What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

SaintPeter

Juniors
Love the banter about our backs, wingers and halves. But we need forwards!!
Big hard fast mongrel forwards.
And we don’t have enough.
Surely there are candidates in reserve grade at other clubs we can take a punt on ??
Offer em a go at first grade.
We need more huge speedy and tough bastards.

possm

Coach
Love the banter about our backs, wingers and halves. But we need forwards!!
Big hard fast mongrel forwards.
And we don’t have enough.
Surely there are candidates in reserve grade at other clubs we can take a punt on ??
Offer em a go at first grade.
We need more huge speedy and tough bastards.
I don't know about that. I think we have enough average forwards in our squad. We mainly need one or two marquee forwards.

May is available and maybe we can get him for 2024. not in the AFB class but better than any of our current forwards. We do have some young forwards that may step up in 2024 and I feel that May would be a good leader of the pack to show the way for our forwards.

thebigredv

First Grade
Villiame Fifita was pictured training in an opposed session in a home jersey (indicating he's in the first team)

Name's been bandied about a bit on here. Like most, I haven't actually seen him go around and he is yet to be tested in first grade but we all seem to want the same thing - to see him get a really good go in first grade this year. Sooner the better as the wraps on him are big.

St Tangles

Bench
Name's been bandied about a bit on here. Like most, I haven't actually seen him go around and he is yet to be tested in first grade but we all seem to want the same thing - to see him get a really good go in first grade this year. Sooner the better as the wraps on him are big.
He was really good for Manly in the trials last year.
He then had a few niggles holding him back.
I'm hoping he has a breakout season.

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
It helps when your club owner and BOD members are wealthy, well connected in the media and corporate or business world and heavily vested in success. Make no mistake Roosters do not loose players they want to keep no matter what the media trots out in regards to salary cap squeeze or better offers elsewhere
They did loose Mitchell.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
What’s everyone’s thoughts on JdB for 2025 ?

Turns 33yrs old in March

I wonder how an extension will be positioned or is a serious clean out we are looking for come 2025 ?

You could only guess he might be offered $500k pa max in 2025 at our club or another?

And more likely $400k pa in 2025 at 34yrs of age?

Parko1310

Juniors
What’s everyone’s thoughts on JdB for 2025 ?

Turns 33yrs old in March

I wonder how an extension will be positioned or is a serious clean out we are looking for come 2025 ?

You could only guess he might be offered $500k pa max in 2025 at our club or another?

And more likely $400k pa in 2025 at 34yrs of age?
I'd be letting him go. Time to move on from him.

maestro1

Bench
He is still out best forward. Our defence is always better when he plays. His body is still good as he didn't burn it out by having those forced stand downs. One of the few NRL players that can cut a man down on his own. Doesn't need 3 in the tackle. Jturbo is the other. Only negative is the bunker don't like him and watch him like a hawk. There was a clear mandate to ping him for anything last season. The Manly game at WIN is a prime example. The Manly winger (toupolata??) Had about 3 rolls of strapping on his leg which meant he took an injury into the game. We had commenced our chase down and looked like we were going to run manly down (DCE's 300th game). Dan Russell scores a fair try and Casey Badger denies the try from the bunker. Not long after, JDB tackles Toupolata?? and he doesn't get up for a while as his leg clagged it. Casey Badger stops the game for an eternity and then sends JDB to the sinbin. End of the rundown and we lose. I was very close to the action and started a verbal with the manly winger about how he taken the injury into the game. He just smirked.

The Word

Juniors
What JDB gets in 2025 will totally depend on this season plus if any of our junior forward stocks start stepping up to the mark
Agree Flanagan will see how he goes this year and if he does well and looks like he's got the legs, he'll get a one year extension on less money I would think. With his missed game time I think he'll have enough in him for another year at a good level.

possm

Coach
Agree Flanagan will see how he goes this year and if he does well and looks like he's got the legs, he'll get a one year extension on less money I would think. With his missed game time I think he'll have enough in him for another year at a good level.
I'd say, De Belin will move to Super League in 2025. So, let's hope with have a young gun replacement ready to replace him.

Latest posts