What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

kit66

Bench
I went to the Bears game last year at N Sydney where we were all over them like a rash until the final 20 minutes and they came from well down to beat us and I’m pretty sure he was playing and if that was the case he is ok. A handy pickup.

Jesse Marshke and his his twin brother Ben (a capable Hooker) laid on 4 of the Bears 6 tries. We lead 20-10 at half time and lost 30-26.

Parko1310

Juniors
How about we go all out for Lewis Dodd who is currently the scrum half for St Helens. His contract finishes at the end of 2024, although has an option to extend at St Helens but a decent offer to him might lure him here. We know the story though don't we which is we show our interest and the likes of the barking Bulldogs get in the way?

Wouldn't be opposed, however I'd be surprised if he'd come over to Australia next season. Still only 21, and a lot of the time these English players only get one shot at the NRL. He and his manager may not see risking it at this early stage in his career as smart. Probably trying to get more money out of St Helens with his comments I'd say. The other young half we could potentially look at is Tom Weaver from the Titans. Got a massive boot on him, averaging almost 500 kicking metres a game in his 3 NRL games so far. To put that in perspective, Ben Hunt who did almost all of our kicking last season averaged about 100m less in kicking per game.

Parko1310

Juniors
Dogs have tabled an offer to Terrell May. They haven't set their focus on Taylan yet according to the article and suggested they'll continue "assessing" their roster. I don't think any club in the NRL will touch Tyrone May, so the three brothers at one club is probably unrealistic. Surely the Dragons should be making a play for both Terrell and Taylan May at the same time to get them over the line. Taylan is a very good player, I have no doubt coming back from his ACL won't be a problem. He's better than any left winger we currently have too, easily.

They're heavily family orientated people. If I'm Flanno, I'm meeting both of them, with their parents and selling a pitch that impresses them too. Terrell's comments on the Bloke podcast suggested he will listen heavily to what his parents have to say about his next deal. The Dragons, with all the brothers we have at the club, can easily sell the family orientated pitch, strengthened by a desire to meet the parents of Terrell and Taylan. Terrell also mentioned he badly wants to play origin. I'd be pointing towards Flanno's record with Matt Prior who grew enormously as a player and front rower, even late on his career, under Flanno's guidance. To the point where Prior did play origin. As for Taylan, young outside backs at the Sharks like Holmes and Bird excelled under Flanagan and went on to play origin whilst under him.

BLM01

First Grade
Th
Dogs have tabled an offer to Terrell May. They haven't set their focus on Taylan yet according to the article and suggested they'll continue "assessing" their roster. I don't think any club in the NRL will touch Tyrone May, so the three brothers at one club is probably unrealistic. Surely the Dragons should be making a play for both Terrell and Taylan May at the same time to get them over the line. Taylan is a very good player, I have no doubt coming back from his ACL won't be a problem. He's better than any left winger we currently have too, easily.

They're heavily family orientated people. If I'm Flanno, I'm meeting both of them, with their parents and selling a pitch that impresses them too. Terrell's comments on the Bloke podcast suggested he will listen heavily to what his parents have to say about his next deal. The Dragons, with all the brothers we have at the club, can easily sell the family orientated pitch, strengthened by a desire to meet the parents of Terrell and Taylan. Terrell also mentioned he badly wants to play origin. I'd be pointing towards Flanno's record with Matt Prior who grew enormously as a player and front rower, even late on his career, under Flanno's guidance. To the point where Prior did play origin. As for Taylan, young outside backs at the Sharks like Holmes and Bird excelled under Flanagan and went on to play origin whilst under him.
The dogs are supposedly the family club though

Dragon David

First Grade
Got me F**KED but how can The Bulldogs be offering Terrel May a multi year deal ....... ? They seem to be able to sign who ever they target .....
The bloody Bulldogs will have a State of Origin team one day the way they have been able to sign up every Tom, Dick and Harry and they are not even footy players.

All I can say is that there must be lots of current guys looking over their shoulders to see if they will be tapped to piss off from that god forsaken club.

Dragon David

First Grade

Dragon David

First Grade
Meaningless if the Sea Eagles wont release him, which they already have said they wont, its up to the manager to cook up a deal I guess.
We all know how poor our recruitment has been over so many years. By crikey, why can't those involved see how bad things are and if they can see it then why can't they do something about it and I don't mean by what money they can offer, it is the brand that they really have to sell and putting the image of the Dragons in a really high place and change everyone's perception of the club to be a club of distinction and puts players first and all that shit!!

since77

Juniors
Well more rule changes coming in for 2024 and it involves contested restarts to encourage teams to take risks in order to regain possession etc. We can't do it the old way anyway so the new rules will make things even harder for us.

Another dumb rule change to make the game even more unrecognisable from the game we all grew up with.

Latest posts