What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
I just want a half that is far better than Ben Hunt in all aspects of a game winning halfback and if need be willing to shift to say 5/8th or another position without any whinging.

Someone who can bring excitement back to the Dragons and set us up with lots of wins.

We were trying to sign his younger brother also to sweeten the deal, so if hes gone now that probably ends the debate.
Yes, the Dragons were looking at a package deal for the Talagi brothers.
Carayannis said today that he is still being courted by Parramatta, the Dolphins and the Dragons.
He gave no indication of what he might do.
He did say the Knights are no longer interested.

TheRev

First Grade
I just think if his brother is staying put, it sort of makes the decision a lot easier to keep the family unit together out west, assuming Ryles says the right things to him.

Regardless I do still want it done, cause we cant really go hard at plan b or c until it is..

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Would we like to see an unwanted Bud come back?

If it was reported accurately, he signed a 4 year deal for $22m, and is now unwanted.

Young halves take time to develop. I think he has potential and is coach-able. Problem is, Flange Jnr would have to make way or job split. But Bud/Jnr as 14 for a season until Hunt is gone is appealing. Hunt ageing and may miss a few games with Origin and injury too (he's never had a bad run with injury that I can recall).

I'd like to see what we could do with him if we got him back for the remaining 3 years of his Tigers contract and only had to pay $250k/year for him.
Not nrl standard as yet. Should ply his trade in the Uk for a couple of years.
I’d prefer to keep Marscke as halves backup, at half the price.
Might be worth trying to get AJ Brimson if becomes unsettled at titans or even Brodie Croft

Last edited:

JamesRustle

First Grade
We need to move forward, not backwards (just my thoughts)!
Generally true, but not really moving backwards to me if we lost and get back someone who hasn't really cracked a regular spot. He might have his expectations readjusted after his Tigers experience... thought he was good enough for first grade but not given opportunity at Dragons (and being "coached" by Hook), a few harshe realities at Trigers and now not picked in a shit team coming last. Reckon he's ready to knuckle down and earn his spot.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Generally true, but not really moving backwards to me if we lost and get back someone who hasn't really cracked a regular spot. He might have his expectations readjusted after his Tigers experience... thought he was good enough for first grade but not given opportunity at Dragons (and being "coached" by Hook), a few harshe realities at Trigers and now not picked in a shit team coming last. Reckon he's ready to knuckle down and earn his spot.
you answered your own question
"Not being picked in a shit team running last "
Sums it up pretty well.........

TheRev

First Grade
I dont know sometimes how these "this player is sh*t" or "that player is a gun" conclusions get made.. most of them seem to be based on a few highlight reels and how well the team they play for is going... in this case both tigers and broncos are having average years.

My main gripe with bud is his attitude and impatience.. I think he has the skillset and vision.. but attitude means a lot at this level.. and if Flanno was happy for him to go.. so be it.. sounds a bit dodgy with his UK deal anyway, very convenient for the tigers, i dont know how they convinced someone who doesnt want to go.. to move overseas when he had 4yrs of contract.

Sailor is a talented kid also, if Sloan wasnt there id back him to play tomorrow.. but I dunno if hes enough of an upgrade on Sloan to burn the 500k were paying Sloan.. id rather wait on someone with a higher ceiling.. but I do like the kid, id love to have him in the system if it worked out.. but whatevs.

randomdragon

Juniors
I dont know sometimes how these "this player is sh*t" or "that player is a gun" conclusions get made.. most of them seem to be based on a few highlight reels and how well the team they play for is going... in this case both tigers and broncos are having average years.

My main gripe with bud is his attitude and impatience.. I think he has the skillset and vision.. but attitude means a lot at this level.. and if Flanno was happy for him to go.. so be it.. sounds a bit dodgy with his UK deal anyway, very convenient for the tigers, i dont know how they convinced someone who doesnt want to go.. to move overseas when he had 4yrs of contract.

Sailor is a talented kid also, if Sloan wasnt there id back him to play tomorrow.. but I dunno if hes enough of an upgrade on Sloan to burn the 500k were paying Sloan.. id rather wait on someone with a higher ceiling.. but I do like the kid, id love to have him in the system if it worked out.. but whatevs.
Your first paragraph, you mean like your mate Jesse Williams? ;) just geeing you up hopefully he kicks on.

Nutz

Bench
Come on Saints, bring it home. If you make the finals you can go deep. You have enough cattle, a good coach and a proud supporters.
I'll be rooting for ya.

As a side note, if you love the game of golf, let me know in a msg and I'll give you a 30mm ball position marker. Made out of colorbond zinc, dragons royalty free artwork and rock hard clear gloss coating...totally free. No catch or gimmick, just a bit of good will. :)
1000003642.png

Latest posts