1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

The Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by John moz, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Eatons Hill Dragon

Eatons Hill Dragon Juniors

Maybe it’s Lachlan Maranta in disguise.

St Tangles, Gareth67 and TruSaint like this.
  2. TruSaint

TruSaint Coach

Sealed it then.
    3 year deal with 3 year option in players favour.

3. redVinme

redVinme Juniors

Hands like feet and can't hold a spot in a terrible bronc side

4. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Bench

Hopefully a certain team that may or may not wear a red V could put in an offer for Coates.

blacksafake and Dragonsamy like this.
  5. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

Only seen him a few times & this along with his off field record I hope we stay well away from him.

St Tangles, redv13, RedVee and 4 others like this.
  6. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

If he has any of daddy’s demeanor , then as you have said the Dragons had best give him a very wide berth indeed .

7. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

But we do need a good boot up the backside....or a finger out...might fit in like a glove

Gareth67, St Tangles and blacksafake like this.
  8. since77

since77 Juniors

Yeah sounds like poor AFB he has really changed huh ? He's not reformed. He's a thug.

9. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

FMD get a sense of reality.
    He swore at a NRL ref over a dumb arse mistake that was made twice.

Hardly makes him a thug and if it does then every person who ever swore at a ref is a thug as that is obviously your criteria for determining such matters.

No doubt he used a very poor choice of words in his description of the ref and I am sure we would all agree that term is used wrongly and very widely in our community.

10. since77

since77 Juniors

He is obviously a Neanderthal who has no control over his temper. That’s how a defenceless woman was assaulted......... Seeing a pattern here?
    No wonder your nickname is Old Timer, your attitude belongs in another era - an era where its ok to hit women and use a disgusting denigration of disabled people to insult a referee half his size.

Wacky and pinball_collector like this.
  11. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

You are kidding yourself a pattern FMD he sprayed the ref he didnt threaten him.

You like another poster in this place want to tag me with something that is incorrect.

I never ever said it was ok to hit women and I have stoutly defended women when they have been in a threatening situation so get your facts correct.

AFB admitted his guilt and went about rehabilitating himself unlike many who have played NRL and also some who had worn the Big Red V for many a year.

His actions were profoundly wrong but for all accounts thus far since then he has been a model citizen as testified by his partner who has stuck with him and had another child with him surely you would have to think she would be a fair judge as to where AFB is now?

Obviously you are another that likes to complicate matters by drawing a long bow between DV and him slagging a referee which is just ludicrous.

In the heat of the moment he gave the ref a gob full and sadly used a word which should never have been used but as I said before is sadly much used in society.

If he had of said "f#ck# you you just robbed us" or similar would that have been acceptable?

If not why have you never spoken out before about players spraying refs ala James Graham and others.

blacksafake, BLM01 and Dragonsamy like this.
  12. redv13

redv13 Juniors

Nicely put OT

slippery5, BLM01 and Dragonsamy like this.
  13. dragon thomo

dragon thomo Juniors

I would take Fonua Blake back no questions asked.
    Will be one of the best props in the game in the next few years.

14. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

OT..the outraged PC brigade and rugby league media cant wait to latch onto someone stepping out of line from an onfield incident that should stay be between the ref, the club + player involved and judiciary.
    No ref should be sworn at or abused in any shape or form but there are NRL and internal punishments and post apoligies for all that..not external villification

Old Timer likes this.
  15. RedVDave

RedVDave Bench

AFB was rightfully sacked one thing that annoys me to end though is when clubs do the right thing and other clubs reap the rewards:

-Raiders sacked Carney chooks picked him up on a great deal ... learnt nothing.
    -We sacked AFB manly get him becomes a rep player ...in hot water again learnt nothing.
    -Sharks sack Ben Barba goes to the UK on a rich deal signs with cowboys gets sacked again straight away ... learnt nothing.
    -Broncos sack Seymour signs with sharks then gets sacked by sharks for another drinking misdemeanor ... learnt nothing.

Other clubs shouldn't benefit from a player being rightfully sacked, the NRL should implement a year ban or provide the club with some salary cap relief for doing the right thing as soon as their contract gets torn up another club swoops in gets them on the cheap and reap the benefits from another doing the right thing.

Wacky and Crush like this.
  16. SBD82

SBD82 Coach

I love the “PC brigade” line that gets thrown around. It’s an easy excuse for people who still want the freedom to be an arsehole, without facing any criticism.

The expression that AFB used isn’t ok. That’s not “PC gone mad” or whatever other label you care to give it. It’s just a bit of human decency to not punch down.

Wacky, Brutalitops, RedVDave and 4 others like this.
  17. muzby

muzby Village Idiot Staff Member

So you’ve just doubled down on your defence of a domestic violence perpetrator OT..

Whilst I admire your loyalty, your morals belong in a cesspool.

It is not okay to hit a woman.

It is definitely not okay to hit a pregnant woman.

It is not okay to demean people with disabilities by using the words AFB used to insinuate inferiority.

So much for your whole rehabilitation rant.

BTW, if you want to refer to my opinion in this matter, I’m happy for you to put my name up there in opposition to your stance.. You don’t have to refer to me as “another poster”..

I make no apologies for my stance against domestic violence.

since77 likes this.
  18. muzby

muzby Village Idiot Staff Member

And whilst we’re discussing the Neanderthal that calls himself Addin, his treatment of Molan is just more bullying.

Yes, her making fun of islander names was stupid, wrong & she needed to apologise.

His response was nothing but further bullying of women.

A more mature response would have been to call her out & ask for an audience to speak with her on a broadcast to explain why it was offensive & to ask for an apology..

But as I said, that would be a mature response..

since77 likes this.
  19. redv13

redv13 Juniors

Bit like yourself orange man. You have plenty of form for bullying on here. You shit stir like it’s going out of fashion then rant and rave about threads being derailed. Pot kettle...

Wacky, Dragonsamy and BLM01 like this.
  20. redv13

redv13 Juniors

Can you please show me where OT said it was ok to hit women?? If I’ve missed it I’ll gladly apologise and wear it....

Dragonsamy, blacksafake and Old Timer like this.