What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

You know what shits me off, the fact that the media is saying that if Hunt leaves we lose our marquee man, FFS he hasnt been a marquee man since he got to the Dragons. Marquee men stand up when they are needed, lead when they need to lead, spill blood for the team when they need to. Does this bear any resemblance to I have asked for a release when I'm playing SOO, I cant manage a game, I go missing when the team needs my leadership, I'm clueless about what I have to do on the field at certain times, my behaviour as captain is deplorable. If Hunt is as bad as it gets, then end this saga, f$#k him off
jd how dare you pinch my words. Slap on wrist for you old mate.;)

Parko1310

Juniors
Cobbo's got a lot of talent and a high ceiling for sure, but at big money is not a risk I'd be willing to take in Flano's position. If he were to leave QLD, I think he would struggle down in Sydney big time from what I can gather of his personality. Plus, whilst we need an outside back, we should be spending bigger in the forwards. We don't need to throw 800k plus at a back.

Dragon David

First Grade
Cobbo's got a lot of talent and a high ceiling for sure, but at big money is not a risk I'd be willing to take in Flano's position. If he were to leave QLD, I think he would struggle down in Sydney big time from what I can gather of his personality. Plus, whilst we need an outside back, we should be spending bigger in the forwards. We don't need to throw 800k plus at a back.
I agree with you Parko. I can't put my finger on it just at the moment, but Cobbo at many times looks vacant like he is in a reverie. He has a big body and can motor but as you say, we need good money for some stronger middle forwards to lead the way for our team to become more resilient which we have been lacking in for a good time.

justadragon

Bench
I expect a huge miss will be Josh Schuster. What a bargain pickup for South’s at $140k for a year!! Surely he was worth the gamble. Time will tell, but I am pretty confident once his head is right he will be high quality next year covering 13 and 6
I agree with you JJ, but I also think that WB is possibly the only coach that could get him right, not that I underestimate Flanno, I just dont think he has the time to deal with both Schuster and Hunt. Anyway time will tell what the master has achieved with him.

TheRev

Coach
If Cobbo could have been bought as a fullback, I think he has a great frame for it... but I also agree he will really struggle out of brisbane, and I don't think he has the maturity for a spine/leadership role.. hence I dont think hes a good fit for us.. despite being an obviously huge upgrade talent wise.

Last edited:

since77

Juniors
I think he'd be a long term problem outside of Brisbane.
While we need some backs we could buy the best back in every position in the backline and it would be pointless without upgrading our front rowers first. If we go into next season with the same front row options we'll finish exactly where we did this year.

Dragon David

First Grade
Well the off season is starting to get interesting. While JAC's Bulldogs were still in it before they got beaten by the Sea Eagles, to my delight, and he could have been in the team had he not stepped down and lying that he was innocent about that white stuff - we now have Josh Papalii being referred to the NRL Integrity Unit for an alleged misdemeanour down in the ACT.

There are months yet before the comp starts again in 2025. I'm sure that we will have more stories like these to come.

BLM01

First Grade
Well the off season is starting to get interesting. While JAC's Bulldogs were still in it before they got beaten by the Sea Eagles, to my delight, and he could have been in the team had he not stepped down and lying that he was innocent about that white stuff - we now have Josh Papalii being referred to the NRL Integrity Unit for an alleged misdemeanour down in the ACT.

There are months yet before the comp starts again in 2025. I'm sure that we will have more stories like these to come.
Papa has retired anyway

BLM01

First Grade
Cobbo would be too much like Latrell imo he would struggle in Sydney he needs to be close to his family.
Latrell has been in Sydney environment for many years now
it’s only since his matured with a family and kids that seems to be having more indiscretions off the field as far back as the Covid violation
But is the Brisbane environment, which is not his direct home that much worse than Sydney?

Latest posts