw their hat in if Luai goes for Dearden. That will surely be Dearden's biggest temptation if he was to leave.

Latest posts