What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Guys no sponge cake has the P C Ms Blocka has since '20. Other than '21 he has been in the NRL top 50 and that covers all players not only bookends. This season is his only where he did not make the top 100 and was not even close. I have questioned why he was way below par this year, like to know the answer. So claims is he slow, soft and always been a below average player just do not hold water.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
If this 2GB report is correct then, hallelujah. I'm not fussed on getting anyone in return, but a BHunt exit already improves our squad for next year.

It would also explain his recent form and the lack of action from us on re-signing him after SOO.

Yes, this would leave us ehort on halves, however, the obvious would be KFlan to 7 and LKT as the 6. Liddle to 14 with Cookie the starting 9. I would assume Glover and Ward would be considered as back-up.

All supposition of course, but the prospect of a BHunt exit eases the disappointment of our final few games this year.

blacksafake

First Grade
I just heard on 2GB 3pm news that Hunt has played his last game with the Dragons and has moved to the Tits for 2025.

Can anyone confirm?
Happy The Rock GIF

If True

BIG RIG

Juniors
If this 2GB report is correct then, hallelujah. I'm not fussed on getting anyone in return, but a BHunt exit already improves our squad for next year.

It would also explain his recent form and the lack of action from us on re-signing him after SOO.

Yes, this would leave us ehort on halves, however, the obvious would be KFlan to 7 and LKT as the 6. Liddle to 14 with Cookie the starting 9. I would assume Glover and Ward would be considered as back-up.

All supposition of course, but the prospect of a BHunt exit eases the disappointment of our final few games this year.
What did they say exactly ?
Where they saying it’s a done deal ?

Bronx have pulled out of the race for RCG between Sharks & Tigpies now.
Now hearing that our coach was under the impression RCG was a done deal but that his manager phoned him and said it wasnt. He was furious and hung up on him. Perhaps a touch premature and immature too

Last edited:
If we lose Hunt we need to get a solid 7. Not Kyle Flanagan who was brought as a back up hooker. I'd Like to get Wishart back. If not maybe Pezet or like a Jackson Hastings for 1-2 years and then hopefully Kade Reed could be our future 7.

SEAT 1A

Bench
This sounds more like the story coming from Andrew Johns saying Hunt to Titans, Verrills to Roosters and Wishart to Dragons.
Not sure if any of the story has any substance at all.

Read the article.

Joey wrote that we are only chasing Wishart and agree, no substance however, I'm sure I read MEL wouldn't stand in the way.

But the problem for us is at what time frame and what do they get out of it.

So, until I see Hunt signed with another team, I'm thinking he will be with us next year but at least it's in the press.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
What did they say exactly ?
Where they saying it’s a done deal ?
I had just turned the radio on and all I heard was "It looks like Ben Hunt has played his last game for the Dragons and will play for the Titans in 2025". I'm not sure if anything was mentioned before that e.g. according to Andrew Johns it looks like Ben Hunt to the tits.

Geez I hope what I heard was 100% true

BLM01

First Grade
Tell me why when we had returned Dan Lawson to the club , Blocka looked the only guy that had not even lifted a barbell, let alone been on a heavy get fit program like the rest??
Economies of scale. Not Dan Lawson to blame
Blake was obviously not doing the work required off the field with diet if he is the only one

BLM01

First Grade
Bronx have pulled out of the race for RCG between Sharks & Tigpies now.
Doubt Sharks.. they don’t need him they’ve 4 better props already in AFB BHU Hazelton Rudolph and some fringies
Let him go to Tigers if he wants 3 yrs
They are buying anything snd everything and still over paying
It will be a Klemmer type signing for them
He is not the same player since he broke his jaw understandably
I know we need middles and would have taken him for 2 yrs but was scared we were over paying as he winds down on his last NRL contract
As said before much prefer a younger DS who just may if gone a bit stale at Newcastle as been there since a kid