What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Any word on Ofe and Maguire? Gone a bit quiet. I have a feeling with Walters as coach now at the Bronco's, he may have a nibble at Norman and possibly Hiunt. The Bronco's halves are both struggling big time and they need a change there. Hopeflly Norman will be taken as I think Hunt has more to give under a better coach now.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Any word on Ofe and Maguire? Gone a bit quiet. I have a feeling with Walters as coach now at the Bronco's, he may have a nibble at Norman and possibly Hiunt. The Bronco's halves are both struggling big time and they need a change there. Hopeflly Norman will be taken as I think Hunt has more to give under a better coach now.
Seeing as though Kevvie picked the big O in origin he might want to keep him. I do think there is a chance although low that Kevvie may just entertain Hunt at hooker for the Broncs.

I think Dragons hold the key here. The Bronco's need a good half more than a forward. Saints should see if they can Get Ofe and throw in Norman as a sweetner like pay 300k of his salary for next season. Maybe get Bird and Ofe for Norman.

We should be planting the seed around the contract of Payne Haas.
Signed a 6 year deal in 2018 from memory for 3 or 3.5 million.
That’s around $500k average per year.
If he was on the open market now I’m sure someone will pay $800k for a young big boppa like him that can roll out some massive stats.
I’m sure the Broncos would have to review and pay extra to keep him (or his Manager) happy.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
We should be planting the seed around the contract of Payne Haas.
Signed a 6 year deal in 2018 from memory for 3 or 3.5 million.
That’s around $500k average per year.
If he was on the open market now I’m sure someone will pay $800k for a young big boppa like him that can roll out some massive stats.
I’m sure the Broncos would have to review and pay extra to keep him (or his Manager) happy.
He will become the best prop in history imo. He has a massive motor, is huge and can run. If I had any criticism maybe he looks to be too good a bloke and lacks a touch of mongrel.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I think Dragons hold the key here. The Bronco's need a good half more than a forward. Saints should see if they can Get Ofe and throw in Norman as a sweetner like pay 300k of his salary for next season. Maybe get Bird and Ofe for Norman.

The big O might as well be covering Roy Orbison's hits because his recent on field performances have been limp and underwhelming. If this is how he auditions for a change of club, his manager should have a serious word into his shell-like.

My dream business deal for 2021 with the Broncos would be to sell Hunt as a solution for either their half/hooker issues, Norman, a solution for their full-back (Boyd retiring) /half issues and we take in return Patrick Carrigan, a young, emerging middle forward with a high work rate who would tighten up our defence and Katoni Staggs.

Pigs might fly you may well say and I will admit it will take a night on the turps for Kevvie to see the wisdom of this.

Maddragon99

Juniors
The big O might as well be covering Roy Orbison's hits because his recent on field performances have been limp and underwhelming. If this is how he auditions for a change of club, his manager should have a serious word into his shell-like.

My dream business deal for 2021 with the Broncos would be to sell Hunt as a solution for either their half/hooker issues, Norman, a solution for their full-back (Boyd retiring) /half issues and we take in return Patrick Carrigan, a young, emerging middle forward with a high work rate who would tighten up our defence and Katoni Staggs.

Pigs might fly you may well say and I will admit it will take a night on the turps for Kevvie to see the wisdom of this.

Its hard to get a read on a lot of the Brisbane players they had a shocking season with a lot of off field drama & poor coaching. If there are opportunities for player trades with Brisbane particularly with players Hook has relationships with Then we’d be crazy not to explore them.

don’t forget Kevvie picked Norman for origin last year & Ben Hunt has been a regular under under Kevvie so there must be some high regard there.

Interesting month ahead me thinks

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Its hard to get a read on a lot of the Brisbane players they had a shocking season with a lot of off field drama & poor coaching. If there are opportunities for player trades with Brisbane particularly with players Hook has relationships with Then we’d be crazy not to explore them.

don’t forget Kevvie picked Norman for origin last year & Ben Hunt has been a regular under under Kevvie so there must be some high regard there.

Interesting month ahead me thinks
and got the MOM also I think

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors

Unpopular opinion but Kotoni Staggs is just a EA type pre the touch up he received from Latrell before origin a few years ago. Runs hard and shows good strength but rarely sets up his winger, the defining feature of a centre that most just seem to lose sight of. A flashy palm and all of a sudden they’re world beaters.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Unpopular opinion but Kotoni Staggs is just a EA type pre the touch up he received from Latrell before origin a few years ago. Runs hard and shows good strength but rarely sets up his winger, the defining feature of a centre that most just seem to lose sight of. A flashy palm and all of a sudden they’re world beaters.
He’s certainly better than EA but I do get the point. I believe Lomax will be better than him once he gets the errors out of his game. Feagai also looks a prospect. I don’t think we need to buy any centres. All our energy needs to go into forwards.

Gareth67

First Grade
He’s certainly better than EA but I do get the point. I believe Lomax will be better than him once he gets the errors out of his game. Feagai also looks a prospect. I don’t think we need to buy any centres. All our energy needs to go into forwards.

Agree with the backs , plenty of raw talent there and the forwards we need a couple of gents who will not only lead from the front but also not take a backward step .

Preferably some real bruisers who have their wits about them .

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Agree with the backs , plenty of raw talent there and the forwards we need a couple of gents who will not only lead from the front but also not take a backward steps .

Preferably some real bruisers who have their wits about them .
Yeah I agree, I know Welch is a great player and I’d have him for sure but I feel we need an enforcer. Someone with a heap of mongrel. Someone in the JWH mould. McGuire fits the bill for me. Just to help with attitude adjustment. Obviously Hethrington would be nice if we could get him.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Hethrington would be nice to get but we need a proven performer first I think. Obviously if we got McGuire and Hethrington then it’s nice but someone like McGuire would be perfect for the shift. He would instantly become a leader along side Vaughn
He would help Vaughan and especially Lawrie a lot imo. Vaughan could concentrate on just working hard and leave the niggle to McGuire. Lawrie had a good battle with him a few weeks back, he’s got it in him imo, just needs to be shown the way. He’s too young to start dominating and bossing 30 year old props yet but as the JWH’s of the world retire he will be 25-26 with not a huge amount of good props coming through he may start to become an elite prop.

Craig93

Juniors
He would help Vaughan and especially Lawrie a lot imo. Vaughan could concentrate on just working hard and leave the niggle to McGuire. Lawrie had a good battle with him a few weeks back, he’s got it in him imo, just needs to be shown the way. He’s too young to start dominating and bossing 30 year old props yet but as the JWH’s of the world retire he will be 25-26 with not a huge amount of good props coming through he may start to become an elite prop.

Yea absolutely that’s why I’m hoping we are after a leader type forward for the guys like Lawrie and Kerr to jump on board and learn. They will both be better forwards for it. I feel you can get away with a younger edge forward atleast on one edge. I mean look how Liam Martin has gone this year for Penrith just a bull terrier we just need our version of that to stand up and take his chance on The open spot we should have with Frizz departing.