What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

justadragon

Bench
to be fair to Bud though, when he signed it very much looked like he'd be a locked in starting half (which he wouldn't have been for us). I can completely understand why he made the decision to leave
When he signed he knew they were chasing Luai, he didnt anticipate Galvin was better than him, he could have stayed and possibly played 6 for us and let KF be 14, chased the dollars and now Richardson wants to punt him, he wont get a gig at $600k, costly mistake all self inflicted by his managers.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Parra are going to go through the same pain as many other clubs outside the top 5 with coaching changes every 3 years or so until they can get the right one. They don't realise how good they had it with Brad getting them in the finals or fringes the last 5 years out of 7. If Dylan Brown did not get stood down they would have made it last year. They can still make it this year as when Moses returns they can easily get a 5 game winning streak going to push into the 8.

2023 - 10th (2pts from 8)
2022 - 4th - Grand Final
2021 - 6th
2020 - 3rd
2019 - 5th
2018 - last
2017 - 4th

Dragon David

First Grade
Parra are going to go through the same pain as many other clubs outside the top 5 with coaching changes every 3 years or so until they can get the right one. They don't realise how good they had it with Brad getting them in the finals or fringes the last 5 years out of 7. If Dylan Brown did not get stood down they would have made it last year. They can still make it this year as when Moses returns they can easily get a 5 game winning streak going to push into the 8.

2023 - 10th (2pts from 8)
2022 - 4th - Grand Final
2021 - 6th
2020 - 3rd
2019 - 5th
2018 - last
2017 - 4th
I'd take those results except the one for 2018 hahaha!

dungay dragon

Juniors
Let's not forget Flanno had to find a spot for his son. Bud has been playing well the last few games. Young Flanno has played a lot of NRL but does not improve. Hunt stifles his growth to control a game. We need someone to control a game.
Really ??
KF came here as back up hooker not half
Amone was pencilled in at 6 ....until his dramas
Sullivan wasnt guaranteed a spot at Tigers as Luai and Galvin were always ahead of him

BLM01

First Grade
Th
Let's not forget Flanno had to find a spot for his son. Bud has been playing well the last few games. Young Flanno has played a lot of NRL but does not improve. Hunt stifles his growth to control a game. We need someone to control a game.
that is why it is likely Bud will have to find a new home next year as reported

Really ??
KF came here as back up hooker not half
Amone was pencilled in at 6 ....until his dramas
Sullivan wasnt guaranteed a spot at Tigers as Luai and Galvin were always ahead of him
Thats what I said. Bud was a 6, 7 or 14. So is Kyle. Amone pleading guilty was always going to be stood down by NRL.
Luai was not signed at the time Bud signed.

steerlerbab

Juniors
" bud" unwanted at Dragons , now Tigers ,,,
Tigers went all out for Luai even though they had Bud
Poor business or wise choice .No brainer im thinking
Bud reportedly is at 550k. If Tigers try to offload him, he should try to get part of his salary from tigers. I think he will get 400k. From memory that was what he was getting from us. I think we can do what Kerry Packer did to Allan Bond (sold channel 9 for 100M and then bought it back for 50M) and get Bud back at 400k and get Tigers pay the difference. Now, I do not think Bud is a replacement for Hunt. He is aging and losing his mojo and next year might be his last. We need a gun half and I have said before we should go for Souths Ilias and now South have granted him permission to negotiate with other clubs. Remember South were leading the comp half way last year with him playing half. I think Ilias has more potential than Bud. Talagi is another option but he needs a lot of work put on his defense. So I think the club should aim at one of the following with all the cash we have.
Option 1 - Ilias/Talagi
Option 2 - Ilias/Bud
Option 3 - Talagi/Bud

dungay dragon

Juniors
Bud reportedly is at 550k. If Tigers try to offload him, he should try to get part of his salary from tigers. I think he will get 400k. From memory that was what he was getting from us. I think we can do what Kerry Packer did to Allan Bond (sold channel 9 for 100M and then bought it back for 50M) and get Bud back at 400k and get Tigers pay the difference. Now, I do not think Bud is a replacement for Hunt. He is aging and losing his mojo and next year might be his last. We need a gun half and I have said before we should go for Souths Ilias and now South have granted him permission to negotiate with other clubs. Remember South were leading the comp half way last year with him playing half. I think Ilias has more potential than Bud. Talagi is another option but he needs a lot of work put on his defense. So I think the club should aim at one of the following with all the cash we have.
Option 1 - Ilias/Talagi
Option 2 - Ilias/Bud
Option 3 - Talagi/Bud
Thinking good gets would be both Tallagi and illias .
Illias 7 Tallagi 3 or 1
Corey allan back in 25
do we look ay douhie from Tiges
depending also on Sloan and whether they persevere there
Sullivan highly unlikely to be invited back
that ship has passed
Desperately need a hard as nails Prop