What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

SnowDragon

Juniors
Gutho is all effort and you would think that he is a good leader to help develop players, and could fill in in places. Much depends on money, and what role he accepts,but my big concern, like others here, is where does he fit in?

i don’t want to bring in road blocks. I want us to develop players like Sloan and LTK, work on pathways And make the young guys know that if they perform a jersey is there for the taking. Holmes was a different thing as it filled a gap we needed, cook gives us depth at hooker, but can also be used in a 1-2 punch with Liddle, but Gutho seems an odd shaped peg for the team

rasaint

Juniors
Agree with Coffs Dragon. Gutherson a good player but can we stop buying 30+ years old players, past their best with injuries. I don’t want to be paying Gutherson anything over $500k at this point in his career.

qld redvee

Juniors
Agree with Coffs Dragon. Gutherson a good player but can we stop buying 30+ years old players, past their best with injuries. I don’t want to be paying Gutherson anything over $500k at this point in his career.
next year he is on about 900 thou according to the experts . so flanno offers a 2 year deal how much do you pay him year 2 ? If he accepted 500 k then probably good sticking point is salary next year so he wont want to drop too much

Jubilee

Juniors
next year he is on about 900 thou according to the experts . so flanno offers a 2 year deal how much do you pay him year 2 ? If he accepted 500 k then probably good sticking point is salary next year so he wont want to drop too much
They say his contract at 900k runs only one more year. He is 31. So offer 600k for the next two years and Parra can top up the 300k for 2025. Parra moves him on at a moderate price. Gutho gets his 900k for 2025 plus one last season at 500k or 600k. He won't bludge in 2026 since he isn't that type of guy. Problem is if he blocks LKT as a full time 5/8 in 2026.

Also, do we have any slots available?

maestro1

Bench
Gutho is all effort and you would think that he is a good leader to help develop players, and could fill in in places. Much depends on money, and what role he accepts,but my big concern, like others here, is where does he fit in?

i don’t want to bring in road blocks. I want us to develop players like Sloan and LTK, work on pathways And make the young guys know that if they perform a jersey is there for the taking. Holmes was a different thing as it filled a gap we needed, cook gives us depth at hooker, but can also be used in a 1-2 punch with Liddle, but Gutho seems an odd shaped peg for the team

Gutho is also good with the refs. He knows how to keep them honest. He is one of the smartest users of the captain's challenge. Hunt hasn't been good in this area. Gutho makes sure the refs don't take the piss out of his team.

TheRev

Coach
I reckon were gonna be burning well over 1mil in unspent cap the way we r going.. which we can use to buy out some contracts (lawrie etc) and potentially easily afford gutho if both parties r up for it.

The issue is we literally cannot sign anyone... anyone... so were gonna have to take the scraps we can work with where we are the only bidder.

mattw5

Juniors
I reckon were gonna be burning well over 1mil in unspent cap the way we r going.. which we can use to buy out some contracts (lawrie etc) and potentially easily afford gutho if both parties r up for it.

The issue is we literally cannot sign anyone... anyone... so were gonna have to take the scraps we can work with where we are the only bidder.
Give the club some credit if someone told me last year Flanno would get Damien Cook & Val Holmes for 2025 i would of said your dreaming.

denis preston

First Grade
Why would anyone want the Fox? Done for drugs and driving while under the influence of said drugs, lied to management about it, and made fools of the people who stood up for him. All trust now is gone. For that matter, why would we want Gutho? A very good player but his best years are behind him and he's running on old legs. He's got nothing to prove so he won't be motivated to play well for us. Like buying an old second hand car, we'd be taking on someone else's problems.
Remember, Haran is still with us!

Give the club some credit if someone told me last year Flanno would get Damien Cook & Val Holmes for 2025 i would of said your dreaming.
This was Flanno`s modus operandi at the Sharks as well wasn`t it. A sprinkling of mature quality effort players who he knew would set an example for the younger blokes, Luke Lewis probably being the best example.

Latest posts