What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

justadragon

Bench
I dont understand everyone thinking there has been no transparency and the Warriors have dudded us.
Its clear to me the player (aka manager) made a choice that did not work out.
It has probably cost us a medical. We might or NRL insurance might pay for the op and rehab.
The Dragons wont leave him penniless. Provide him with a job or something to tie him over this year till he works things out.
I dont think thats going to Happen, the onus is on his management, not the Dragons.

BLM01

First Grade
Its that amount plus im guessing the club pays all his medical/surgery/rehab bills? I reckon we would have offered him 300k atleast for 2024..... so maybe he figured he was in front.. but he must have been supremely confident that he was ready to fire and make an impression to accept a 1yr deal .. im positive the Dragons would have happily signed him for 2yrs atleast..
300K...oohhh. That seems high for a look see. I hope you were wrong

BIG RIG

Juniors
The Club have confirmed on the website that Corey Allan has suffered an ACL tear and will be out for the entire season

Ronald Volkmans contract has not been lodged and he had departed the club effective immediately

Junior Amone has also departed immediately

Cody Ramsey has been removed from the Top 30

We now have 27 out of our 30 spots filled

TheRev

Coach
The Dragons press release said:
"Pre-arrival medical assessments identified no significant injuries. However, upon presenting to the club, subsequent testing uncovered substantial issues arising from Volkman's prior shoulder reconstruction, mandating another operation."

So he did pass the initial tests and then failed subsequent ones.. and did he re-aggravate it at our training (despite non contact?), its a bit blurry and hopefully they can sort it out without too many shinanigans.

The Word

Juniors
I agree re smell but no more investigation. He and his manager chose and took the risk for greener $$$ pastures and requested to break his Warriors contract. No risk for Warriors happy days and measured risk by us luckily. For player and manager has a year to think about the next move.
Ok we’ll probably disagree on this at the very least I think the nrl should be asking the questions:
1) how much about the injury did warriors medical staff know?
2) how much of that information was fully disclosed to the player by the warriors medical team
3) was there any recommendation from the warriors that the player should seek further medical tests relating to this pre-existing problem, and was that advice ignored by the player
3) was there any advice from the warriors that the kid should cancel his existing contract prior to a medical assessment from the dragons, or explanation of the risks
4) was there any kind of payment / inducement made to the agent from the warriors at any time to help this deal go through

Proof of the above should be easy to access in terms of internal emails.

I’ll shut up now.

justadragon

Bench
The Dragons press release said:
"Pre-arrival medical assessments identified no significant injuries. However, upon presenting to the club, subsequent testing uncovered substantial issues arising from Volkman's prior shoulder reconstruction, mandating another operation."

So he did pass the initial tests and then failed subsequent ones.. and did he re-aggravate it at our training (despite non contact?), its a bit blurry and hopefully they can sort it out without too many shinanigans.
I think they have sorted it out, he's gone, effective immediately.

BIG RIG

Juniors
The squad is awfully awfully weak

Flanno did state he wanted to keep one spot free until mid year but he now can’t afford to do that

We need to try and find some type of dummy half , half and another outside back

But on paper that squad is a shambles

Lennyb

Juniors
Our starting squad has improved IMO from last year. Corey is a blow, but nothing too major. But definately a loss.

Depth has been a problem for a long time now. Nothing new.

If the engine room stays out of trouble, I will be happy.

We finally have a premiership winning coach again and $ in the kitty, chin up, the tide will turn.

thebigredv

First Grade
Hands down the worst luck of any new coach starting anywhere but when he speaks Flanno gives me great comfort and knowledge that the players are in great hands.

The real proof comes when the footy starts but you can tell he is streaks ahead in competence than the last three coaches, and very real. I believe he won’t stand for mediocrity.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Great interview. Very positive. But Volkman - two screws have pulled out of the shoulder - surely he must have known something was seriously wrong?

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
Great interview. Very positive. But Volkman - two screws have pulled out of the shoulder - surely he must have known something was seriously wrong?
You'd think so hey. There was a reason he was no contact.
Sounds like it was all pending medicals so seems like we have washed our hands of it all and can move on.

He speaks very well but it is all for naught unless he can back it up with results.

I like the talk of Kyle and Hunt. Who knows, maybe Kyle can send Hunts individual play, which has always been great, to another level by taking the pressure off him.

since77

Juniors
Bad news aside it’s just so refreshing to hear what a REAL coach sounds like again. First time since Bennett it sounds like the guy in charge knows what he’s talking about. The comments about Lomax and the way he’s been used in the past were particularly pertinent.

TheRev

Coach
Bad news aside it’s just so refreshing to hear what a REAL coach sounds like again. First time since Bennett it sounds like the guy in charge knows what he’s talking about. The comments about Lomax and the way he’s been used in the past were particularly pertinent.
100% when Flanno talks about the way Lomax comes onto the ball, the rut he was in and how to fix it.. far out havent heard a bluddy word from the last 5yrs of coaches other than 'run hard tackle hard dragons footy'.

100% when Flanno talks about the way Lomax comes onto the ball, the rut he was in and how to fix it.. far out havent heard a bluddy word from the last 5yrs of coaches other than 'run hard tackle hard dragons footy'.
Makes a massive difference when the coach is a premiership winning coach.
In the different roles Flanagan had with the club before his appointment to the head coaching role it must have frustrated the hell out of him to see the way the previous coaches were going about their business and the wasted talent of plenty of the players, Lomax to name just one.

possm

Coach
The Club have confirmed on the website that Corey Allan has suffered an ACL tear and will be out for the entire season

Ronald Volkmans contract has not been lodged and he had departed the club effective immediately

Junior Amone has also departed immediately

Cody Ramsey has been removed from the Top 30

We now have 27 out of our 30 spots filled
So then, why not go for the 3 May brothers? We have cap and spots in the top 30.

Latest posts