What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

justadragon

Bench
I didnt say I hate him, but you also need to remember that the club told him to look elsewhere after he had already asked for a release a couple of times previously because he wasnt getting a starting gig. And if I have to be fair the few times that the Dragons had him at half was a disaster, and no I dont blame him for that because the whole team was a disaster then, but thats the reality. Sloan tried it on as well until his nanna told him to wind his head in, unfortunately this did not happen to Sullivan. Yeah if he comes back without the chip on his shoulder and the Tigers chip in, yes I would have him back as well as at 14, but what happens after that, $600k for a utility, maybe I dont know what the going rate is, I think we paid $650 for Luc.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
I didnt say I hate him, but you also need to remember that the club told him to look elsewhere after he had already asked for a release a couple of times previously because he wasnt getting a starting gig. And if I have to be fair the few times that the Dragons had him at half was a disaster, and no I dont blame him for that because the whole team was a disaster then, but thats the reality. Sloan tried it on as well until his nanna told him to wind his head in, unfortunately this did not happen to Sullivan. Yeah if he comes back without the chip on his shoulder and the Tigers chip in, yes I would have him back as well as a 14, but what happens after that, $600k for a utility, maybe I dont know what the going rate is, I think we paid $650 for Luc.

Sullivan had an offer from another club. I haven't heard about Sloan getting offers from other clubs...

justadragon

Bench
Sullivan had an offer from another club. I haven't heard about Sloan getting offers from other clubs...
Sullivan was told to look elsewhere and then got hit up by the Tigers, I'm sure he's grub manager had things already lined up. Sloan had asked for a release after what was happening with Hook and he also got tapped up by Bennett. Webb and his Nanna pointed out a few things to him and he stayed saying that he realised he needed to work hard in ressies.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Sullivan was told to look elsewhere and then got hit up by the Tigers, I'm sure he's grub manager had things already lined up. Sloan had asked for a release after what was happening with Hook and he also got tapped up by Bennett. Webb and his Nanna pointed out a few things to him and he stayed saying that he realised he needed to work hard in ressies.
how serious was the bennett discussions?

justadragon

Bench
Sloan not worth 500k a season his managers asking price .
He has had 2 years in nrl at fullback if he wants a contract he would need a season in nsw cup .
John I have to ask you this, can you not see any improvement in Sloan ? If he has had 2 years then he has had only 1 under a proper coach. What standard is it that he is not meeting in your eyes, or at least that he is willing to work on and has been.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
We're in a pickle with Sloan because we don't have any other fullbacks so his manager can push for a higher asking price. I don't mind 500k/season for a 2 year deal. We're not stuck with the contract if he doesn't keep improving & it doesn't impact our salary cap too much considering we've got heaps of salary cap space.

It's also a good contract for Sloan, if he kicks on then he can negotiate a larger contract for the future & also gives him a bit of financial security in the short term.

$4mill offer 5 years to the big stef

According to veteran journalist Phil Rothfield, the Rabbitohs are interested in poaching Sharks prop Royce Hunt – and they’re ready to table an offer that Cronulla cannot.

do you reckon we might be making a play also for Royce? contracted to end of 2025 at shakries
Not sure when R Hunt becomes available but I’d expect we would be after both him and big stefano if we are half serious. Get them both, move on Lawrie and someone else if we have to.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Did he? Is there proof of that - or that's just what you're speculating?
I'm sure he would've been the starting 14 too, but the hate he has copped for going after a 1st grade gig, after he was told he could leave the club is wild to me.

He hasn't dogged the club, and I'd happily have him back (if he was happy playing 14 to start with and if the Tigers chipped in)
Ego and Attitude .....thats the issue
That ship has now sailled
Move On

dungay dragon

Juniors
We're in a pickle with Sloan because we don't have any other fullbacks so his manager can push for a higher asking price. I don't mind 500k/season for a 2 year deal. We're not stuck with the contract if he doesn't keep improving & it doesn't impact our salary cap too much considering we've got heaps of salary cap space.

It's also a good contract for Sloan, if he kicks on then he can negotiate a larger contract for the future & also gives him a bit of financial security in the short term.
Corey Allan back next year
Matt Feagai much improved
Still chasing Tallagi at the Eels
plenty of options
The Kid has heaps of ability but still Rocks n Diamonds for any extra

Parko1310

Juniors
Not sure when R Hunt becomes available but I’d expect we would be after both him and big stefano if we are half serious. Get them both, move on Lawrie and someone else if we have to.
Huge no to Royce Hunt, not what we need at all. Stefano huge yes, still only 23, will hit his peak in the next 3-4 years and will continue to improve. I'd be looking at getting Stefano as well as someone like Griffin Neame with Cowboys in a huge cap squeeze. They are going to have to take care of deals for Cotter, Robson, Holmes and Neame all off contract at the same time, with all but Holmes due big upgrades. They simply can't keep all of Robson, Neame and Cotter considering no one will take Taumalolo off their hands. Then, theoretically if we had Stefano and Neame for example in 2026, you'd be looking at T Couchman as your lock, with Ryan on the bench considering players like RFM and BMM probably aren't here anymore by then. You could even fit another current lower grade player onto the bench (Loko, Latu, Stewart, for example), and this is how you progress your younger players through into first grade

BLM01

First Grade
Any update regarding some signing news
@John moz??
Something, anything???
I have 2.
1. Not really Dragon related but was. Not really a rumour either as reported in the media but the 5-6 name shortlist for the Parra job was missing "Mary" oddly. Especially his management or media mates were on the front foot putting his name forward as soon as BA got sacked quoting how he helped coach them for 1 year when they made the GF. Surprising really.
2. And not as important but KPOS as our recruitment guy.

denis preston

First Grade
Well yes, a Sezer they signed for one season (who's well into his 30s), a Luai they hadn't landed yet and Galvin who was still at school at the time.

Also, he was specificially told that he could look elsewhere by the club, not the other way around. Sounds like Flanno wanted rid of his over inflated contract as he wouldn't be starting in FG
Same as Lomax scenario. Way too big contracts for performance.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Huge no to Royce Hunt, not what we need at all. Stefano huge yes, still only 23, will hit his peak in the next 3-4 years and will continue to improve. I'd be looking at getting Stefano as well as someone like Griffin Neame with Cowboys in a huge cap squeeze. They are going to have to take care of deals for Cotter, Robson, Holmes and Neame all off contract at the same time, with all but Holmes due big upgrades. They simply can't keep all of Robson, Neame and Cotter considering no one will take Taumalolo off their hands. Then, theoretically if we had Stefano and Neame for example in 2026, you'd be looking at T Couchman as your lock, with Ryan on the bench considering players like RFM and BMM probably aren't here anymore by then. You could even fit another current lower grade player onto the bench (Loko, Latu, Stewart, for example), and this is how you progress your younger players through into first grade
Neame and Stef would be good targets

especially if you could get one for 2025 even though both contracted till end of 2025

who knows if they have triggers or player options. The media has been saying Stef can walk end of 2024 if Tigers have not accumulated a certain amount of wins as per his contract

our hard line re trying to offload Lawrie and equally only wanting to do a year by year for JDB makes sense if we are trying to land a significant prop for 2025 still and props with years to stay

Royce Hunt is still a possibility if we can’t get Plan A above

he still has that Michael Wryman type role for us that he could do for a couple seasons at maybe $500k pa ?

Sele and Molo ain’t going to be the starting props that will get us in a GF I don’t believe

I suspect we have both FMolo and Sele at no more than $500k pa which gives us great flexibility re cap vs starting vs bench vs say lock for Sele.

they both seem to be injured quite a bit last few years and even when Sele was at our club back in the day had niggling injuries with his backs from memory?

that’s tricky for us on us having them go in and out of the team as we are not a Penrith that can carry that easily.

STEF, LIDS, NEAME
LUC, SUa
SELE

JDB, COUCHMEN, FMolo, RFM

now that looks interesting

king Toga a 2025 or 2026 prop in FG is a big question to be answered ?

move Lawrie on for 2025 / 2026

Give JDB a better $ for 2025 only

Last edited:

hewi

Bench
ALL EYES WERE ON....
The young Panthers outside backs stood no chance up against a rampaging Mikaele Ravalawa, who turned up to BlueBet Stadium on Saturday on a mission.
Ravalawa was dropped to NSW Cup for the first time since his first season with the Dragons — 2019 — after a poor defensive outing against the Bulldogs in Round 12.
NSW Cup coach Ben Woolf just wanted to see Ravalawa to bring all the good things to his game to the reserve grade team and the 26-year-old did exactly that.
With Flanagan watching on in the stands, Ravalawa took several tough carries, steamrolled a Panther to score and set up a try with a cross-field kick. He also finished with a linebreak, four tackle busts and a game-high of 232 running metres.
Also impressive in the Red V was teenage centre
Hayden Buchanan
. He was recently singled out by club legend Jason Nightingale on the Fox League Podcast as a future NRL player and the 18-year-old didn’t disappoint.
Buchanan, who captained the Steelers’ SG Ball side earlier this year and was a joint winner of their Player of the Year award, finished with a try assist, a linebreak and 128 running metres.

FROM FOXSPORTS

Latest posts