What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TheRev

Coach
Fogarty isnt available.. and has a Club Option for 2026.. if we could get him for next season i'd be keen.. but he will be 31 later this year, I dont think the Raiders are in a hurry to let him go.. and hes probably the starting 7 ahead of Sanders & Strange.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
A guy that is available next season and Saints can get ASAP is Atkinson from the Sharks. That is a more realistic option. Maybe Pezet from the Storm. They are the 2 to go for.

TheRev

Coach
Literally 'Noone' is available.. no good players are left off-contract to be signed up at short-notice, particularly spine members.. let alone halfbacks.

There are 3 scenarios:
1) We need a trade to take place (where Hunt + the other player + both clubs agree to it)
2) We need to agitate someone like an Atkinson to request permission to leave early (and have it granted)
3) We keep hunt for 1 more season

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Apparently Hynes has a 6 year contract on 1 million a season? Wow. That is a lot for a guy who may drop in value significantly if the Sharks keep bombing out of finals.

Hynes has won Daly M and I think will come good. Maybe Flanno can tempt a swap of Ben Hunt for Hynes. Get the Sharks to chip in 200k for each remaining year after Hunt.

Personally I think Flanno can sort his confidence out and make him a star where as I don't think Fitzy can and Hynes at his peak is top 5 material. Just a thought.

TheRev

Coach
Apparently Hynes has a 6 year contract on 1 million a season? Wow. That is a lot for a guy who may drop in value significantly if the Sharks keep bombing out of finals.

Hynes has won Daly M and I think will come good. Maybe Flanno can tempt a swap of Ben Hunt for Hynes. Get the Sharks to chip in 200k for each remaining year after Hunt.

Personally I think Flanno can sort his confidence out and make him a star where as I don't think Fitzy can and Hynes at his peak is top 5 material. Just a thought.
I couldnt believe the length remaining of Hynes's deal.. it makes him unsellable.. its 5 more years left.. at around 1mill per season.. they kind of rly have to just back him.. but it might help agitate Atkinson or Trindall.. but they seem pretty happy right now also... and every club needs 3 halves.

I think Hynes could be a great 6 or 1, and he might be worth that money.. hes surely a huge step up from Hunt.. but yeah I dunno if we would go down that path, even if the sharks are actually trying to move him on.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Literally 'Noone' is available.. no good players are left off-contract to be signed up at short-notice, particularly spine members.. let alone halfbacks.

There are 3 scenarios:
1) We need a trade to take place (where Hunt + the other player + both clubs agree to it)
2) We need to agitate someone like an Atkinson to request permission to leave early (and have it granted)
3) We keep hunt for 1 more season

Option 3 is probably where we are atm
Not saying that won't change come Nov1.

Illusion

Bench
Filter knocked the stuffing out of the guy in SOO Haynes took the blame for Filters ( no idea how to coach ) F**K-UPS ....... The guy had to steer a team around with 12 players for most of the game ...... Yep his confidence my be down but he will shake it off ...... So would I swap him for Hunt , well it's a big yes from me .......

Latest posts