What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

He also said Saints will be making an announcement on a a big signing very soon. Would not say who it is but did say he was a gun forward.
I`m gonna hold you to that.
serious cat GIF

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I`m gonna hold you to that.
serious cat GIF
I hope it is true. I was throwing a lot of names at him and he never budged. This guy could be full of it as well as he also told me Hunt was gone last year. He was adamant he played his last season but to be fair he told me that before Flanno spoke to Ben Hunt.

He did tell me that Flanno would be coach before it was announced so that is why I am holding hope he is correct with this one as well. He also did say Flanno is working hard behind the scenes and work is definitely being done to strengthen the squad. The Illias one is in it's early stages so it may be a while till that gets finalised.

mattw5

Juniors
The person that told me about Illias also said Saints are looking good to get Wishart for 2026 but want him earlier. Illias was not going to cost much apparently. He also said Saints will be making an announcement on a a big signing very soon. Would not say who it is but did say he was a gun forward. How reliable this guy is I don't know but does have ties with some people in player management.

From memory, Illias before copping the injury was absolutely killing it in KOE. A step above all other halves and clearly stood out a class above. Under Flanno he will improve like all players have. He is worth a punt if they get him cheap. I would say he is a better option than Glover or Reed/Ward for now until they developed.

Hope you are right!!!

Dragon David

First Grade
I used to talk to my Dad about certain things in life and a couple of things I asked him were -
What are my chances of winning first prize in Powerball? and his answer to that was that if I played my cards right I have a good chance of winning. Make sure you stick to the same Powerball Number in every game you play. I am still waiting for that big win.

The other thing I asked of him in 2002, even though he wasn't a follower of league as much as me (his interest was in most sports and his love was the sport of kings), was will the Dragons ever win a grand final again? to which he replied - they should and they will and he was right because they won in 2010, 7 years after he passed away in 2003.

Now I hope that my father has passed that feeling on to me and I am saying that we should win a grand final and will but unfortunately won't be until something happens to me like it did to my Dad.

Illusion

Bench
I used to talk to my Dad about certain things in life and a couple of things I asked him were -
What are my chances of winning first prize in Powerball? and his answer to that was that if I played my cards right I have a good chance of winning. Make sure you stick to the same Powerball Number in every game you play. I am still waiting for that big win.

The other thing I asked of him in 2002, even though he wasn't a follower of league as much as me (his interest was in most sports and his love was the sport of kings), was will the Dragons ever win a grand final again? to which he replied - they should and they will and he was right because they won in 2010, 7 years after he passed away in 2003.

Now I hope that my father has passed that feeling on to me and I am saying that we should win a grand final and will but unfortunately won't be until something happens to me like it did to my Dad.
Hay old mate nothing is going to happen to you and we will be around to see our next Grand Final win soon ....... I have a feeling things are changing so stay strong and lets get our Premiership ........

Parko1310

Juniors
I wonder if Tom Jenkins is on our radar. Looked ok in Penrith system before going to the knights. Has some size and pace as outside back depth
If Averillo isn't possible, I'd maybe look at Enari Tuala ahead of Tom Jenkins. Underrated player, not going to be an absolute star but if we're looking at players that can cover wing and centre and fill in well, then I'd much rather Tuala. Knights seem to be okay with letting him go

TheRev

Coach
to be fair.. a lot of the rumours that don't come off are based on truth, and I still like knowing we are out there trying.. but there are 2 things at play:

1) We can target a player we want.. I mean we target a lot of them.. its a slim chance we actually pull it off.. and even when we do, many are still in contract, so their club can say no.. such as Woolford at the start of the season... and the idea of Wishart coming early.. I cant see the Storm allowing that.

2) Even if we look like we have them locked.. things can change.. we had Holmes, then almost lost him and Flanno had to head up to nqld to seal it.. by all accounts we had RCG.. but then at the last minute.. the broncos stuck their noses in and suddenly the deal was harpooned..

Things change rapidly.. and unfortunately we're not a desirable destination .. so its very hard to get these deals closed.. and its never a quick process.

TheRev

Coach
In terms of Ilias, I havent watched him in ages, we need 2 halfbacks to come in.. if hes coming in as the depth halfback.. then thats fine.. he would be a huge step up on Marchke, and might well prove to be our longterm 6 or 7.

I'm not getting too excited though as just cause we are talking to managers doesnt mean much, Flanno is tighter than a drum, hes only picking blokes up if they are priced where he wants them...

Dragon David

First Grade
Hay old mate nothing is going to happen to you and we will be around to see our next Grand Final win soon ....... I have a feeling things are changing so stay strong and lets get our Premiership ........
Yes, I'll be hanging in there. It is really something to look forward to and it just keeps me going.

Success big time will come.

Dragon David

First Grade
I hope it is true. I was throwing a lot of names at him and he never budged. This guy could be full of it as well as he also told me Hunt was gone last year. He was adamant he played his last season but to be fair he told me that before Flanno spoke to Ben Hunt.

He did tell me that Flanno would be coach before it was announced so that is why I am holding hope he is correct with this one as well. He also did say Flanno is working hard behind the scenes and work is definitely being done to strengthen the squad. The Illias one is in it's early stages so it may be a while till that gets finalised.
I do like surprises especially when not expected. Big ones are best. LOL

Latest posts