What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Interesting isn’t it.

Posters scream like banshee's that we are resigned to sign journeymen, older players looking for retirement, we never go after quality. Then, when we are linked to a quality player (who we have made enquiries to previously) it's, no way we'll sign him, why would he come to this rabble. I don't need to go on further.

So, either get on board that we are in the market for quality players that will improve our squad, or accept that we can only figure in talks with those i've mentioned above.

hewi

Bench
The embattled club is reportedly looking to undertake a cleanout, as it continues to transition forward from the Tim Sheens and - former recruitment officer - Scott Fulton era.

Sullivan is contracted until the end of 2027 and reportedly on around $500,000 to $600,000 per-season.

It’s a hefty spend for a half that finds himself below Aiden Sezer and rookie Lachlan Galvin in the pecking order, plus the club has secured the services of Jarome Luai from next season as well

From Fox Sports

The embattled club is reportedly looking to undertake a cleanout, as it continues to transition forward from the Tim Sheens and - former recruitment officer - Scott Fulton era.

Sullivan is contracted until the end of 2027 and reportedly on around $500,000 to $600,000 per-season.

It’s a hefty spend for a half that finds himself below Aiden Sezer and rookie Lachlan Galvin in the pecking order, plus the club has secured the services of Jarome Luai from next season as well

From Fox Sports
Still young but it just seems all the hype for Sul was overblown.

perfect for super league. Wish him the best.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade

$4mill offer 5 years to the big stef

According to veteran journalist Phil Rothfield, the Rabbitohs are interested in poaching Sharks prop Royce Hunt – and they’re ready to table an offer that Cronulla cannot.

do you reckon we might be making a play also for Royce? contracted to end of 2025 at shakries

TheRev

First Grade
I'm not convinced there isnt a player in Sullivan still.. heaps of players get written off early.. would possibly make a great 14.. assuming he could cover centre.. the problem (I think) has always been his attitude, and im not sure if Flanno would want him based on that alone.. even though hes been temporarily humbled.. but hes still a lot better than Glover I reckon.. but would be wanting first grade...

Illusion

Bench
This X 2 ........
Hate is a little strong, but no one is pretending Hunt is not what most fans want. Its real, regardless of whether he is our best player. For the money we are paying, you would expect that he is the best player, let alone half, at the club.

He has ensured half is his spot and his alone. He even struggles to allow halves partner any substantial involvement. He’s showed no interest in taking a successor under his wing.

So long as he remains, we are HUNT-strung.

I’m certainly not forgetting the loss mentioned to Broncos team a couple seasons ago but the emphasis there ‘is a couple seasons ago’ under a coaching ethos of ‘give it to Ben”, of course we’ll fall apart when one player, the entire game plan, isn’t on the field.

Kyle Flanagan is as underestimated as you overestimate Hunt but, like any recent 5/8, is hampered by Hunt. I also don’t think anyone promoting ‘we ditch Hunt’ is seriously proposing that a ‘Kyle and Marchske’ pairing are the future.

Hunt has had opportunity in the halves, playing more of a 6 role, but he can’t relinquish any control to Kyle, and he NOT moving to Hooker. Every game he proves he can’t make any concessions with current roster let alone should we recruit ‘a good out and out halfback who can control a game’.

Hunt is the half who can’t game manage, won’t change position for the good of the team, can’t kick well, and as Captain, can’t lead. But what a running half – dumb, isn’t it?

You are right about a shortage of good halves. You are right about another halves pairing not going to happen right away, but no substantial improvement will ever have a chance till Hunt is gone.

Hanging onto Hunt because he’s our best individual half is accepting team mediocrity and waiving a white flag till the end of his contract. x2

justadragon

Bench
I'm not convinced there isnt a player in Sullivan still.. heaps of players get written off early.. would possibly make a great 14.. assuming he could cover centre.. the problem (I think) has always been his attitude, and im not sure if Flanno would want him based on that alone.. even though hes been temporarily humbled.. but hes still a lot better than Glover I reckon.. but would be wanting first grade...
I'll say this right now Rev, there is no way Sullivan gets a gig with any other club for $500-$600 K, i could be terribly wrong. He could have stayed and tried being our 14 but he and his management chased the dollars. Flanno may have said a couple of things to him he didnt like and off he went. Well it looks like the Tigers dont hold much value in him now considering where he is in the pecking order there.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
I'll say this right now Rev, there is no way Sullivan gets a gig with any other club for $500-$600 K, i could be terribly wrong. He could have stayed and tried being our 14 but he and his management chased the dollars. Flanno may have said a couple of things to him he didnt like and off he went. Well it looks like the Tigers dont hold much value in him now considering where he is in the pecking order there.
True. Important to keep in mind his manager is that grub Tartak

justadragon

Bench
True. Important to keep in mind his manager is that grub Tartak
Too Right KW, I put Lomax in the same category, what couldn't get done, what couldn't get sorted, what couldn't be fixed. I'm over it now even though I will still get pissed off watching him play for Parra, but if he gets dicked around there with a new coach, I will lmao.

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors
I really don't think he chased the $$$ as much as chasing a starting first grade spot, which is what everyone thought he would have (Galvin has emerged super quickly)

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Definitely a player there, mentioned before a few weeks back he created 2 try's and each try involved him stepping off the right foot and the other from the left foot, he needs to just knuckle down and put the hard yards in..

Sage63

Juniors
I really don't think he chased the $$$ as much as chasing a starting first grade spot, which is what everyone thought he would have (Galvin has emerged super quickly)
I do believe that prior to signing his last contract with the dragons, that he was was given assurances re. succession into the first grade squad.
not sure, maybe someone else can expand on that.

justadragon

Bench
You cant tell me his management didnt know they were chasing Luai, they had Sezer and knew that Galvin was going to be something because of his performances in lower grades. So at the very least, his ego wouldnt let him settle at being a starting 14 with us, which would have been the case right now, because we desperately need one.

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors
You cant tell me his management didnt know they were chasing Luai, they had Sezer and knew that Galvin was going to be something because of his performances in lower grades. So at the very least, his ego wouldnt let him settle at being a starting 14 with us, which would have been the case right now, because we desperately need one.
Well yes, a Sezer they signed for one season (who's well into his 30s), a Luai they hadn't landed yet and Galvin who was still at school at the time.

Also, he was specificially told that he could look elsewhere by the club, not the other way around. Sounds like Flanno wanted rid of his over inflated contract as he wouldn't be starting in FG

justadragon

Bench
He may very well had been, but it's clear Flanno told him he won't be starting (which is why he look to, and subsequently left the club)
Flanno told him to bide his time in ressies like the Couchmans and the rest, I'm sure that if he had he would have been the starting 14 now, instead of us getting Fu Brown. He thought he could get a better deal, then good luck to him, he thought he was a shoe in for NRL in the halves, good luck to him. Players that just wont accept what they need to do and wait for their opportunity, I hope he lands himself a spot as a half in the NRL, Titans maybe but not on his price tag unless they are desperate.

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors
Flanno told him to bide his time in ressies like the Couchmans and the rest, I'm sure that if he had he would have been the starting 14 now, instead of us getting Fu Brown. He thought he could get a better deal, then good luck to him, he thought he was a shoe in for NRL in the halves, good luck to him. Players that just wont accept what they need to do and wait for their opportunity, I hope he lands himself a spot as a half in the NRL, Titans maybe but not on his price tag unless they are desperate.
Did he? Is there proof of that - or that's just what you're speculating?
I'm sure he would've been the starting 14 too, but the hate he has copped for going after a 1st grade gig, after he was told he could leave the club is wild to me.

He hasn't dogged the club, and I'd happily have him back (if he was happy playing 14 to start with and if the Tigers chipped in)

Latest posts