What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Graham is not worth $600,000 per season at 32-34 years of age as a player only but I guess we are paying a bit extra for his leadership and mongrel. We had better get our act together in 2018 especially our attack and wing defence and bolstering of our bench forwards which has been below par in 2017. Ah Mau, Sims and Host are up to it but not Leilua, Lawrie snd Sele who do not set the house on fire
due to lack of consistency. Perhaps Kerr should be given a go as he has a Paul Vaughan and Elton Rasmussen look about him and seems to have their speed.
What makes you say lawrie whom I think has looked ok in the nrl does he need more exposure yes but he's hardly not up to it .sele shows a lot of promise yes he makes mistakes but you need to give these young forwards confidence in the coach something we don't have .

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Overseas Dragon, players should get their exposure at Reserve Grade level not NRL level unless they are outstanding such as Stone or Reddy. Lawrie seemed to have difficulty handling the physicality of NRL while Sele had handling problems and Leilua was erractic. These problems should be addressed at NSW Cup level and if the NRL Coach wants to use these players they should have the ability of a Sims or Ah Mau. It is no use in pretending that they are up to the mark when they are not and increase the error rate which is already unacceptable and losing the team games.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Overseas Dragon, players should get their exposure at Reserve Grade level not NRL level unless they are outstanding such as Stone or Reddy. Lawrie seemed to have difficulty handling the physicality of NRL while Sele had handling problems and Leilua was erractic. These problems should be addressed at NSW Cup level and if the NRL Coach wants to use these players they should have the ability of a Sims or Ah Mau. It is no use in pretending that they are up to the mark when they are not and increase the error rate which is already unacceptable and losing the team games.
Well written but your entitled to your opinion lets agree to disagree especially lawrie.how many mistakes has he mad in his short life in top grade

Sorry but some of the so called experienced first graders were the worst offenders for making mistakes.

Nightingale, Dugan, Widdop, McCrone, McDonald I won't go any further but they made mistakes every single game without punishment.

Leilua hasn't even played first grade this year so I am not sure why you mentioned him at all.

Sele and Lawrie made a few errors but that is to be expected for guys that young but to not want them brought into first grade in fear of mistakes is straight from the Mary coaching manual and the guy is a dead set goose.

Sims and Ah Mau made mistakes themselves so trying to say the younger players should base their performance off them is rather odd.

To say Sele or Lawrie lost the team games is a tad silly most of the time they barely played any minutes anyway.

Graham is not worth $600,000 per season at 32-34 years of age as a player only but I guess we are paying a bit extra for his leadership and mongrel. We had better get our act together in 2018 especially our attack and wing defence and bolstering of our bench forwards which has been below par in 2017. Ah Mau, Sims and Host are up to it but not Leilua, Lawrie snd Sele who do not set the house on fire
due to lack of consistency. Perhaps Kerr should be given a go as he has a Paul Vaughan and Elton Rasmussen look about him and seems to have their speed.

My initial response when I heard we were interested in him was Iwould not have signed him because I was concerned he is running on "old legs".

However if he manages to instill his attitude in to the dressing room, the team will perform 10-15% better which equates to winning games we lost this year.

So in response to your comment I believe he is worth a try and therefore the money because:

1) he will set a professional standard and attitude the others will be keen to follow
2) he is a decent guy and hence will be accepted with open arms by the squad
3) Will provide leadership on and off the field
4) Is a tactically astute player
5) will keep the referees on their toes
6) he is a representative player
7) there is a chance he became stale at the Berries and simply needed a change of scenery

Slippery Morris

First Grade
My initial response when I heard we were interested in him was Iwould not have signed him because I was concerned he is running on "old legs".

However if he manages to instill his attitude in to the dressing room, the team will perform 10-15% better which equates to winning games we lost this year.

So in response to your comment I believe he is worth a try and therefore the money because:

1) he will set a professional standard and attitude the others will be keen to follow
2) he is a decent guy and hence will be accepted with open arms by the squad
3) Will provide leadership on and off the field
4) Is a tactically astute player
5) will keep the referees on their toes
6) he is a representative player
7) there is a chance he became stale at the Berries and simply needed a change of scenery

He is getting older but so was Civinoceva and he did ok. Plus if they limit his minutes they will get more out of him. The fact he had neck surgery is a bigger concern because not many players come good after that. Gordon Tallis was never the same when he did his surgery.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
It's going to be interesting to see what sort of squad we will have in a few months time once pre-season kicks off and all player movements are finalised.

We still need that winger.

I mentioned before on this blog that Dragons recruitment should look at recruiting Tyson Frizzell's brother Shannon from Union. He is only 22 and bigger version of Tyson. He is a devastating tackler and ball carrier. He is 108 kg and fast and would add dynamic factor to the forwards.

Drag Queen

Bench
I mentioned before on this blog that Dragons recruitment should look at recruiting Tyson Frizzell's brother Shannon from Union. He is only 22 and bigger version of Tyson. He is a devastating tackler and ball carrier. He is 108 kg and fast and would add dynamic factor to the forwards.
Fellow Kiwi I agree with you. Unfortunately I think we have the forwards covered. It's our backs that require something special atm.

Bench
On facebook: Hearing the Dragons are close to signing Raider Kato Ottio!
RUMOUR: Dragons are interested in Storm outside back Young Tonumaipea!

TomRedVRiver

Bench
If I had to choose between Ottio and Tonumaipea i'd go for Ottio in a heartbeat. Even though he hasn't made that step up into first grade yet I still think he has far more potential than Tonumaipea.

Latest posts