What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

redv13

Bench
Josh McGuire rumours are getting stronger I’ve got a feeling it’s going to happen just not at $650k as reported here

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/1a24c292f7ac9c15adc0e38dfc1813d1
Contracts start in November so theoretically the 15th of this month will be 6 months into his 2021 contract so really it’s 325,000 for the rest of this season. If the cows chip in a little we could probably pick him up around the 200/250 mark and see what happens for 2022

Maddragon99

Juniors
Contracts start in November so theoretically the 15th of this month will be 6 months into his 2021 contract so really it’s 325,000 for the rest of this season. If the cows chip in a little we could probably pick him up around the 200/250 mark and see what happens for 2022
I think we’d all agree McGuire at $250k is a bargain. Use him as a battering ram, new club, great coach & winning couture I think he’d really step up. Exactly like McCullough has. He’d be dying to get out of Nth Qld they are looking like wooden spoon favourites.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I think we’d all agree McGuire at $250k is a bargain. Use him as a battering ram, new club, great coach & winning couture I think he’d really step up. Exactly like McCullough has. He’d be dying to get out of Nth Qld they are looking like wooden spoon favourites.
The only bonus I see with signing Grub McGuire is he has a fair bit of dummy half experience as a fill in hooker for the Broncos & also represented Samoa as a hooker.
Could be a handy fill in for Macca to take a breather throughout a long season ahead.

BIG RIG

Juniors
So it looks like we are getting :

Josh McGuire
Andrew Fifita
Billy Burns

all mid - Season

with Eddie Blacker, Billy Brittain and potentially Adam Clune all departing

Not too bad in my opinion

intriguing to see if JDB comes back into the fold

RedVee

First Grade

Josh McGuire
Andrew Fifita
Billy Burns

all mid - Season

We don’t need to release all 3 as we are short on numbers atm

Como Connection

First Grade
He did state previously that he was a Dragons fan growing up, that's a big plus.
CC

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
He did state previously that he was a Dragons fan growing up, that's a big plus.
CC
He would be great for us, anyone from the opposition talks shit and he's straight into them. Wearing a red V trust me we wont hate it. He and Lawrie had a great battle one round last year id have given it a split decision. Another Blocka right now and we are flying.

Como Connection

First Grade
He would be great for us, anyone from the opposition talks shit and he's straight into them. Wearing a red V trust me we wont hate it. He and Lawrie had a great battle one round last year id have given it a split decision. Another Blocka right now and we are flying.
The Farmer's spot now looks the one likely to be filled by either of the new signings.
CC

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
We don’t need to release all 3 as we are short on numbers atm
Isn't BB going to be medically retired? If so we really need a replacement hooker. That puts McGuire well ahead of Fifita due to his handy service but I would hope at the very least they promote Amone to cup and play Wishart at 9.

Maddragon99

Juniors

Josh McGuire
Andrew Fifita
Billy Burns

all mid - Season

I think Blacker might be a name to come back & haunt us in the future. He’s had virtually no opportunity yet he’s got stakes of potential. I’d love him to at least get a run at 17 jersey before he’s let go. I had him earmarked as a potential replacement for Vaughan once he moves on.

redv13

Bench
I think Blacker might be a name to come back & haunt us in the future. He’s had virtually no opportunity yet he’s got stakes of potential. I’d love him to at least get a run at 17 jersey before he’s let go. I had him earmarked as a potential replacement for Vaughan once he moves on.
From what I have seen he is a long way off first grade material. Just my opinion, some may agree and some may disagree.

Maddragon99

Juniors
I know some on here describe McGuire as a grub but to me he’s just an old style rugby league player, gives no quarter & expects none in return. Might be old fashioned but every team needs one or two as evidenced in the Newcastle game. They thought they could bash us off the park yet we gave back more in return. With the injuries they picked up it’s probably cost their season. Go you mighty Dragons!

Como Connection

First Grade
I know some on here describe McGuire as a grub but to me he’s just an old style rugby league player, gives no quarter & expects none in return. Might be old fashioned but every team needs one or two as evidenced in the Newcastle game. They thought they could bash us off the park yet we gave back more in return. With the injuries they picked up it’s probably cost their season. Go you mighty Dragons!
Exactly what Bennett did, bring the bash boys in.
CC

Latest posts