What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragsters

First Grade
YEP ....And we have to put up with him for Origin and the Grand Final ffs
" Thats an Origin Moment " will get a run on numerous occasions come Wednesday
I know right. The biggest games of the year (barring Anzac Day) ;) and there is no option but to put up with his whiny little bitch voice for 80 mins.

Bloody annoying...

Last edited:

BIG RIG

Juniors
Rumours are that big Nelson is leaving Melbourne , he has posted a message on Instagram saying “ all good things must come to an end “

If true , I’d say Tigers are a $1.01 to sign him with Stefano going the other way

But would be a great pickup for Flanno

If we land Saifiti , Flanno should move on Blake Lawrie and forget about Matt Lodge and move for one of either NAS or RCG

Parko1310

Juniors
Rumours are that big Nelson is leaving Melbourne , he has posted a message on Instagram saying “ all good things must come to an end “

If true , I’d say Tigers are a $1.01 to sign him with Stefano going the other way

But would be a great pickup for Flanno

If we land Saifiti , Flanno should move on Blake Lawrie and forget about Matt Lodge and move for one of either NAS or RCG
NAS would be amazing for us, but I unfortunately doubt that it will happen

TheRev

First Grade
Its possible Melbourne did a deal with the Tigers re: NAS, but im trying to see what would motivate the Storm to bother? They dont need a favour from the Tiges, and nothing would be happening before 2025.. Storm are going to be using NAS to make a tilt at the title.

I assume its not us who will get NAS given we are talking to other players.. it wont be the raiders who signed another pom.. could be the Dogs.. surely not the Rorters with their prop rotation.. that leaves perhaps Parra (via Ryles connection) or Penrith.

It’s is strange as we are post June 30 so no movement this season

but if he has been given permission to leave for 2025 season then it will shake the trees a little more re opportunity
This story about NAS has been doing the rounds for a while now.
I posted on Tuesday that Gould had mail he would not be at the Storm in 2025.
Going to the Tigers with Stefano going the other way??
A replacement at the Roosters for JWH after missing out on Fifita??
Following Ryles to the Eels??
That big name signing that Flanagan wants so bad at the Dragons??
All us Dragon's fans can do is hope.

TruSaint

Referee
How much better would our pack be by replacing Lawrie & M Molo with NAS & D Saifiti?

A lot!

Massive.

Our bad losses have been on the back on NOT being able to gain field position when on the back foot, and not having a clutch playmaker. We are in games with the cattle we have for 30-40 minutes. Look at metres gained per set, and you will see at the back end of games we are ineffective.

We just dont have the depth of metre eaters we need. It wont solve all our issues but it will be a great improvement.

FlickFlano

Juniors
doesnt matter really .. when Hunt's big play is to crab to the right and hit sua with a short ball then nothing will help. The opposition know, the fans know, my dead grandmother knows who is getting the ball.

We have the troops now, what we dont have is a half back willing to dig into the line and draw the defenders away from the pass receiver. Heaven forbid he actually dig into the line then hit the sweep player in sloan, hell might freeze over if Hunt actually thought about the team a little. I dont know why Hunt changed his shirt at half time vs the Roosters, the one he wore in the 1st half was still clean.

Dragsters

First Grade
Massive.

Our bad losses have been on the back on NOT being able to gain field position when on the back foot, and not having a clutch playmaker. We are in games with the cattle we have for 30-40 minutes. Look at metres gained per set, and you will see at the back end of games we are ineffective.

We just dont have the depth of metre eaters we need. It wont solve all our issues but it will be a great improvement.
Exactly.

We need to go large!

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
It’s a weird rubicon

No1 try assists in the NRL = Bent Hunt

No7 for line engaged in the NRL = Ben Hunt

No10 for Line break assist in the NRL = Ben Hunt

We have backs in the top 20 for tries scored

We have two backs in the top20 for PCM

……..

for me that is strong evidence that it is our defence and our forwards that are so far off the pace of the top teams.

Our forwards don’t rank in the stats at all except maybe TomE doing 60 tackles game as our ruck is continually rolled when it counts most ala Roosters

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Yes I would like to see NAS sign with the Dragons , however I believe he is the type of player that needs to be 100% motivated for each game .

Bellamy got the best out of him , however whether or not Flanagan could do the same is another question . Not suggesting that Flanno is not capable , merely thinking that big Nelson has been playing with a team with plenty of go- forward and also belief in themselves, where as at the Dragons they are still a work in progress .

Last edited:

Latest posts