1. Out Now:

The next edition of our exclusive weekly online e-magazine is here. The Front Row is your ideal guide to NRL Round 13 and Super League Round 8, with news, features, results, reports, teamlists, match stats and previews to accompany your weekend of footy viewing ahead.

This week's feature story is a history piece from Andrew Ferguson, with an insight into the life of the man who refereed the first NSWRFL first grade match in 1908 - Ted Hooper.

There's all the regular bits - the crossword and word jumbles, last week's wrap of results, reports, the ladder, stats leaders, match review and player of the year; plus your match program, with teamlists, player stats, head-to-head stats, match info and a full preview of every game of the NRL. There's also a detailed Super League program section.

EDITION 11 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

The Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by John moz, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

Yes I suppose that I must had , the poor bloke .
    And yes OKB1 has called me and we had a bit of a chat he is well , but disappointed that he is no longer on the forum . Unfortunately I cannot go into it any further buddy .

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  2. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

Old News Auntie Gerald...I believe flanno/young and mcGregor are on the panel...hence Clune starting..dufty back in the top grade..Kerr given a run etc... read between the lines...flanno definitely coaching attack....Just compare dufty to Barba 2016...

https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...line-up-matt-dufty/1ph9hnam1lxgw17nypjj7wka6i

3. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

St George Illawarra Dragons' selection committee different - but working, according to Flanagan

Written By Chris Danks 25/06/20

With two straight wins under the belt, it appears the Dragons’ three-man selection of Paul McGregor, Shane Flanagan and Dean Young is producing results.

Admittedly, those two results were a 30-16 win over a Sharks devoid of direction or devotion, and a 20-8 win over the Titans in James Graham’s farewell game for the Red V; but the joint venture club can only beat the teams in front of them on the park.

“[A selection committee] not something I’ve seen before but something the board put in place a couple of weeks ago,” Flanagan told SEN on Thursday. “To Paul’s credit, he didn’t make too much of a fuss about it.

“He’s been outstanding and just got on with this job. If that’s the way the club wants to go, he’ll work with it and just focus on doing his job. That’s rubbed off on everyone else; we’ve just to do our job and assist where we can. Over the last couple of weeks we’ve had some good results go our way and just need to continue to do that.

“It’s a credit to Mary for the way he’s handled it.”

One of the perceived advantages of introducing the selection committee is the return of fullback Matt Dufty. After being dropped before the round 4 loss, Dufty was recalled for the win over the Sharks, scoring a try, setting up a further two and running for just short of 200 metres.

His return against the Titans was, while less impressive in numbers, equally as influential.

Was this all because the selection committee, introduced before round 5?

“That’s speculation, what would have happened that week…who knows,” Flanagan said. “What goes on in that selection meeting stays inside there and won’t come out of the room, but that’s just speculation that Matt wouldn’t have been in that team.

“Players pick teams, not coaches, really. Form picks players and we just need to slot them in and create an atmosphere where they can play their best footy.

“If they play good footy, they’ll get in the team.”

The Dragons will need Dufty to be at his unpredictable best on Friday night against the Roosters, with the back-to-back premiers’ defensive line speed still league-leading.

“When Matt’s in the game, we’re a better football team,” McGregor said during Thursday’s press conference. “That unpredictability is vital to capitalise on fractured defensive lines, quick play the balls or six-again sets.

“Matt’s past couple of weeks have certainly been his best for the year and, again, the more involvement, the more push around the footy, the better he gets our defensive splits right, we become a better footy team.

“He’s getting the balance right at the moment; it’s just about consistency now.”

https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...line-up-matt-dufty/1ph9hnam1lxgw17nypjj7wka6i

4. jak

jak Juniors

thats ok just glad to hear he still out there, please say hi for me next time your talking to him i do miss his subtle banter, along with yours of course

5. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

Yes, miss OKB1's posts and graphics. Give him our regards Gareth67.

6. Dragonsamy

Dragonsamy Bench

getsmarty likes this.
  7. muzby

muzby Village Idiot Staff Member

So Shepard isn’t on the panel?

8. redv13

redv13 Juniors

No he’s not. I thought it was McFlop, Flanno, Young and Haran.

Dragonsamy and Old Timer like this.
  9. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

100% correct and that's how it has been reported several times with no mention of Shep.

Dragonsamy and Coffs dragon like this.
  10. muzby

So we’re all 100% sure Shepard isn’t on the panel?

11. redv13

redv13 Juniors

He is NOT ON THE PANEL.

jak, Dragonsamy and Dragon David like this.
  12. avocado

avocado Juniors

Something is brewing ...

jak likes this.
  13. redv13

redv13 Juniors

14. Coffs dragon

Coffs dragon Bench

It’s been brewing for 7 years now, surely it’s stagnant.

15. muzby

And we’re all sure of this?

16. muzby

Coffee. You want some?

17. redv13

redv13 Juniors

Standard from you orange man.

Dragonsamy likes this.
  18. muzby

Why bring colour into the equation?

19. redv13

redv13 Juniors

20. redv13

redv13 Juniors

Being a jerk from the Illawarra, should you not be a red tomato?? More realistic than an orange you fool

Dragonsamy likes this.