What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
DINO, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TURN YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF FOR THE TITLES. IT'S BLOODY ANNOYING FOR THE REST OF US.

Drakon

Juniors
Agreed. Posting that link was too stupid. Any chance you could post the article? The link takes me to a part of their website that is information gathering for marketing.
The link worked for me.

Storm Identify Replacement For Cooper Cronk
On their wish list.
19 Hrs
cooper-cronk-getty-800.jpg

(Image: Getty)

Melbourne will attempt to bring St George Illawarra co-captain Gareth Widdop back to replace the departing Cooper Cronk, if they cannot sign in-demand star Kieran Foran.

The Storm are chasing Foran, but if they fail to sign him Widdop is next on their list, according to a smh.com.au report.

Cronk is leaving the Storm and moving to Sydney at the end of the year to be closer to his fiancee, Tara Rushton.

The Storm earmarked Foran as their first-choice replacement for Cronk, but they will be one of many clubs trying to secure his services for next season, alongside Canterbury, Newcastle and the Warriors.

They have placed Widdop, who played 70 matches for the Storm from 2010 to 2013, next on their priority list.

The report suggests Widdop is open to a return to the Storm, and has been considering it.

dino2170

Juniors
Agreed. Posting that link was too stupid. Any chance you could post the article? The link takes me to a part of their website that is information gathering for marketing.
If you click the link and the click 2mmm LOGO you will see the article.

GC Dragon

Juniors
Well the club has a Tigers type situation with Dugan , Widdop and Packer all off contract at the same time . With them all under the same management .

By the end of last year it was very plain to see that Packer was our best front rower and should have been extended then .

The Dugan deal should have been put to bed before the season started . He has been our best player for the last 3 years easily .

The Widdop situation has arisen because he is in career best form and other clubs are suddenly taking notice . But he should be the only big name must keep player we are now working with to keep . The other two should have been locked away well and truly months ago .

Brutalitops

Juniors
If we lose both Dugan and Widdop, doesn't that just about free up $1.3 million?

I would rather sign both or one, but if we lose both surely that money is thrown at Foran or Tedesco right?

SaintPauli

Juniors
Keeping both Widdop and Dugan looks a difficult task unless they both accept less from other clubs or codes. We may have to concentrate on one of the two. From Dugans asking offer its likely he is the one to leave. Unless Doust does a miracle.

ALSGI

Bench
The only people that know are the people involved. Millward's interview indicates they're working on the 3 of them as a priority. That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Speculation from media is just garbage.
Just hope Millward can keep updating us.

Coffs dragon

Bench
The big thing going in the Storms favour is Mrs Widdop is a Melbourne girl and her family all live there as well.
Happy wife = Happy life
She may have the deciding vote along with Gareth's 10% agent.

Ace-STi

Juniors
Ps the real winners are the papers making huge $$ off these dodgy articles that 1/4 actually land....

Lets Link him to 4 clubs when he ends up at one - "we had the scoop"

Gippsy

Bench
Our squad is just starting to look pretty strong, even stronger next year with Hunt joining. The sides that challenge for the premiership usually keep pretty much the same side for at least a few years, and that's where we're at now. It's a no brainer, keep McInnes, Hunt Widdop and Duges for the spine with the bulk of this years side, especially the forwards. Let go some of the fringe first graders and replace them with the youngsters coming through.

possm

Coach
widdop going back to melbourne doesn't make sense. he left that club for a reason.
I'm sure Widdop and Dugan would stay if the Dragons came close to meeting their demands. Storm will match their request with an offer which includes TPA. When will our club wake up. All that's required is to do the same.

Crush

Coach
Cool, if Widdop goes to storm we get a new captain right? I'm thinking either JDB, Thommo or Frizz