What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TheRev

Coach
ok I listened to the MMM podcast.. Read is saying we are 'tracking' towards signing RCG, likely in the next 48hrs.. he didnt think we had made an offer yet..

Maybe he knows more than hes letting on.. but lets hope Flanno doesnt worry too much about an extra 50k here.. 2yrs though i think would be very ideal.. keep him hungry like JDB.

TheRev

Coach
As for Jack Bird, I think it might be him and his manager pulling away @ 400k x2yrs.. maybe he thinks he can do better.. or maybe hes concerned about the tigers.. I feel like having a good game against the Titans upped his self-confidence/worth.

A huge point of concern here is, when we were looking for an R + R rep, Nathan Brown's name came up and people said he was happily retired up north. So why is he now the Eel's A/C with Ryles. FFS can the Dragons ever do anything right when it comes to getting the right people.
all I can think is it is basically the same rusted on board members who gave him the flick.

Probably still some bad blood!

possm

Coach
I was interested in Schuster, but with the tightness of positions, I dont think we can be signing a player who can only play 6.. I think thats why we didnt sign him... Bird/LKT/Flanno/Hunt, we have 6's in the system for next year.. I think we shoot for an organising 7 to put pressure on our halves.
Goodbye Bird
Goodbye Hunt
LKT to reserve grade in 2025

Hello Wiishart
Hello ?

qld redvee

Juniors
As for Jack Bird, I think it might be him and his manager pulling away @ 400k x2yrs.. maybe he thinks he can do better.. or maybe hes concerned about the tigers.. I feel like having a good game against the Titans upped his self-confidence/worth.
Rev, I doubt if his option with us would be close to 400 though for next year so I would think he would be seriously considering this offer as his options must be limited. And more importantly we need his topic spot for a better talent

possm

Coach
I think the couchmans will have rapid improvement over the off-season. Then you'll see the natural upward development of Loko too. I reckon F. Molo will need to show some big time improvement in the off-season to get regular 1st grade opportunities next year & Lawrie will predominantly play NSW Cup.

I can defs see our regular middle rotation as follows:

RCG/Sele/JDB/Couchmans/Loko

Then the likes of Molo, Eisenhuth, RFM, Lawrie as depth.
Maybe in 2025, we go with a front row of:
RCG and a Couchman as run-on props,
F Molo and a Couochmen tobe our bench props.
Sele on the bench at 17.
De Belin at 13

I think if we get rid of Lawrie and Bird we will be on the lookout for another prop along with RCG

D Saifiti to the Dolphins supposedly isn’t as close to being done as many think due to a disagreement over money
Meanwhile Addin Fonua Blake had no such hesitation with the Sharks who gave us a bath for what feels like the 10th time in a row.

He we are hanging on to the hope of signing players on a trajectory downwards while the good clubs keep getting all the future and present talent.

Crush

Coach
Meanwhile Addin Fonua Blake had no such hesitation with the Sharks who gave us a bath for what feels like the 10th time in a row.

He we are hanging on to the hope of signing players on a trajectory downwards while the good clubs keep getting all the future and present talent.
9 times in a row actually, but who’s counting.