What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
Yep he is gone just reported now by Chammas
Not surprised really
I still remember when the dragons did the advertisement job ad basically publicly looking for a CEO.
I remember jesting at the time saying I might put in my application.
I thought professional clubs these days would look for CEOs behind-the-scenes and buy word-of-mouth etc through managers etc instead of opening up to the general public

Anyway when he was appointed and you looked at his history of a bit of AFL and I think he worked at the West Tigers before didn’t sit well with me his league past
he just hasn’t quite delivered what we needed as a CEO
hopefully onwards and upwards now unless Haran is in line for his next promotion 🤣

Dragon David

First Grade

TheRev

Coach
Solly is at loggerheads with the NRL, hate eachother.. would seem a strange choice.. but irrelivant as hes staying put.. be curious who we get.. if there is a criticism of Webb its that he doesnt really get football. I mean he talks a good game but I think hes just a puppet, I dont think he makes anything happen on his own.. bar balancing books etc.

Unsainty79

Juniors
I think the mention of Solly is just to create some headlines. A couple of others in the mix, including Peter Parr and old mate from the Supercars. Norm Black apparently getting a bit more say, too.

Interesting when the couple of articles talk about Webb essentially being responsible for the commercial activities, almost as if to say his role in the football operations was limited. Which probably rings true if you look at his CV.

Good signs to see us making some moves.

CozDragon

Juniors
I think the mention of Solly is just to create some headlines. A couple of others in the mix, including Peter Parr and old mate from the Supercars. Norm Black apparently getting a bit more say, too.

Interesting when the couple of articles talk about Webb essentially being responsible for the commercial activities, almost as if to say his role in the football operations was limited. Which probably rings true if you look at his CV.

Good signs to see us making some moves.
I think Webbs role was mainly to try and get the club in the green and making money, which he has done.
As long as the next CEO is a footy head and given the means to make the club successful instead of just being a puppet then things could be looking up moving forward.

Dragon David

First Grade
Solly has declined the position to stay working with Bennett as per Chammas news report.
Not just players knock us back, now executives!
It will be a case of -
"Positions Vacant: Recruitment and Retention Officer - Good eye for talent (not the ones with 36-24-36 shapes - silly) and
Chief Executive Officer - Good eye for detail (and yes the ones that bring big bucks to the club and knows a lot about rugby league).

All Applicants will be carefully screened to make sure they know what you are doing and that they don't back out.

Give us a try".

Illusion

Bench
In terms of Ilias, I havent watched him in ages, we need 2 halfbacks to come in.. if hes coming in as the depth halfback.. then thats fine.. he would be a huge step up on Marchke, and might well prove to be our longterm 6 or 7.

I'm not getting too excited though as just cause we are talking to managers doesnt mean much, Flanno is tighter than a drum, hes only picking blokes up if they are priced where he wants them...
How about this guy Te Maire Martin ?

SAP58

Juniors
God I hope it's Peter Parr who gets the gig!!!
Knights are currently saying their cap is a mess & needs rectification which is why they went hard for POS. Maybe all the issues were there before Peter Parr’s time, I think he started with Newcastle a couple of years ago so the overspending happened before he started. He has a lot of football experience which is what we need now that the finances are in order. Certainly need a hard head & someone that can fix & clean out the football department to help Flanno.

Ieatass

Juniors
How about this guy Te Maire Martin ?
He's going to be the Warriors first choice halfback next year with SJ retiring, zero chance of him leaving for 2025.

If Hunt does end up getting released don't be surprised if we end up running with a K Flanagan and a King-Togia halves combination with a Ilias or Boyd (or whoever we sign for halves depth) as back up. At the moment our best choice is to hang on to hunt for next year and make a play for a half for 2026, even then there's barely anything to get excited about on the off contract list with Jake Clifford, Te Maire Martin, DCE, Adam Reynolds and Sam Walker more then likely retiring or choosing to re-sign with their current clubs.

Wouldn't mind Flanagan having a talk with Melbourne officials to enquire about them releasing Jonah Pezet for 2025 if Hunt does end up leaving in the off season.