1. Out Now:

The next edition of our exclusive weekly online e-magazine is here. The Front Row is your ideal guide to NRL Round 13 and Super League Round 8, with news, features, results, reports, teamlists, match stats and previews to accompany your weekend of footy viewing ahead.

This week's feature story is a history piece from Andrew Ferguson, with an insight into the life of the man who refereed the first NSWRFL first grade match in 1908 - Ted Hooper.

There's all the regular bits - the crossword and word jumbles, last week's wrap of results, reports, the ladder, stats leaders, match review and player of the year; plus your match program, with teamlists, player stats, head-to-head stats, match info and a full preview of every game of the NRL. There's also a detailed Super League program section.

EDITION 11 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

The Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by John moz, Apr 5, 2017.

1. denis preston

denis preston Bench

How about EVERYONE COOL IT !

Salty have you got a juicy bit of gossip that can revive this thread ?

Mjab, getsmarty, Gareth67 and 5 others like this.
  2. qld redvee

qld redvee Juniors

now that Elliott has a dislocated shoulder I think we should look drop off signing him Rudolph would have been a nice pick up from the gummies

3. slippery5

slippery5 Juniors

Obviously their are some retirees out there that have nothing else to do, or argue with.
    Let it go Boys.

Mjab, Dragon David, RedVDave and 4 others like this.
  4. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Juniors

I would have a crack at Green and Tamou, and piss Norman off. Not world beaters but could be good for a year helping us bring along Sullivan, Clune and Blacker.

BBTB and Dragonsamy like this.
  5. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

Dont like Tamou...another gentle giant..who just plays for stats at the big money he is on.
    Their is a reason Panthers only want to offer him 1 more year...that may be it for him
    There is better younger front rowers that would be available or be swayed to be coached by ?...next year
    Green..yeh..na good player... in his twilight years...but can see his value for a year then back up

6. redv13

redv13 Juniors

I’d take Green for 2 years instead of Norman. He can take control and guide Clune. Maybe have a crack at Jack Hetherington from Penrith. Maybe throw Boyd from GC a lifeline for cheap coin

7. Dragonsamy

Dragonsamy Bench

Forbes
    Like the idea off green for a year or so.
    He has been in the Melbourne system and is very professional.
    He would help bring along Young Guns like Sully and Wishart, even sailor and help clune.
    For me no to Tamou we need some mongrel and he doesn't seem to have a lot of that imo

Lord Teddy Goodwin and BBTB like this.
  8. Dragonsamy

Dragonsamy Bench

Like Jack Hetherington plenty of mongrel and that is what we need

9. Forbes Creek Dragons

Green is the one I’m more after, but I think a few older blokes is what we need. Someone to mentor our younger guys but can still cut it. Graham was good in a mentoring sense but he just wasn’t making metres anymore. Green still has an excellent kicking game and footballing brain. Tamou has been playing well for Penrith this season and is still making an impact so I wouldn’t be totally against it. Don’t want too many pathway blocking players just some experience in around our young blokes.

10. Overseas dragon

Overseas dragon Juniors

what we really need is for that mongrel McGREGOR TO LEAVE

Mjab, sco22, BBTB and 9 others like this.
  11. redVinme

redVinme Juniors

Be nice to get a few players. Senior or not that have actually won a premiership. Players that know what it takes to go all the way. We are desperately missing that

12. Dr Fruitbasket Returns

Dr Fruitbasket Returns Juniors

No reserve graders, we've signed and re-signed too many. Always be looking at best on market, always be asking "can this player play a role in a team winning the premiership in the next three years?".

As long as we're talking about signing dopes like Green we're surrendering to mediocrity. That's the kind of plank Millward would sign and it's why we're in the position we're currently in.

BBTB and Wacky like this.
  13. Runner

Runner Juniors

Blake Green will be 34 in September. I know he has been good for the Warriors this year but I think he is too old for us to take on at this stage of his career.

14. SBD82

SBD82 Coach

Is he truly 34? Bloody hell.

If not for his age he’d be a great signing. Better game manager than any other half at the club.

blacksafake and Dragonsamy like this.
  15. qld redvee

qld redvee Juniors

how about the club does something really worthwhile and try to get andrew Johns to come and mentor our young halves ,,,, that way we dont need to sign a journeyman for 1 or 2 years and effectively block the kids ..... ditto for a prop / edge forward to mentor our young forwards

but best thing would be a coach

Blood&Bandage likes this.
  16. Runner

Runner Juniors

Yes it surprised me as well. According to Wikipedia he started in 2007 with Parramatta and has been at 6 NRL clubs and 2 English Super League clubs.

Dragonsamy and SBD82 like this.
  17. redv13

redv13 Juniors

Well he puts our 29 year old 900k 5/8 to shame

18. Forbes Creek Dragons

Never too old be coached by your worst coach.

blacksafake and redVinme like this.
  19. BBTB

BBTB Juniors

Yes, Norman doesn't seem to do enough.
    Rarely runs, and when he does... Sits down like a chicken, at the slightest sign of anyone tackling him.
    Looks Scared. :chicken:

20. Runner

Runner Juniors

We can only hope that isn't an option for anyone who plays with us next year and our current coach is just an unpleasant memory.

Dragonsamy and BBTB like this.