What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
MORE FRONT THAN DAVID JONES

‘I haven’t lost the passion’: McGregor puts hand up, Hannay’s agent set for Eels talks​

Adam Pengilly

By Adam Pengilly

May 22, 2024 — 7.36pm

Paul McGregor, who helped Brad Arthur guide Parramatta to a historic grand final appearance less than two years ago, has emerged as the first coach to publicly declare his interest in the vacant job.
With Parramatta officials due to meet the management of Sharks assistant Josh Hannay on Thursday, former Dragons boss McGregor has confirmed he would be interested in returning to the Eels, ending a four-year head coaching exile.
McGregor’s pitch is fascinating: he was a consultant to Arthur during their fairytale run to the 2022 grand final, sitting alongside the Eels mentor in the coaching box when Penrith swept to their second straight title.
But after the defeat, McGregor didn’t renew his position at the club and the Eels missed the finals altogether last year, and have spluttered through the first half of this season, leading to Arthur’s sacking on Monday.

“I haven’t lost the passion for coaching and if the club is interested, I’d be happy to speak to them,” McGregor said.
McGregor already has existing relationships with senior members of the Eels squad, including Clint Gutherson, Junior Paulo and Mitchell Moses, and has kept his hand in the game as Brad Fittler’s deputy with NSW in State of Origin.
Former Dragons head coach and ex-Eels consultant Paul McGregor (left) with Brad Arthur.

Former Dragons head coach and ex-Eels consultant Paul McGregor (left) with Brad Arthur.CREDIT: NRL IMAGERY
McGregor spent more than six years at the Dragons but hasn’t thrown his hat into the ring for various other roles since, instead waiting for the right opportunity.
The Eels will step up their search for a new coach on Thursday when they meet veteran agent Chris Orr, who manages one of the leading candidates for the role in Hannay.
LOL..great pitch. I am the reason we got the GF in 2022. I go and down go Parra. Funny how they are targeting Hannay.. get the message Mary. When you got to speak out and show interest means they are not interested

Coffs dragon

Bench
Looks like the Tigers are now trying to offload an ex Dragon according to a SMH story…..

Multiple sources told the Herald that halfback Jayden Sullivan is on top of Richardson’s list of players to offload. Sullivan is on a deal worth around $500,000 a season. That will increase to about $600,000 in the final years of his four-year deal.

Sullivan joined the club in the off-season but Richardson, who wasn’t at the club when the deal was struck, is now trying to find the halfback a new home.

hewi

Bench
Looks like the Tigers are now trying to offload an ex Dragon according to a SMH story…..

Multiple sources told the Herald that halfback Jayden Sullivan is on top of Richardson’s list of players to offload. Sullivan is on a deal worth around $500,000 a season. That will increase to about $600,000 in the final years of his four-year deal.

Sullivan joined the club in the off-season but Richardson, who wasn’t at the club when the deal was struck, is now trying to find the halfback a new home.

So that’s a score 1 to Flanno will be interesting to see if gets another 1 with Lomax.

justadragon

Bench
MORE FRONT THAN DAVID JONES

‘I haven’t lost the passion’: McGregor puts hand up, Hannay’s agent set for Eels talks​

Adam Pengilly

By Adam Pengilly

May 22, 2024 — 7.36pm

Paul McGregor, who helped Brad Arthur guide Parramatta to a historic grand final appearance less than two years ago, has emerged as the first coach to publicly declare his interest in the vacant job.
With Parramatta officials due to meet the management of Sharks assistant Josh Hannay on Thursday, former Dragons boss McGregor has confirmed he would be interested in returning to the Eels, ending a four-year head coaching exile.
McGregor’s pitch is fascinating: he was a consultant to Arthur during their fairytale run to the 2022 grand final, sitting alongside the Eels mentor in the coaching box when Penrith swept to their second straight title.
But after the defeat, McGregor didn’t renew his position at the club and the Eels missed the finals altogether last year, and have spluttered through the first half of this season, leading to Arthur’s sacking on Monday.

“I haven’t lost the passion for coaching and if the club is interested, I’d be happy to speak to them,” McGregor said.
McGregor already has existing relationships with senior members of the Eels squad, including Clint Gutherson, Junior Paulo and Mitchell Moses, and has kept his hand in the game as Brad Fittler’s deputy with NSW in State of Origin.
Former Dragons head coach and ex-Eels consultant Paul McGregor (left) with Brad Arthur.

Former Dragons head coach and ex-Eels consultant Paul McGregor (left) with Brad Arthur.CREDIT: NRL IMAGERY
McGregor spent more than six years at the Dragons but hasn’t thrown his hat into the ring for various other roles since, instead waiting for the right opportunity.
The Eels will step up their search for a new coach on Thursday when they meet veteran agent Chris Orr, who manages one of the leading candidates for the role in Hannay.
What a load of nonsense trying to assimilate the Eels poor form with the departure of Mary, please spare me.

BLM01

First Grade

justadragon

Bench

The grass isnt always greener is it Bud, you better have a word to your management team because you ain't getting $600k anywhere.

TheRev

First Grade
Yar tbf it was a bit like Flanno buying 2nd rowers over the offseason.. we went from Russell and Burns to Eisenhuth to RFM to Luciano, throw in Egan getting an upgrade in there... we had no idea where we would land by Round 1.

Tigers had no idea they would land Luai, or that an 18yr old would dominate 5/8..

The question now though is would we want Bud back on 300k or something.. I like the kid, maybe as a 14 or nsw cup and backup 7.. but.. I imagine things were said when he left last time.... and perhaps our club wasnt all that sorry to see him go at the time.

Latest posts