What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

I’d be really happy if we started the season with anyone but Fegai. We got a real good look at him last year and I’ve seen plenty.
I am with you on this Crush.
But I really believe Allan will start the year at number 1, and Finau still looks a bit raw to me.
Same with Tamale. Plus he plays his best football at centre.
Another option could be to use Sloan on the wing and swap him with Allan throughout the game.
The best outcome is that Fegai improves markedly under Flanagan and becomes a competent first grade winger.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
If Tamale can be safe as a bank under the high ball then yes wing makes sense to start In FG when u have mainly played Union most of ur juniors

Plus tough competition in Slomax and Suli the current centres as at 2023

Bird also fighting for a role

But for me Sione Finau looked very likely in ressies
The first 1min of highlights 2023 for Sione show an uncanny intercept ability but for FG the next part of his highlights are more relevant re his kick returns, breaks and try assists / tries

blacksafake

First Grade
If Tamale can be safe as a bank under the high ball then yes wing makes sense to start In FG when u have mainly played Union most of ur juniors

The first 1min of highlights 2023 for Sione show an uncanny intercept ability but for FG the next part of his highlights are more relevant re his kick returns, breaks and try assists / tries
Promising.
Like the leg drive & determination to beat a tackle.

Gardenia

Bench
Which is not bad going considering he only switched from Union the year before. I think I commented a year or two ago that our recruitment team had really ramped up bringing in players from other systems at that mid to late teen age. He was with the Waratahs.
That is something that hasnt been really talked about and given credit for in the media etc. Good stuff. Maybe we are building from within.

Sione has speed to burn

Can he tackle though ?

Gardenia

Bench
I like Feagai as depth / back-up if he doesn't put a big dent in the cap. But yes we need a top line winger. As we all are, I'm looking forward to seeing how our existing players have improved under Flanagan and his staff in terms of their conditioning and skills / game strategy, including Feagai.
Bird is the one Id most like to see improvement out of - he is paid so much.

Dragon David

First Grade

Unbelievable highlights of Finau. Strong, fast, tough. A fighter who doesn't know fear. Thanks Auntie.

since77

Juniors
2018 was a good year though.
2018 was a fluke - lets not forget they nearly blew even reaching the finals - they ended up limping into 8th spot. In a perverse kind of way 2018 - or as McGregor idiotically put it - being "85 minutes from a grand final" - actually dug a deeper hole for the club as this false dawn led to the clowns in charge giving McGregor an extended contract when it was already clear he was a clueless pretender.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach

All intercepts come from us having a compressed defence he is literally marking 3rd man in, if he misses the intercept, its Feagai all over again but with more pace, also needs to learn to carry the ball in his left hand, especially if he will be diving in the corner to score try's..

Anyone that says you're not a real fan has no understanding of the loyalty required to stay supporting
Hard as leather skin you need to support the same team for over half a century as my Dragons have had as many downs as ups since our glory years. I almost chucked em when our club sold our soul in '99 and admit it has been heartbreaking for much of the time since.

steerlerbab

Juniors
2018 was a fluke - lets not forget they nearly blew even reaching the finals - they ended up limping into 8th spot. In a perverse kind of way 2018 - or as McGregor idiotically put it - being "85 minutes from a grand final" - actually dug a deeper hole for the club as this false dawn led to the clowns in charge giving McGregor an extended contract when it was already clear he was a clueless pretender.
2018 was not a fluke! If Mary was not the coach and Widdop was not injured, we could have made GF. Have a look at starting forwards for Souths game: Graham, McInnes, Frizell, Sims and Debelin (all State of Origin level players and all were at the top of their game). Only AhMau was the journey man. Imagine what Flanno could have done with that forward pack.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
2018 was not a fluke! If Mary was not the coach and Widdop was not injured, we could have made GF. Have a look at starting forwards for Souths game: Graham, McInnes, Frizell, Sims and Debelin (all State of Origin level players and all were at the top of their game). Only AhMau was the journey man. Imagine what Flanno could have done with that forward pack.
How was Leeson a journeyman? He was 7 years with the Dragons, represented New Zealand. He was a better forward than Graham in 2018, could break the line and get an off-load. Great player. Certainly not a journey man.