What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TheRev

First Grade
agree hence saying we may want to keep Glover on as a TT

but I would need to see a significant kicking game improvement by Glover in 2025 NSW Cup

LKT looked smooth on the weekend as a half. Flano said in his pre game chat he really doesn't see a difference between a few 6 and 7 ie he said "number on their back only". Obviously different roles but doesn't matter what number u where.

Im intrigued if LKT sneaks up on us part way through 2025 NSW Cup season and starts becoming a better organiser to compliment his natural attacking game going to the line.
I mean i think Glover would be a NSW Cup only contract if he stayed.. this probably all depends if we can find better over the off-season, im just so unsure if Flanno will want to get a decent 7 into our roster for 2025.. or is he backing Hunt to go for 12 more months.... and then he has all year to REALLY focus on someone bigger for 2026.

LKT hasnt got a massive boot either, but its 'ok'... like he doesnt kick very often anyway, and he doesnt look like a talkative high-energy organising type dude.. sometimes looks like hes asleep (lets say 'chilled') in the line.. then suddenly the ball comes and he springs into gear.. but hes got a long way to go, its why i dont mind him playing fullback, it forces him to get involved all the time, which is just accelerating development I think.

With Flannos 6&7 comments.. I think its his solution to keep Hunt with a 7 on his back for perceptions sake, but actually try to get Hunt into more of a running 6 role as often as possible.. but still do the kicking it seems.. its a valid point ofcourse.. playing 1 side each.. but someones gonna have to do the organising.. and someones gonna have to do the kicking.. and thats why I dont think LKT can move up a grade without a legit 7 to handle the rest.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
I mean i think Glover would be a NSW Cup only contract if he stayed.. this probably all depends if we can find better over the off-season, im just so unsure if Flanno will want to get a decent 7 into our roster for 2025.. or is he backing Hunt to go for 12 more months.... and then he has all year to REALLY focus on someone bigger for 2026.

LKT hasnt got a massive boot either, but its 'ok'... like he doesnt kick very often anyway, and he doesnt look like a talkative high-energy organising type dude.. sometimes looks like hes asleep (lets say 'chilled') in the line.. then suddenly the ball comes and he springs into gear.. but hes got a long way to go, its why i dont mind him playing fullback, it forces him to get involved all the time, which is just accelerating development I think.
Yeah Rev LKT doesn't kick often, but I've noticed that when he does, his kicks are precise and well targeted which I like. I haven't seen enough of his long kicking to really know much but I wish we kept onto herring as well for his boot

TheRev

First Grade
RCG will be an interesting battle vs the Cowboys who ironically can only chase him now now that we have bought Val.

The Dogs you would think are very likely to land 1 of them.

BLM01

First Grade
I dont think we are out of the race with Corey, so what he was spotted at bulldogs club, the bloke has to explore his options. Heilum Luki flew down and toured our facilities and we didnt end up getting him. Dogs must be near their cap you would think (surely) and he is too big a risk to punt anyone good to get him over the line.
He will be us I am now 99% or a bit less sure. That could be in case by his manager to see if more $$$ are out there than we offered

Gardenia

Bench
The big rumour of the day isn't a rumour anymore. Dragon David has quit following the NRL. No more from now.

All the best guys. Take care of yourselves and your families. I have had enough of his total bullshit.
Oh No ;( what have I missed? what has upset you so much DD?

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
The big rumour of the day isn't a rumour anymore. Dragon David has quit following the NRL. No more from now.

All the best guys. Take care of yourselves and your families. I have had enough of his total bullshit.
Don't leave us DD. We all love reading your posts, mate. Rugby league is a cruel f**king game but the Dragons are on the up. We'll get there soon enough mate, irrespective of what Abdo, V'Landys, and the MRC think of us. As far as I'm concerned they can all go and get f**ked.