What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Just thought I'd pass on this info from JA.

1. One of our regular first graders most likely won't be with the club next year, apparently mixing with the wrong crowd.
2. Herbert not seen as a regular 1st grader.
3.McGregor will be our coach next year.

As I said, just passing on the info that a poster put on JA.

If proven to be correct my take on it would be:
1. Would have to be either of Nene (80%), Lafai (15%) or Aitken (5%)
2. There must be something with Herbert that we can't see. Defense is his biggest issue imo
3. Doesn't surprise me. He even alluded to the fact before the Knights game.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

1. One of our regular first graders most likely won't be with the club next year, apparently mixing with the wrong crowd.

2. There must be something with Herbert that we can't see. Defense is his biggest issue imo

Regarding point three: I thought WIN Corp. would bring real change to the Dragons’ business model and charter.

Please don’t me feel that’s a load of codswallop.

Brutalitops

Juniors

Mixing with the wrong crowds is part of the reasons Paul Vaughan was let go from Canberra

Regarding point three: I thought WIN Corp. would bring real change to the Dragons’ business model and charter.

Please don’t me feel that’s a load of codswallop.
Mary will see out his contract, the sooner people come to terms with this the better. The only way he doesn't is if Bennett is sacked this off season and becomes available now.

Hey, I had a Souths mate tell me this Kane Musgrove thing was reported on when he was charged months ago.
I don't seem to remember this be talked about when there were rumours we were trying to sign him before June 30?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Mixing with the wrong crowds is part of the reasons Paul Vaughan was let go from Canberra

Mary will see out his contract, the sooner people come to terms with this the better. The only way he doesn't is if Bennett is sacked this off season and becomes available now.

Even then, McGregor would still be retained. He will also receive an extension.

I am a Dragons man for life. Going on 50 years now. @Dragonsmanforlife is my Twitter acct name.. as I can not change my FRF u/n I can not use @Dragonsmanforlife.. I have two dreams before I cark it. One is that Australia becomes a Republic and that my beloved Dragons become a stand alone club again.

Dragonslayer said:

3. Doesn't surprise me. He even alluded to the fact before the Knights game
.[/quote]

How reliable is JA? Mixing with wrong crowd. What exactly does that mean? I hope to hell it is Aitken. Has Lomax already pinched his spot? Nene and Tim have been our most consistent backs this season imho. They must be retained. I hope someone is looking to poach Dufty from us.

Last edited:

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Dragonslayer said:

3. Doesn't surprise me. He even alluded to the fact before the Knights game

How reliable is JA? Mixing with wrong crowd. What exactly does that mean? I hope to hell it is Aitken. Has Lomax already pinched his spot? Nene and Tim have been our most consistent backs this season imho. They must be retained. I hope someone is looking to poach Dufty from us.[/QUOTE]

Have you been on the cans this arvo?
If not then you must be a better observer at cricket than our backline.

Gm5

Juniors
Dragons to sign Fijian flyer

Some good news for the Dragons in the wake of last weekend’s heart-breaking loss to Souths - the club has landed Fiji’s World Cup flyer Mikaele Ravalawa for 2019.

The club has been in talks with the Canberra youngster for months and an announcement is imminent.

Ravalawa could be the man to replace veteran winger Jason Nightingale in coming seasons.

At just 20, he is a real crowd pleaser who scored five tries in one game for Raiders feeder club Mounties earlier this year and was the club’s top try scorer for the season.

Fast and strong, he’s set to continue the tradition of exciting Fijian wingers in the NRL.

Smurf

Juniors
Dragons to sign Fijian flyer

Some good news for the Dragons in the wake of last weekend’s heart-breaking loss to Souths - the club has landed Fiji’s World Cup flyer Mikaele Ravalawa for 2019.

The club has been in talks with the Canberra youngster for months and an announcement is imminent.

Ravalawa could be the man to replace veteran winger Jason Nightingale in coming seasons.

At just 20, he is a real crowd pleaser who scored five tries in one game for Raiders feeder club Mounties earlier this year and was the club’s top try scorer for the season.

Fast and strong, he’s set to continue the tradition of exciting Fijian wingers in the NRL.

Does anyone have any intel on him ?