What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
The moron coach we had for more than a decade, was only supposed to be a caretaker coach for the rest of the year when Price got sacked. But he hung around in the end kicking and screaming,"I'm a career coach, I can turn it around, I'm the best man for the job".
And he was only 85 mins away from a GF (his words not mine) and 165 from winning it that year
he was always confused about
that a game went fir 80 mins
The field is 100
And if tries from kicks were not allowed we may if won more games which hurt his winning %

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Mate, I get it, but whatever he brings to the group hasn't made a significant difference. The group isn't working. We came 11th. Whatever he brings, it's to a group that came 11th.
I see both sides

but he is cheap
Effective and if a younger player emerges he will be depth

I also see the downside in 2024 if TomE wasn’t doing his 60tackles a game around the ruck

jeeezzzuzzzz we might have been shredded another few games against strong teams where we had close wins

his work rate and grappling is very very good for long minutes so we can have punch with our props for shorter minutes rotating

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Betting his average was about 40/45 and remember he played major mins. He also missed plenty and vital ones, specially late in the season. His engine wear out?
Yep
Something like 38ish tackles on average

better tackle efficiency than Victor Radley the Roosters gun forward in a gun team

but hey I get it

we want better players but I suspect it is more about $ used most effectively for Flano and that will mean $ to a big prop signing if we can

We want Blocka back to this '23 form.

Lawrie enjoyed a sensational season for the Dragons having appeared in 22 games and averaged a career-high 135 run metres per game whilst making 680 total tackles at 94 per cent efficiency. Captained one round too.
Won both the Red V Members Player of the Year and the Community Involvement Award.

Jubilee

Juniors
I'll keep him in the 17 IF Dan Lawson gives him a tortuous off season in the gym. He still has the passion and heart this club needs, specially in the engine room...
Laurie lacks physical strength. Just compare his body to other players, backs or forwards, in other teams. Soft. No bum, no thighs, no upper body strength. Other teams put him on the ground easily and he doesn't have the strength to stand and offload. No hitting power.

It is six months until the new season. It isn't a long time for a body transformation, but he desperately needs a professional program of heavy squats, deadlifts and bench press, maybe clean and jerk for explosiveness. Currently, he is not at a pro level.

Mojo

Bench
Laurie lacks physical strength. Just compare his body to other players, backs or forwards, in other teams. Soft. No bum, no thighs, no upper body strength. Other teams put him on the ground easily and he doesn't have the strength to stand and offload. No hitting power.

It is six months until the new season. It isn't a long time for a body transformation, but he desperately needs a professional program of heavy squats, deadlifts and bench press, maybe clean and jerk for explosiveness. Currently, he is not at a pro level.
Is it possible to turn a sponge cake into a rock cake in 6 months?

since77

Juniors
Is it possible to turn a sponge cake into a rock cake in 6 months?
Problem is Lawrie has always been a sponge cake and I don't mean his body shape - he's just such a below average player it isn't even funny. Soft and slow in attack - always has been. Can you imagine an opposition team ever shivering in their boots knowing they were going out into battle against Blake Lawrie?

It is six months until the new season. It isn't a long time for a body transformation, but he desperately needs a professional program
Tell me why when we had returned Dan Lawson to the club , Blocka looked the only guy that had not even lifted a barbell, let alone been on a heavy get fit program like the rest??