What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

possm

Coach
they will stay knowing there is a premiership just around the corner.
The Melbourne Club is run much more professionally.
The Melbourne Club has a better coach.
The Melbourne Club has a better recent finals participation record.
The Melbourne Club will pay Widdop his asking price.
I could go on but I won't.

The simple answer is TPA.

possm

Coach
I think Dragons will keep
DUGAN
Widdop
Packer
Lafai
Mann I'm not sure about though

The club is travelling too well to leave -
So your saying that the Dragons will keep Dugan on less money because we are a better club, have a better coach and have a better chance to win a GF even though we have not secured the contracts of Widdop and Packer.

Same as above for Widdop to the Storm.

Dragon for life

Juniors
Keeping both Widdop and Dugan looks a difficult task unless they both accept less from other clubs or codes. We may have to concentrate on one of the two. From Dugans asking offer its likely he is the one to leave. Unless Doust does a miracle.
Just throwing it out there, could we swap Widdop for Cronk? Would prefer someone with a decent kicking game.

SaintElroy

Juniors
The Melbourne Club is run much more professionally.
The Melbourne Club has a better coach.
The Melbourne Club has a better recent finals participation record.
The Melbourne Club will pay Widdop his asking price.
I could go on but I won't.

The simple answer is TPA.

Possum mate, can you just run out and grab us a couple of million in tpa's to give to the boys and help doustie sort this out , today preferably?

Cheers ,

Brian Johnstone

silverex

Bench
Possum mate, can you just run out and grab us a couple of million in tpa's to give to the boys and help doustie sort this out , today preferably?

Cheers ,

Brian Johnstone

Yes, as possm says, the simple answer is TPAs.

But how do you get them if no-one is offering them?

I don't think you can just pop down the street and pick them up at the local IGA. There has to be wealthy companies or individuals who love the Dragons so much that they want to show their love by throwing their hard earned at the club.

If there are none coming forward, what else can you do?

possm

Coach

Cheers ,

Brian Johnstone
Hello Brian,
Thanks for the note, I'm glad you recognise the problem. Please just get off your arse and speak with the multitude of businesses you are in contact with and get this done.

That's we the Club is paying you the big bucks.

Possm

hazzbeen

Bench
Hello Brian,
Thanks for the note, I'm glad you recognise the problem. Please just get off your arse and speak with the multitude of businesses you are in contact with and get this done.

That's we the Club is paying you the big bucks.

Possm
Possm this is why we cant compete with the top clubs , our negotiators are not smart enough ....

brokendigit

Juniors
Chicken & the egg. You can't line up TPAs unless you have a product/team that deserves sponsor's dollars. And it's difficult to create a team that warrants sponsor's attention, unless you've got a marketable product/team.
At the moment, apart from a promising start, we don't have a product that will guarantee a return on investment. Melb & Bris do,
However, in another 10 weeks or so (if we maintain a similar W/L ratio) sponsors may be more willing to stick their hands in their pockets. Let's hope by then we haven't lost key players.

possm

Coach
Chicken & the egg. You can't line up TPAs unless you have a product/team that deserves sponsor's dollars. And it's difficult to create a team that warrants sponsor's attention, unless you've got a marketable product/team.
At the moment, apart from a promising start, we don't have a product that will guarantee a return on investment. Melb & Bris do,
However, in another 10 weeks or so (if we maintain a similar W/L ratio) sponsors may be more willing to stick their hands in their pockets. Let's hope by then we haven't lost key players.
Not so. You set up a company or trust with interested business people or trustees to manage funds donated or pledged.

Funds are collected or pledges documented. Once the Club tables an offer to a marquee player, contact the player manager and inform him of the prospective TPA. All down hill from there.

ALSGI

Bench
Not so. You set up a company or trust with interested business people or trustees to manage funds donated or pledged.

Funds are collected or pledges documented. Once the Club tables an offer to a marquee player, contact the player manager and inform him of the prospective TPA. All down hill from there.
Young Millward Hornby Young and associates ?